IGNORED

Man Utd away support.

BCFC1512

2 minutes ago, Hydey said:

Woke up this morning feeling fine
Got Man Utd on my mind
Jose's got us playing the way Utd should (oh yeah)
Something tells me I'm into something good

Yep bring Fellaini on and lump long balls in his direction.

52 minutes ago, supercidered said:

I'm sorry but that is categorically wrong.

The majority of football fans in Manchester are Man City fans. That is just Manchester.

The majority of Man U fans live outside of Manchester even outside of Salford.

Walk in to any pub on a day, in any town in any city when Man U are being shown on TV and there they will be. They gather like sheep and some of them wouldn't where know Manchester is if you gave them a pin to stick in a map.

United fans have to apply for away tickets, they then enter a ballot, the ballot is rigged to make sure a large number of successful applicants are Manchester residents. 

2 minutes ago, Rascal said:

United fans have to apply for away tickets, they then enter a ballot, the ballot is rigged to make sure a large number of successful applicants are Manchester residents. 

That may be true and should be true. 

Its not really relevant to my original response or since though. Perhaps, we should leave it there.

4 minutes ago, supercidered said:

That may be true and should be true. 

Its not really relevant to my original response or since though. Perhaps, we should leave it there.

I said the majority of utds away supporters are Mancs 

you said that's categorically wrong 

so I explained why I was right 

how is that not relevant? 

1 hour ago, supercidered said:

Oh god. I'm not saying they don't live in Manchester. I'm saying more support Man City.

Outside of Manchester its United as outlined in my original response. I will use the word followers rather fans though.

What evidence supports this other than someone once said it?

The majority of football fans in Manchester are Man City fans. That is just Manchester.

Walk in to any pub on a day, in any town in any city when Man U are being shown on TV and there they will be. They gather like sheep and some of them wouldn't where know Manchester is if you gave them a pin to stick in a map.

There are 2.5 million people who live in and around Manchester. If you're saying that the majority of them support Manchester City then you're talking b*******.

Was true once but not true anymore. People in Manchester are no different to anywhere else- A lot of people support the most successful club. The Macunian generation in their 20's to early 30's mostly support Manchester United. At worst I'd say it's 50/50 overall.

Also(daft as it sounds...) People moved to Manchester because of Manchester United. I know of at least 4 blokes who are here because they came to Manchester University due to Manchester United. They still live here 15 years on and have young children who also support United. 

57 minutes ago, Rascal said:

Never heard of that one before- They have a Loyalty pot which if you have enough points to be part of gives you around a 80-85% success rate in your application... but United have season ticket holders from all around the country that have been going home and away for decades... The Cockney Reds existed in the 70s/80s.. So I can't see why they would rig it.

1 hour ago, Nube Rojo said:

I have more respect for F.C. United of Manchester - the real Man U fans!

Keep an eye on them. A lot of them are about to fall out with F.C United if rumours are to be believed. Funnily enough one of the issues is too many "non league tourists" killing the atmosphere.

2 hours ago, Rob k said:

Man City don't even sell out their ground, I have no interest in any prem side but Man U away support is decent, always has been 

Manchester City have one of the highest average attendances in the country. Take away the tourists from the likes of Arsenal, Manchester united and Liverpool and they would have similar attendances to Manchester city.

Like most people, I know loads of Man United, Arsenal and Liverpool fans who come from all the place but none whatsoever from the cities their "teams" are based in*.

Just adopting a team from somewhere you have no connection with because it's successful is just a totally alien concept to me. Why on earth do people do that? :dunno:

* I'm not saying those three have no local support, they just seem to be the most beset with gloryhunters.

3 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Like most people, I know loads of Man United, Arsenal and Liverpool fans who come from all the place but none whatsoever from the cities their "teams" are based in*.

Just adopting a team from somewhere you have no connection with because it's successful is just a totally alien concept to me. Why on earth do people do that? :dunno:

* I'm not saying those three have no local support, they just seem to be the most beset with gloryhunters.

Absolutely spot on. It does my head in.

A bloke I know that was born in Keynsham moved to Devon 10 years ago. I recognised his accent and asked him City or Rovers. He replied 'I'm Gas' bad choice but fair enough.

I saw him the next day with a Man Utd shirt on with a Man Utd badge tattoo on show on his leg. When I asked him about he said that the Gas were his 2nd team. I had to ask why and his explanation was because they were winning everything when he was at school. Good grief!:grr:

Just now, supercidered said:

A bloke I know that was born in Keynsham moved to Devon 10 years ago. I recognised his accent and asked him City or Rovers. He replied 'I'm Gas' bad choice but fair enough.

I saw him the next day with a Man Utd shirt on with a Man Utd badge tattoo on show on his leg. When I asked him about he said that the Gas were his 2nd team. I had to ask why and his explanation was because they were winning everything when he was at school. Good grief!:grr:

You get even weirder ones. There's a couple of blokes I know from Hertfordshire who are Southampton and Everton fans respectively. Guess who won the FA Cups in the years they got interested in football? :facepalm:

A guy in my village - rarely goes further than Shepton Mallet - is a West Brom "fan". Guess who won the FA Cup when he was a nipper? He'd no more be able to find West Bromwich on a map than he'd be able to find Western Samao!

9 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

You get even weirder ones. There's a couple of blokes I know from Hertfordshire who are Southampton and Everton fans respectively. Guess who won the FA Cups in the years they got interested in football? :facepalm:

A guy in my village - rarely goes further than Shepton Mallet - is a West Brom "fan". Guess who won the FA Cup when he was a nipper? He'd no more be able to find West Bromwich on a map than he'd be able to find Western Samao!

In fairness there could be bizarre reasons behind things like this.

A family member of my Mrs is 19 years old and supports Ipswich. He's Mancuian born and bred- But after his dad left when he was really young, his mums new boyfriend was from Ipswich and took him to a game. Been a die hard ever since... This despite the fact that the new boyfriend lasted less than 6 months.

Just now, cider-manc said:

A family member of my Mrs is 19 years old and supports Ipswich. He's Mancuian born and bred- But after his dad left when he was really young, his mums new boyfriend was from Ipswich and took him to a game. Been a die hard ever since... This despite the fact that the new boyfriend lasted less than 6 months.

Always exceptions to the rule. A mate of mine was born in Brum and moved to Devon as a kid, He has a season ticket, goes to away games and followed them all over Europe. The vast majority though are sheep and follow the glory trail.

20 hours ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

Love them or hate them you have to say there Away support is incredible!!

as one standing and singing non stop! I know numbers help but at forest on Saturday the amount of times we were told to sit down by our own fans!

I think what didn't help at Forest on Saturday was the fact it was unreserved seating and perversely that meant anyone who arrived later could not necessarily sit where they wanted.  I'm always a bit uncomfortable standing at football matches if I'm conscious there could easily be someone behind me who is older or has an impairment and is not able to stand and that I'm basically ****ing up their experience* but I think that's easier to negate if people who need to sit have got the option of booking and guaranteeing seating further forward (or if the seating at the front is reserved for people with access requirements until it is clear it's not needed for that purpose.) 

*This happened at Fulham. There was an older chap with a stick yelling at people to sit down but it was impossible for us to do because of people standing in front of us standing and so forth.  Much easier if you can book seats and avoid that happening. 

21 hours ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

Love them or hate them you have to say there Away support is incredible!!

as one standing and singing non stop! I know numbers help but at forest on Saturday the amount of times we were told to sit down by our own fans!

Who wants to watch the football anyway?

9 hours ago, supercidered said:

Agreed with the look of the empty seats you see most weeks at Man City. However, my best mate is a Man C fan and he rarely can get a ticket because most of the seats are season ticket holders that haven't turned up. Thats why the ground was recently made bigger to accommodate non season ticket holders.

Again, the away support is full of sheep who follow success. Despite having relegation in their history, they have been by and large successful for longer than anyone with maybe the exception of Liverpool.

They had massive away support even when they were relegated to be fair. Is that what you call sheep who follow success? Strange. 

7 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

7 hours ago, supercidered said:

I don't call these people fans there followers!!!! Probably only ever been to Old Trafford, Anfield Stamford Bridge or ground of there team once and that was for a stadium tour and not even a match.

8 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

I don't see anything wrong with that tbh

8 hours ago, cider-manc said:

I love it when people follow slightly random teams for slightly random reasons. In some ways, being committed to a relatively unsuccessful club nowhere near where you live is even more impressive than following your local team.

Archived