IGNORED

Next 3 games - what do you predict?

robc

Expect, fantastic 1-2 win at Burnley.1-2 defeat to Wednesday.1-0 win to Rotherham.This forum hot with play off talk.

Gut feeling.3-0 defeat to Burnley revs.Lee makes 6 changed at home to Wednesday 1-1.Lee makes 3 changes for Rotherham 0-1 at half time.Tammy 1-1 after 47 mins.Walsall goalkeeper makes a world class pen save in the 95 min.Sl says 2 points from the last two games is a big improvement,and Lee will have us playing in the Premiership in the next two seasons.

15 hours ago, tinman85 said:

We are in trouble. No chance of even a point at any of those away games. 

Just for fun, to play devil's advocate, and to present an alternative view I refreshed my memory of the results from the return fixtures of these next few matches.  Turns out we again played all of these teams in sequence, although in a slightly different order and with an international break between Villa and Rotherham.  Results were:

20 August - Newcastle - L 1-0

27 September - Villa - W 3-1

10 September - Rotherham - D 2-2

13 September - Sheff Wed - L 3-2

17 September - Derby - D 1-1

24 September - Fulham W 4-0 (plus W 2-1 in LC a few days prior)

27 September - Leeds - W 1-0

11 points from 7 games versus the same opponents that we are about to face.

This thread from after the Villa game shows a much more optimistic OTIB. People are cautious but generally see us picking up a few points from those matches.

I am aware that some things are now different.  We have four new players, we have some players that played in those matches that are now bench-warming, and of course most obviously we were only on a two match losing run as compared to having lost 11 out of the last 12.  However, I'd also take some perverse comfort from a recent excellent post by @Olé (below) in which he painstakingly outlined that back in the Summer we were playing with the same faults in our game that we see now, and that we were largely lucky to pick up points against Burton, Villa, Rotherham etc.  I say comfort because I am hoping for a replication of that luck, fortune, or whatever it was that conspired to create the results that we saw back then.

My main point is that we do not know the future and it may yet surprise us.

I live in hope, it may be forlorn, misguided or simply insane, but it still exists.

Personally I would not be surprised with a loss to Burnley followed by a madcap series of results which puts us all through the ringer and means we get 10 points from 7 matches so finishing February on 37 points after 34 matches.

Best case scenario .Lucky draw at Burnley -loads of City changes but backs to the wall against their reserve team. Then winners drawn against Arsenal at Home in 5th round.

Lose to Sheffield Wednesday after making at least 5 changes . Making another 5 changes v  Rotherham but still losing an awful match marred by protests before ,during and after the game against LJ

And that's the end of LJ, sacked by 6pm Saturday night after Rotherham defeat. Pemburton put in charge until new appointment.

I see Burnley as a turning point a chance to regain some pride in a game that really doesn't matter. A chance to play with freedom no pressure. I can see us getting a draw at least. 

Tuesday gsme will be tough but I see it as a draw. Saturday is a must win as we play the whipping boys. Sorry Rod hope you have an off day again

so it's a D D W from me I hope so for my sanity and little Lee COYR

2 hours ago, hertsexile said:

I see Burnley as a turning point a chance to regain some pride in a game that really doesn't matter. A chance to play with freedom no pressure. I can see us getting a draw at least. 

Tuesday gsme will be tough but I see it as a draw. Saturday is a must win as we play the whipping boys. Sorry Rod hope you have an off day again

so it's a D D W from me I hope so for my sanity and little Lee COYR

Was the fleetwood game not exactly the same?...

Unfortunately I can't see us getting anything from any of the 3 games while we have LJ in charge....

Only chance us to pick strongest team (yes this includes Tomlin) for all 3 game to give stability, but I doubt our own tinkerman will do this will play 3 completely different teams in 12 different formations with 7 different captains...

You could say I'm not confident.. 

On 24 January 2017 at 21:11, OldlandReddies said:

Score draw v Burnley, bringing them back to the Gate for a home win. 3 Goal win v Wednesday and the same v Rotherham with Lee keeping his job and us going on an extended run until the end of the season just finishing outside the top six and Losing to Arsenal in the FA Cup Final. Sweet.

I'm livid, Johnson should be sacked. Arsenal were there for the taking if we had only played Tomlin, 2 wingers, four up front and really gone for it.

Archived