IGNORED

Danny wilson ?

Rocking Red Cyril

4 hours ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

Well he is free !!

2 minutes ago, YorkshireSection said:

Well if we're going to be playing 3rd division football let's get Wilson back in as at least his football is ******* watchable and exciting, this bloke can't even get the players stringing 2 passes together.

Are you sure? Wilson got sacked because he couldn't get us out of L1 on a rather decent budget with some serious signings!

7 minutes ago, YorkshireSection said:

Well if we're going to be playing 3rd division football let's get Wilson back in as at least his football is ******* watchable and exciting, this bloke can't even get the players stringing 2 passes together.

A good point, very well made.

But no.

2 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

Stop wasting server space with junk. The one requirement for our next manager is that they will be at least normal average height. And that they are not one of our previously failed manager.

Problem is we will get somebody else's previously failed manager.

9 hours ago, YorkshireSection said:

I've got to be honest, I thought this thread was ridiculous until I read this...

6 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

There is absolutely no reason to think any new incoming head coach/manager will be the answer

The problems lie deeper, with the structure of the club

The structure of the club is O.K if the recruitment and then the coaching of those recruited is good. The purpose of Ashton being a football man meant if it went tits up on the pitch, it would be easier to replace a head coach rather than keep changing 'a manager'. Not sure though that everyone is keeping within that structure, SL included.

LJ seems to be too involved with signings and Ashton doesn't appear to be a strong enough CEO, IMO

2 minutes ago, Linkedarm wall said:

The structure of the club is O.K if the recruitment and then the coaching of those recruited is good. The purpose of Ashton being a football man meant if it went tits up on the pitch, it would be easier to replace a head coach rather than keep changing 'a manager'. Not sure though that everyone is keeping within that structure, SL included.

LJ seems to be too involved with signings and Ashton doesn't appear to be a strong enough CEO, IMO

Agree 

I've highlighted, what IMHO I see as crucial issues in any hope for stability or success

our recruitment appears to be a better oiled machine now, and in general terms I think the recruitment has been 'ok' - nothing less / more

As for the coaching , judging by performances , individually and collectively , I have real concerns about the work on the training ground

26 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Agree 

I've highlighted, what IMHO I see as crucial issues in any hope for stability or success

our recruitment appears to be a better oiled machine now, and in general terms I think the recruitment has been 'ok' - nothing less / more

As for the coaching , judging by performances , individually and collectively , I have real concerns about the work on the training ground

With regard to the coaching, is it too simplistic to say since Holden arrived it appears to have gone on the slide? Back to the structure again!! Would have certainly changed the dynamic of what goes on in the training pitch with 'an extra resource.' Which is why if Johnson is the 'head coach' and nothing else surely him and Pembo is enough? it leads me to believe if Johnson is getting involved with more 'manager' stuff with Ashton then that is why Holden arrived. 

2 minutes ago, Linkedarm wall said:

With regard to the coaching, is it too simplistic to say since Holden arrived it appears to have gone on the slide? Back to the structure again!! Would have certainly changed the dynamic of what goes on in the training pitch with 'an extra resource.' Which is why if Johnson is the 'head coach' and nothing else surely him and Pembo is enough? it leads me to believe if Johnson is getting involved with more 'manager' stuff with Ashton then that is why Holden arrived. 

The arrival of Holden and the dismal run does seem a bizarre ? Coincidence ?

Dont know tbh , but it's certainly something I'd be looking at if I was SL / MA

Just now, BobBobSuperBob said:

The arrival of Holden and the dismal run does seem a bizarre ? Coincidence ?

Dont know tbh , but it's certainly something I'd be looking at if I was SL / MA

It does make me think back to John Ward days when we got promoted (then relegated) when we got the 'extra resource' wrong then and now. JW admitted he wanted help and if I remember correctly wanted Ray Harford to work WITH him. Instead it was Benny and the rest is history.

So if SL/MA thinks we need an extra resource and hold LJ in such high esteem for now and the future development, instead of Holden and Pembo why not put a Roy Hodgson (or Hoddle as I saw on another post) type character in as Director of Football to help LJ with the team and his development as a coach, after all its a level he has never coached at before. Then if it works LJ moves up, new coach etc etc

1 minute ago, Linkedarm wall said:

It does make me think back to John Ward days when we got promoted (then relegated) when we got the 'extra resource' wrong then and now. JW admitted he wanted help and if I remember correctly wanted Ray Harford to work WITH him. Instead it was Benny and the rest is history.

So if SL/MA thinks we need an extra resource and hold LJ in such high esteem for now and the future development, instead of Holden and Pembo why not put a Roy Hodgson (or Hoddle as I saw on another post) type character in as Director of Football to help LJ with the team and his development as a coach, after all its a level he has never coached at before. Then if it works LJ moves up, new coach etc etc

Don't think you can do that retrospectively

IMO Would have been a decent idea when LJ was appointed , but to do it now would destroy any credibility he has left , I'd suggest

On 24 January 2017 at 10:09, Lorenzos Only Goal said:

Are you sure? Wilson got sacked because he couldn't get us out of L1 on a rather decent budget with some serious signings!

What and you think LJ will lift us out of league one? 

My point was that we aren't going to get promoted from league one under LJ so we may as well watch a brand of football that's entertaining!!!!!

22 hours ago, Cider red said:

Deserved to manage us in the championship, played the best footy I've seen since supporting city Imo.

The most recent to play the good stuff I agree but I preferred AD, TC and the first incarnation of JJ. Those were the days!

7 hours ago, YorkshireSection said:

What and you think LJ will lift us out of league one? 

My point was that we aren't going to get promoted from league one under LJ so we may as well watch a brand of football that's entertaining!!!!!

I agree. My only gripe with DW is the play-off final but I wish we'd kept him nonetheless. He did however not turn us into a team that payed like Brazil which he did manage before at Barnsley (or they sung.... and to be honest I do think that Barnsley team was great to watch).

Archived