IGNORED

Tuesday night

Super

3 hours ago, cynic said:

I honestly don't see why its a chore - really looking forward to the game, when there is a lot riding on a game the atmosphere (especially under the lights) goes up a notch, and I would say that the atmosphere will be overwhelmingly in support of LJ and his team.

If we get stuffed, that may change, but I'm confident he'll get great support at the start of the game.

I sincerely hope we win the next two if only to get a bit of breathing space before the next set of daunting away games.

Bring it on.

Where do you draw the line at unacceptable performance/results? Just....ONE....MORE...................GAME! 

Masochist  :whistle:

7 hours ago, GasDestroyer said:

After the Rotherham game IMO! He has to win that.

Because he is young, he has made some mistakes, most people do. But Rotherham will be the decider for me, as he has to learn from his mistakes. Even loyal supporters will lose faith if we lose that one.

Why is Rotherham the decider?  Why not Wednesday (Tuesday).  Or is that a free pass? 

8 hours ago, cynic said:

I'm obviously daft as well as I think we will win as well - and follow it up with a win against Rotherham.

I went to two supermarkets this morning and for the life of me could not find any of your 'dream world' juice.

7 hours ago, CotswoldRed said:

He's made so many choices and changes I doubt even he has a clue which ones have worked or why. 

Apparently he was partial to the Rubic Cube as a snotty nosed teenager which suggests he might have a cunning plan how to extricate City and himself from a slippery sliding funnel into Division 3 oblivion.

2 hours ago, cityloyal473 said:

Why is Rotherham the decider?  Why not Wednesday (Tuesday).  Or is that a free pass? 

Seems to be for some.

Personally, I think we need to take something from the game, as other sides around us (Burton, Wigan, Blackburn) are picking up points from sides further up the league, so we cannot rely on just beating teams below us to stay up.

Wednesday are on a good run too; only two losses in their last eight (narrow losses to Brighton and Reading), have won four in that time, and also only conceded five goals.  Watched them against Brighton and they pushed all the way against what I believe is the best side in the league.  Only positive is they had a couple of players sent off, who I imagine miss our match with them.

With Wigan and Blackburn not playing that night there is no chance we'll fall into the relegation zone, but if we get nothing it might add motivation for both sides, as they could jump over us by winning their next matches, so it is little consolation really.

Worried it'll be another depressing evening.

16 minutes ago, The Horse With No Name said:

Actually Lincoln beat Brighton reserves, so not quite the same comparison.

And as someone pointed out earlier on; Lincoln have now drawn and won more games against Championship teams since Christmas than we have.

Second string sides or not; that's pretty embarrassing.  And also worrying when the same can be said for Rotherham, the team I think everyone here wil expect us to beat next weekend.

Can't see use winning, but want to see us giving it a right go by trying to take the game to them and attacking. Sounded like first half yesterday was better but we need to rediscover the inner belief form the start of the season that we can find a way back if we concede. If LJ tries to do a 10 men behind the ball and hope for some luck, the crowd will get very hostile to him.

Think we can accept loosing this one if we go down fighting and trying to play

1 hour ago, samo II said:

Seems to be for some.

Personally, I think we need to take something from the game, as other sides around us (Burton, Wigan, Blackburn) are picking up points from sides further up the league, so we cannot rely on just beating teams below us to stay up.

Wednesday are on a good run too; only two losses in their last eight (narrow losses to Brighton and Reading), have won four in that time, and also only conceded five goals.  Watched them against Brighton and they pushed all the way against what I believe is the best side in the league.  Only positive is they had a couple of players sent off, who I imagine miss our match with them.

With Wigan and Blackburn not playing that night there is no chance we'll fall into the relegation zone, but if we get nothing it might add motivation for both sides, as they could jump over us by winning their next matches, so it is little consolation really.

Worried it'll be another depressing evening.

The only positive I can think of is that they might come here taking us for granted .

We may be OK ( as long as they don't attack us) 

5 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

The only positive I can think of is that they might come here taking us for granted .

We may be OK ( as long as they don't attack us) 

Hopefully, but think a few sides pehaps have done that (thinking Reading), and yet we've still got nothing from them.

I'm more concerned that we've stopped scoring as many goals, or even generating decent chances anymore; was fair to say we we're at least giving sides a bloody nose before being beaten before are turn of the year; now we just try and hold out.

When you look at their attacking options, it's fairly terrifying.  I'd be pleased if we could break the run of losses with even a nil nil right now.

1 minute ago, billywedlock said:

I think you youngsters have not seen the best BCFC crowd moves to dump a boss. Apart from the famous "Dick's out" which caused a stir, the most notable for me will always be Russel Osman. He scored (player/manager) and when the announcer gave the scorers name, the whole ground booed. 

I actually think BCFC fans are great at supporting the team, and long may that last. Only a seriously bad defeat is likely to elicit a vocal action. These days City fans just seem go home early. 

That LJ is still at the club is astonishing, and now we have 2 games in 5 days that are probably going to define the season. If we lose both (which is doubtful ) there is no way even SL can continue this bizarre situation, but some crumbs , probably from Rotherham will extend the pain and death longer. 

A man can die but once. (Henry IV, Part 2)

I did enjoy the paper aeroplanes made from free programmes. 

5 hours ago, cityboy said:

Don't think I'm going to bother with this one. Midweek handed are a hassle for me to get to at the best of times thanks to work commitments and geography, but coupled with the dross I've been enduring recently, just not sure it's worth the effort.

Gave my card to a mate.

Archived