IGNORED

Tomlin trains with the U23

bs3

Lee tomlin is a disgrace to his profession, yes a talented footballer but in awful shape which is inexcusable for a sportsman who trains every day and plays twice a week most weeks. He clearly has previous at other clubs for a questionable attitude....I genuinely thought this would be the signing that moved us to the next level but unfortunately he has been a dissapointment.

10 hours ago, 29AR said:

Only in the world of football could an overweight, underwhelming, out of form, character be defended when/if punished. 

LT fell out at his last club. I firmly believe he spoke to LJ as reported and if so he was damn lucky not to find himself immediately transfer listed in my book. 

If he's being poisonous, divisive, belligerent pack him to the U23's. If he's not training in the right manner to keep himself in the prime fitness we need him, pack him to the U23's. If he packs his bags before the window is over, I'll shed no tears.

He's a class player, when he wants to be. He's just like JET in that there's a reason he's at the level he is and he is the one person who mentally can't bring himself to allow himself to play at a higher level.

He isn't the player or character we needed. We were deceived. I can excuse that, he was damn exciting on loan. But he's a billy big living off a reputation and is clearly coasting but still expecting to be shown utmost respect. 

I totally agree with your post. The shame is we haven't really done that well without him

10 hours ago, 29AR said:

Only in the world of football could an overweight, underwhelming, out of form, character be defended when/if punished. 

LT fell out at his last club. I firmly believe he spoke to LJ as reported and if so he was damn lucky not to find himself immediately transfer listed in my book. 

If he's being poisonous, divisive, belligerent pack him to the U23's. If he's not training in the right manner to keep himself in the prime fitness we need him, pack him to the U23's. If he packs his bags before the window is over, I'll shed no tears.

He's a class player, when he wants to be. He's just like JET in that there's a reason he's at the level he is and he is the one person who mentally can't bring himself to allow himself to play at a higher level.

He isn't the player or character we needed. We were deceived. I can excuse that, he was damn exciting on loan. But he's a billy big living off a reputation and is clearly coasting but still expecting to be shown utmost respect. 

Or an alternative management technique would be to make him captain

7 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Or an alternative management technique would be to make him captain

Someone who threatens an assault, or someone who regularly backchats referees enough to get booked and banned resulting therefrom, is not someone who deserves captaincy. 

Tomlin is training with the first team,

Johnson has not lost the dressing room.

There are no cliques within the team.

The great team spirit which SC built and fostered is stronger than ever.

Young players are currently not getting a chance due to the pressure of the situation possibly setting their progress back, but they are being included in the matchday squad to increase their exposure to the match day experience.

Johnson berating senior players who are acting like children.

Lansdown decided to front up to the reality of the situation and make several public statements.

The optimism that LJ fostered toward the end of last season has waned in the eyes of many supporters..

Johnson is doing his best to turn the fortunes of the club around and we have to sit back and support this.

100% true, but I won't name my source, so you'll just have to believe me.... and I have over 2000 posts, so at least I'll have the respect of Agard Days Night.... :blink:

11 hours ago, Ashtonwurzel said:

I'm not sure that they were that desperate to get him, the deal took ages to get done and to fair it was ferocious clamouring from the fans (especially this forum) for his signing that all but left them backed into a corner and having to sign him or risk the wrath of our fans every time we lost or didn't score in a game. I was one who was taken in by last years magic but honestly we all knew this would end in tears, maybe not this soon but eventually.

I think you're over thinking it. If the club really cared what the fans(and this forum especially) LJ would be gone. They saw a top player for this level that was affordable. He had baggage and we gambled we could deal. Seems we couldn't. Give him his last chance or cut out losses. We're not as good without him at his best but we are better off without him at his worst which is what he's at right now. 

40 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

I think you're over thinking it. If the club really cared what the fans(and this forum especially) LJ would be gone. They saw a top player for this level that was affordable. He had baggage and we gambled we could deal. Seems we couldn't. Give him his last chance or cut out losses. We're not as good without him at his best but we are better off without him at his worst which is what he's at right now. 

I will also throw season ticket sales into the mix but accept your views may be closer to what happened, maybe it will come out eventually.

6 minutes ago, Ashtonwurzel said:

I will also throw season ticket sales into the mix but accept your views may be closer to what happened, maybe it will come out eventually.

We will probably never know. You could be right and the fans pressured them into Tomlin. He hasn't worked out so he's not listening to us now. Anything is possible but I do think they gambled on a talented player that was affordable for us 

Tomlin played well last year as realistically he hoped to get back into the Bournemouth hot seat! The deal to sign him took along time to tie up probably as he was hoping for Premiership football or high end championship football and he probably knew where BCFC would be come the end of the season! I Guess we were the best on offer!

2 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

We will probably never know. You could be right and the fans pressured them into Tomlin. He hasn't worked out so he's not listening to us now. Anything is possible but I do think they gambled on a talented player that was affordable for us 

Yep, can't really blame them for that, once in a while they do come off. Just hope not to much damage has been done behind the scenes. It actually might not be that bad and fixable. Hat trick at Burnley and all is well :clapping:

4 minutes ago, Poshtottie said:

Tomlin played well last year as realistically he hoped to get back into the Bournemouth hot seat! The deal to sign him took along time to tie up probably as he was hoping for Premiership football or high end championship football and he probably knew where BCFC would be come the end of the season! I Guess we were the best on offer!

Yes agreed. I just have that feeling that neither party was over joyed at the deal - could be wrong.

3 hours ago, GasDestroyer said:

LT seen in B&M Winterstoke road with the under 23s buying his Haribo midgets this am, so it must be true!!!

....why was he sticking pins in 'em rather than eating 'em though?   spooky..

The bloke has done  ' magic '  things with a football sometimes, but only in rare ' spells '

...and to be honest we never know  'witch' Tomlin is gonna turn up when he plays either...

Beginning to wonder... hmm.

22 hours ago, bs3 said:

Tomlin is training with the U23,

Johnson have lost the dressing room.

There are know  cliques within the team.

The the great team spirit which SC built and fosterd is gone.

Young players not getting a chance the so called pathway is gone.

Johnson treating senior players like children.

Lansdown refusing to front up to the reality of the situation.

All the optimism from a season or two have gone.

Johnson is killing this club and we have to sit back and watch this.

Quite a few senior players are children hence treated  as such

21 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Tomlinson is definitely training with Under 23's. FACT. 

Well, Tammy Abraham, O'Dowda, Engvall, O'Leary at least. Maybe Brownhill & Lucic..? 

I think the rest of them are over 23. 

Tomlinson training with the under-23s? My arse!

IMG_1402.JPG

Archived