IGNORED

Ok we're out of the FA Cup

Charlie BCFC

Last time I was at Turf Moor we rode our luck but Vasko's goal got us the points and on we went to the play-off final...

...the fortunes of City and Burnley since then suggest that they're a rather well run club...and we're something else. 

Did I expect a win?...not under the current manager...but then I doubt that supporters of Oxford or Lincoln or Wolves expected wins...

21 minutes ago, Akira said:

How can you be pleased with a loss? Never understand that point of view. Look at the results around today, why should we be pleased we only lost by 2 goals?! 

Spot on and against a far from full strength Burnley - sums up a lot of our support who are too easily pleased - must be the same disease Lansdown has...

23 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Was about half a reserve side tbh. 

Red Exile you are right, they do seem well run- but Turf Moor is nothing like Ashton Gate, do they have all the off the field revenue potential of us? Absolutely not.

So what we have to do to be a yo yo club between the prem and the Championship is not have all our off field revenue. I will e mail SL immediately and tell him where he is going wrong.

1 minute ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

So what we have to do to be a yo yo club between the prem and the Championship is not have all our off field revenue. I will e mail SL immediately and tell him where he is going wrong.

Who the hell knows- they are just a better run club it seems, **** know s what we have to do- maybe we are in a better long term position, but football is sometimes inexplicable. There are lots of clubs at this level with better off field infrastructure and the like than Burnley, they are perhaps just an outlier.

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

Very few of us thought that City would get a result at Turf Moor so losing 2-0 is acceptable, at least to me.

Foregt it and concentrate on Tuesday night.

Normally I would agree with this but the 2 goals conceded were both same old same old, one thing is for sure if we do not manage the highlighted portion then we will lose.

2 hours ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Bit of an overreaction there?  I suppose you know the players' 'correct positions', do you?  2-0 to a premiership team is no disgrace.  Do you blame Lee Johnston for Duric missing a point-blank header in the first half?  When are these players going to step up?

Remind me again who signed 18 of these players who need to "step up"?

4 hours ago, Flint says No said:

But would've taken a 2-0 loss when I saw the line ups I guess what I'm saying is I have no critiscism for this game as Burnley are a premier league side at the end of the day. 

Although not expecting a win it might have been nice to give them a fright  or run them close. 

2 hours ago, Sepp Blatter said:

Sorry, I forgot about that historical victory against the world famous Fleetwood. 

Fair enough, so did you think this was the third round of the Cup today?!

And even if it was 'nine games without a win' - it wouldn't be 'record breaking' as you put it, Gary Johnson oversaw nine defeats in a row in his time here....

8 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Was about half a reserve side tbh. 

Red Exile you are right, they do seem well run- but Turf Moor is nothing like Ashton Gate, do they have all the off the field revenue potential of us? Absolutely not.

Do they need it when they are pulling in all that TV money and parachute payments? The potential we have is a pittance in comparison!

11 hours ago, Flint says No said:

Seeya then

See ya then? That the best you can come up with? You happy with this shite that's served up at the moment then are you? 

Ahhh, I get it. You're a super fan, apologies. 

Burnley weren't a full strength team. When Bournemouth got knocked out recently, they fielded their reserves pretty much. Would you still class that team as 'premier league'? 

These so called' bigger teams' rest a lot of their players now for cup games, therefore these teams are there for the taking, not for us to just be in awe of their league status and roll over. 

14 hours ago, Flint says No said:

Because we gave it our all and shows we can challenge the teams in the top half of the championship table.

You have to be as weak as some of the players with this......and "we just have to believe"...has to be amongst the most spineless,purile,mentally void,meaningless and wan approach I have read on here of late-so well done for that.

You could apply to ML for the position of LJ's 'post match assessment' scribe with this-plus a nice sideliner for the 'goodbye address.

14 hours ago, Robbored said:

Very few of us thought that City would get a result at Turf Moor so losing 2-0 is acceptable, at least to me.

Foregt it and concentrate on Tuesday night.

Agree,move on to the real stuff..but acceptable??...yet again suicidal defending gift wrapping the first goal for the opposing side??..I think not.

7 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

And even if it was 'nine games without a win' - it wouldn't be 'record breaking' as you put it, Gary Johnson oversaw nine defeats in a row in his time here....

Not a particularly reassuring statistic though, is it?

It's pretty clear our beating Fleetwood did naff all to boost the team, as we went away to another Championship team in poor form and beat our record of league losses, and it's quite possible the run we are on now could extend against Wednesday.

People can have as much faith in LJ as they want, but seems a little odd people are taking umbrage and rapidl correcting posters over the fact we beat Fleetwood, when in the broader context, all it has really done is delay a tricky league game away to Villa so it falls in the middle of a bunch of other tricky away games.

We're deep in it, and beating Fleetwood to set up a loss to an under-strength Burnley side hardly qualifies as worth talking up right now.

4 hours ago, samo II said:

Not a particularly reassuring statistic though, is it?

It's pretty clear our beating Fleetwood did naff all to boost the team, as we went away to another Championship team in poor form and beat our record of league losses, and it's quite possible the run we are on now could extend against Wednesday.

People can have as much faith in LJ as they want, but seems a little odd people are taking umbrage and rapidl correcting posters over the fact we beat Fleetwood, when in the broader context, all it has really done is delay a tricky league game away to Villa so it falls in the middle of a bunch of other tricky away games.

We're deep in it, and beating Fleetwood to set up a loss to an under-strength Burnley side hardly qualifies as worth talking up right now.

Fair enough, but I wasn't bigging up our win away at Fleetwood, I was just correcting someone who said we haven't won for nine games. Just clinging to any tiny ray of hope at this dismal time!

Just now, BS4 on Tour... said:

Fair enough, but I wasn't bigging up our win away at Fleetwood, I was just correcting someone who said we haven't won for nine games. Just clinging to any tiny ray of hope at this dismal time!

I understand; just not sure there is any silver lining currently.

For the record, below is our record over the last 20 games in all competitions (so since 1 October/Forest at home);

20 games (17 league, 3 cup)
14 lost (13 league, 1 cup)
2 drawn (1 league, 1 cup)
4 won (3 league, 1 cup)

Goals for - 19 (18 league, 1 cup)
Goals against - 30 (28 league, 2 cup)

Scorers over that period;

Abraham x8
Wilbraham x3
Paterson x2
Tomlin x2
Freeman
O'Neil
Flint
Own Goal (Murphy, Cardiff)

So, there it is in black-and-white.  Not even scored a goal a game over that period, and of those who've found the net, just Flint, Abraham and (only recently) Paterson actually start for us regularly at the moment.

We're in dire, dire form.  

Ok , so we're out of the FA Cup, are poised above the relegation zone, can't buy a league point and the owner's fallen in love with a failing head coach but......................  ...................................  ............................ ............

...................  the ground looked good on Art Ninja today!   :thumbsup:

(Something there for the CBBC viewing mums and dads)

21 hours ago, Sepp Blatter said:

That's it, I am ******* fuming. FUMING. 

And before you say "do you expect to win against a premier league side", no, no I ******* don't, but what I do expect is a little bit of fight. What I do ******* expect is a squad to be ******* balanced when you've spent in the region of £10m. What I expect is players to be simply played in their correct position. I expect fight. I expect passion. I don't expect a record breaking 9 games without a win. For god sake, something needs to change. How can anyone still back this manager? I could literally scream. 

I can't stand it when posters sit on the fence.

On Saturday, January 28, 2017 at 17:05, LondonBristolian said:

I think the depressing thing for me is how indifferent I feel about today's result. That's party because we have to focus on the league but it's also because I'm becoming a bit numb with disappointment after defeat after defeat after defeat.

Burton won too so the table makes worrying reading...

I think the most scary thing for me is the complete apathy I felt about the whole outcome yesterday. Not even a hint of anger or exasperation.

On 1/29/2017 at 01:40, MarcusX said:

Do they need it when they are pulling in all that TV money and parachute payments? The potential we have is a pittance in comparison!

Well yes now but when we won  up there with Mr Vasko that could have been us, By resources and the like- and I know the game has changed a lot in the last 10 years- they should be a lower midtable Championship side. They are vastly overachieving, Bournemouth ditto.

Archived