IGNORED

Flint and Johnson

Sir Colby-Tit

5 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

I think we all need to look at Flint and question his ongoing selection. He has been the one consistent member of our poor championship record since promotion.  

Ok, I'll have a go at this one.

Because both physically and metaphorically he is head and shoulders above anyone we have for that position?

He and Bobby seemed the only players yesterday that had any vocal presence on the pitch.

Flint organises the defense well and Reid needs Tomlin to play off.

I can see the selection/ formationproblems LJ has every week, although I'd play 4 5 1 with Tomlin playing just off Tammy and stick with it at least until Djuric looks fit and Engvall is reading the same book as everyone else, not to worry about page!!!!!!!!

27 minutes ago, YorkshireSection said:

He and Bobby seemed the only players yesterday that had any vocal presence on the pitch.

Flint organises the defense well and Reid needs Tomlin to play off.

I can see the selection/ formationproblems LJ has every week, although I'd play 4 5 1 with Tomlin playing just off Tammy and stick with it at least until Djuric looks fit and Engvall is reading the same book as everyone else, not to worry about page!!!!!!!!

I will always love Aden for what he helped City achieve in the League 1 double. No question.

However mate, I do not think he is quick and athletic enough for the Championship and is suspect in leading a defence that regularly concedes at key times. His own slowness of feet in reacting to an attack, his failure aerially to keep goals out and his own lack of headed goals in the championship are my reasons. People say he gives everything every game which is correct but like Gary Sprake is prone to commit the clanger that negates all his other efforts.

I'm pleased that he is giving orders but I suggest they are not working, are not convincing enough or whatever, especially when we are approaching the end of a half or the game. if he has worked on special strategies with Johnson (??) to prevent us conceding at those times (as we did yesterday) then they are failing.

By contrast, Norman Hunter had an unerring instinct about when it was imperative to boot the ball as far away as possible into the Stands to relieve pressure or run the clock down. Reid and Golbourne should have had a bellow from Aden to do just that yesterday on 44 minutes. Maybe they did and chose to ignore it?

Poor bloke has had a different defensive midfielder in front of him  every week, we've used 4 keepers, he's played in a back 3 and a back 4 and played with different RBs/RWbs ( 6!) different LBs/LWBs and apart from easing Hordur through his first half season in English football has also played with Heygeler, Wright, Moore and Ekstarnd at CB as well as Maggers. Whatever our problems are and have been,. Flint has not had the greatest assistance in doing what he does best!!!!!!!!

Flint has to come in question. I think he fools many into thinking he's decent standard. He's fooled me as well with his passion for the club, aerial ability in both boxes and throwing his body in front of crosses and shots but in all honesty, he's poor for this level. Not quick enough for one and he isn't the most clever defender either. He's fully committed but it catches him out often and when he doesn't win the ball(he does win it often but it's high risk) we get caught out. No more excuses for Flint really. He's been the one mainstay and we've struggled. Give me Wright and Mags in a back 4 over Flint and any other combination. Add Taylor Moore and Vyner to that and we are fine for centre halves. I also don't think he really organises the defense. Only thing I've seen him do is tell players to hold a line on goal kicks and free kicks. Any CB can do that. 

Now don't confuse all that for me blaming Flint for our poor run. He isn't but he needs to start taking some of the blame for our defensive record these past 2 years. 

2 hours ago, tinman85 said:

I think we all need to look at Flint and question his ongoing selection. He has been the one consistent member of our poor championship record since promotion.  

I posted on another thread that Flint could do with being rested. City have Wright and Hodur as capable CBs with Golbourne at LB and Vyner at RB.

I can't see LJ leaving him out tho.

To those who think Aden is a leader and organiser, I'd ask in this case why none of his three managers have made him captain?

In our current position, where he plays every game, and we need a leader, why is he not a captain?

IMO, he is a decent "head it kick it" centre back" but is in no way an organiser. I do think he does a decent job, but I also think he is tunnel vision to what's around him (re the run of errors earlier in the season, which were called by lack of awareness not lack of ability)

So, the question for LJ or whoever the new LJ is becomes - can you play a CB who plays well in himself, but as part of a team, may not be an asset as he isn't aware enough or able to manage/comm with others?

(Not slating AF. But it's a fair point that he's been the constant in a conceding defence and the management need to work out why)

I think that most of the back four or threes problems this year has stemmed from the goalkeeper.We have one who's a great one on one shot stopper but awful in his command of his area. He is the one that should be clearing players out to take the ball and not constantly leaving it for a defender to clear it.The other has now left the club but his confidence was shot and he went from being decent to a bag of nerves everytime the ball came near him.I very rarely hear FF screaming at defenders to clear it and this is what causes all the indecisiveness of players in front of him.Perhaps now we have a new keeper we may begin to see all the back four playing with a confidence that has been badly lacking from the last few months.

6 hours ago, Chairman Mao said:

Aden Flint has been awful this season, don't get the love in for him here, how many games in a row have we conceded now, stupid errors vs. Rotherham, Wolves etcs. 

He hasn't been awful has he?  He's had some poor games, he's made some mistakes, but he's also had some good games too.

1 minute ago, Robin1988 said:

A friend is a Burnley fan who thought Flint was our best player yesterday. Then again it could be like when SOD got told by the Shrewsbury manager how good we were.

No no no, he thought Flint was THEIR best player.

9 minutes ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

Yes we shall be the two members of the ,AFAS,

That's the Aden flint appreciation society for those that had not worked it out already.

So many haters for him on here . Dissaponted as far worse than him in our team . God loves a tryer 

lets be honest.

there all poor when you've been on a run like this, that's why were on the run we are.

we allways sounded pretty good earlier on the season but it really sounds pretty flat and dreadful at the moment.

its got to be coaching or managing.

it really did start when holden was appointed, coincidence maybe.

Archived