IGNORED

Danny Crowley

GrahamC

Manager of Lincoln City, who are beating Brighton at present, have been already knocked Ipswich out and are currently top of the Conference.

Last season whilst still a PE teacher he was managing Braintree Town, who had the third smallest budget in their league but finished in a play off position to come into the football league.

I'm not suggesting that he should be our next manager, but let's not have any more nonsense about there being no-one out there who couldn't do a better job..

5 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Manager of Lincoln City, who are beating Brighton at present, have been already knocked Ipswich out and are currently top of the Conference.

Last season whilst still a PE teacher he was managing Braintree Town, who had the third smallest budget in their league but finished in a play off position to come into the football league.

I'm not suggesting that he should be our next manager, but let's not have any more nonsense about there being no-one out there who couldn't do a better job..

I'd settle for Danny Baker!

43 minutes ago, brizzlelou said:

I'd settle for Danny Baker!

In our current state, we really need Aleister Crowley

Aleister Crowley (/ˈkrli/; born Edward Alexander Crowley; 12 October 1875 – 1 December 1947) was an English occultistceremonial magicianpoetpainternovelist, and mountaineer. He founded the religion of Thelema, identifying himself as the prophet entrusted with guiding humanity into the Æon of Horus 

40 minutes ago, bearded_red said:

‪Non-League Lincoln have beaten more Championship teams in 2 games than we have in 13.‬

Another thing much more embarrassing than some bloke with too much time on his hands, some red paint a few spare bed sheets.

It's even more depressing than that..they drew at Ipswich and beat Brighton at home. We failed to do both!

None of these games are shocks anymore if managers continue to play ridiculously weakened sides. TBF, you'd be surprised if teams like Wolves didn't beat Central League sides, and so it goes right the way through the ties! How representative were Newcastle, Spurs and BHA today (I'm asking that because I honestly don't know) ?

14 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

None of these games are shocks anymore if managers continue to play ridiculously weakened sides. TBF, you'd be surprised if teams like Wolves didn't beat Central League sides, and so it goes right the way through the ties! How representative were Newcastle, Spurs and BHA today (I'm asking that because I honestly don't know) ?

Newcastle nine changes 

1 hour ago, slartibartfast said:

You're spot on. The lower league players are usually their regulars who are up to game speed whereas the bigger clubs throw in squad players and youth who aren't used to the speed of the game. What really gets me is Liverpool fielding a weakened team against a championship side. Championship teams are spending big money on quality players(open to jokes about us I guess). Point is, if you want the trophy you need to play your first team no matter what. Maybe blood a youngster and get a start for a usual sub but you can't make 8-9 changes and expect to beat a side who's played 30 games in a row together. 

5 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

You're spot on. The lower league players are usually their regulars who are up to game speed whereas the bigger clubs throw in squad players and youth who aren't used to the speed of the game. What really gets me is Liverpool fielding a weakened team against a championship side. Championship teams are spending big money on quality players(open to jokes about us I guess). Point is, if you want the trophy you need to play your first team no matter what. Maybe blood a youngster and get a start for a usual sub but you can't make 8-9 changes and expect to beat a side who's played 30 games in a row together. 

Well at least Burnley didn't have to worry about that then....

6 hours ago, Spoons said:

Danny Crowley has potential but IMO we need a manger who has been there and done it at this level , including getting teams promoted!

Yep, but when people suggest managers who have done just that, they get shouted down - e.g. Pearson, Warnock, Pardew.

And you suggested in the 'Nigel Adkins' thread on here recently that people who think Pardew would come here are delusional. You called it 'laughable.'

So you can't have it both ways. You don't want a manager with potential, you want one who is proven at this level with a track record of getting promoted to the premier league. Yet when one is suggested who matches your 'requirements' you laugh off posters as delusional....strange...

10 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Yep, but when people suggest managers who have done just that, they get shouted down - e.g. Pearson, Warnock, Pardew.

And you suggested in another thread on here recently that people who think Pardew would come here are delusional.

So you can't have it both ways. You don't want a manager with potential, you want one who is proven at this level with a track record of getting promoted to the premier league. Yet when one is suggested who matches your 'requirements' you laugh off posters as 'delusional'....strange...

I stick by the fact pardew is out of our league, although I would have him in a heartbeat. Nigel Pearson maybe could be persuaded? He was my choice before LJ. 

This is not relevant really as LJ is our manger and Probaly will be for the forseable future.

3 minutes ago, Spoons said:

I stick by the fact pardew is out of our league, although I would have him in a heartbeat. Nigel Pearson maybe could be persuaded? He was my choice before LJ. 

This is not relevant really as LJ is our manger and Probaly will be for the forseable future.

I don't think he will be if we lose the next 2 home games. Perhaps even if we only get 1 point if we turn in two awful performances and fans turn on the team/management at the game.

Archived