IGNORED

Next 3 games - what do you predict?

robc

1 hour ago, Super said:

Stay up or win the FA cup?

100% win the FA cup. I'd rather win the FA cup and do a double relegation! You'd never be able to take that day of winning at Wembley in the sunshine away. But I suspect we'll have our championship status taken away at some point - probably the following season. :thumbsup:

I can't see us getting anything other than a spanking at Turf Moor but that's not particularly important IMHO.

A point against the Wendies would be a decent start but anything other than a victory against ROD's mob and we would be in deep trouble. After that, the only game I can see us getting anything from is Fulham at our place. For me, it's all about the Rotherham game, lose that and SL will have to act but it might be too late (ie after the window has shut).

2 hours ago, robc said:

OK. It looks likely that the next 3 games will decide Lee Johnson's immediate future. What do you think will happen? My view is that City's seemingly unerring ability to lose to teams on a bad run themselves will kick in yet again.

I reckon the following:

Burnley Cup (Away) - a creditable performance by City against the Burnley Reserve team ending up in a defeat by two goals, perhaps 0-2 or 1-3

Sheffield Wednesday (Home) - a confidence boosting (or so it seems) draw against the promotion chasers maybe 0-0 or 1-1

Rotherham (Home) - an abject defeat at the hands of the no hopers - perhaps 1-2 or even 1-3

If I am right, and Steve Lansdown had known this before yesterday's 'vote of confidence', would he have still given it? I very much doubt it.

The thing that I cannot get out of my head is that the mantra that Lee, as a young manager, 'will learn from his mistakes' is plainly wrong because he had a similar terrible run at Barnsley. Moreover, I cannot for the life of me see how any manager aspiring to be successful in the Premiership can ever have had two such spectacular losing streaks on his CV.

All of that said, I hope that I am wrong because otherwise we'll be in the bottom 3 after Rotherham - and the transfer window will be shut for the season!

3 draws

1 minute ago, RedorDead BCFC said:

Lose to Burnley 3-1 after leading

Beat Sheff Wednesday 2-0

Beat Rotherham 4-0

Glass half full for me today. 

Must be strong stuff and a big glass as half of it has made you ........ (insert any number of comments)!

Predicting two winds is bold, but two clean sheets too is, well, extremely optimistic

I'm going with the following:  

Burnley Cup (Away) - We will lose 2-0

Sheffield Wednesday (Home) - We will lose 2-1 

Rotherham (Home) - We will draw 1-1 

Its after these fixtures where the trouble deepens for LJ as we have Leeds, Newcastle and Villa all away from home coming up soon 

4 hours ago, Fiale said:

Well hypotheticals are always fun...

So our up coming games are

ScreenShot_20170124140328.png

Burnley I think is a nothing game, we are not expected to win it, no pressure really - but I still expect a loss.

Sheffield Wednesday, cannot see us beating them, so sadly a loss.

Rotherham, a poor team, though they have managed to win 3 games in their last 10 so are actually in better form than us. They also have to play a poor Forest side before us, if they win that they will be confident against us. Regardless we should beat them.

Derby, Leeds, Fulham, Newcastle, Aston Villa - 15 points available, maybe the win against Rotherham will give us some confidence against them - but reality is I can see 5 straight defeats there. 

So 1 win in the next seven, 3 points out of 21 -

of course we could go on to win all these games and be in the playoffs by March - so is the nature of this crazy game.....

We are in trouble. No chance of even a point at any of those away games. 

5 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

We are in trouble. No chance of even a point at any of those away games. 

That's not even the scary part - if we do not get any decent points tally in those games we then have

ScreenShot_20170124182041.png

Huddersfield and Norwich will in all likely be zero points, and Burton, Wigan will be either just below us - or if things go really bad just above us - so both 6 pointers....

Really hope that we can turn things around now, and start gaining some points, the new signings hopefully being the catalyst to some wins. 

I can see us doing pretty well at Burnley. Probably not well enough to beat them, but a replay isnt out of the question. I can just see the lack of pressure allowing us to relax and play some good football. We've all seen it happen before, such as WBA last year. This will raise hopes of a return to form which will predictably be dashed by the following 2 home games in which we will pick up just a point. Its the Bristol City way.

One thing I'm fairly sure about.. Johnson won't survive failing to beat Rotherham.

Not gonna bother predicting....being boring.

Why?  Because you'll get all kinds of things like 4 points from the 2 games will be good, then you lose the first one, and people then say, the Rotherham game is the important game too win, 3 points there is the main aim.  Then we draw it and everyone says it was a must-not-lose game.

I've been guilty of doing the same.

The only thing I'll predict is that the eleven I come up with next Tuesday / Saturday won't be the one LJ picks!!!

7 minutes ago, OldlandReddies said:

Score draw v Burnley, bringing them back to the Gate for a home win. 3 Goal win v Wednesday and the same v Rotherham with Lee keeping his job and us going on an extended run until the end of the season just finishing outside the top six and Losing to Arsenal in the FA Cup Final. Sweet.

I'll have a pint, or two, of whatever you're drinking!

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Not gonna bother predicting....being boring.

Why?  Because you'll get all kinds of things like 4 points from the 2 games will be good, then you lose the first one, and people then say, the Rotherham game is the important game too win, 3 points there is the main aim.  Then we draw it and everyone says it was a must-not-lose game.

I've been guilty of doing the same.

The only thing I'll predict is that the eleven I come up with next Tuesday / Saturday won't be the one LJ picks!!!

20 pence your wrong put the team out and I will find you if you are wrong. Or right

4 minutes ago, reddoh said:

20 pence your wrong put the team out and I will find you if you are wrong. Or right

Ok, Saturday's team:

Giefer:

Wright, Flint, Magnússon, Golbourne

Brownhill, Hegeler, Pack, Bryan

Tomlin

Abraham

I put little effort into that.  It's what I think LJ will pick.

Just now, Davefevs said:

Ok, Saturday's team:

Giefer:

Wright, Flint, Magnússon, Golbourne

Brownhill, Hegeler, Pack, Bryan

Tomlin

Abraham

I put little effort into that.  It's what I think LJ will pick.

I will buy you a drink instead (but putting Tomlin and Abraham is risky) 

Archived