IGNORED

Holloway's comments on Freeman

headhunter

Holloway said on the move: “I’ve been a great admirer of Luke and his creativity is something we’ll really feel the benefits of.

“He can play in three or four positions too, which is really beneficial for us.

“I think he’s a leader on the pitch too because of the way he always wants the ball – and I think QPR fans will love him for that because he will wear the Hooped shirt with pride.

“For me, he ticks all the boxes in terms of what I want. He’ll give QPR absolutely everything.”

Personally I've never viewed Luke as a leader, wasn't aware of his versatility [3-4 positions - really?!!], and as for creativity at Championship level .... sadly lacking I'm afraid.

Good luck Luke, thanks for the memories of your first season here.

Hollaway may just have done a great piece of business for QPR. Freeman and Smith were very effective in the promotion season. Who would have thought we would sell Freeman for £300 k after his performances in that season. Not me . Something has gone badly wrong at the Gate in the past 2 seasons when perhaps our most outstanding performer 2 seasons ago is so ineffective in the Championship. Dare I say , played out of position and not playing in a settled formation.  Hollaway  may just give him the confidence and freedom to reproduce that form and be once again the creative player we all admired.

We shall see, he is only 24 and the best years should be ahead of him. 

16 minutes ago, Marlborough Red said:

Hollaway may just have done a great piece of business for QPR. Freeman and Smith were very effective in the promotion season. Who would have thought we would sell Freeman for £300 k after his performances in that season. Not me . Something has gone badly wrong at the Gate in the past 2 seasons when perhaps our most outstanding performer 2 seasons ago is so ineffective in the Championship. Dare I say , played out of position and not playing in a settled formation.  Hollaway  may just give him the confidence and freedom to reproduce that form and be once again the creative player we all admired.

Freemans decision making is painfully slow, in the Championship he's been 'found out'. If you watch this you can see how much time he has to make the pass/cross/dribble in L1 creating a 'false illusion' of his quality, imo. Championship players don't sit off of him, they hound him in to a corner & make him turn around and go backwards.

43 minutes ago, headhunter said:

Holloway said on the move: “I’ve been a great admirer of Luke and his creativity is something we’ll really feel the benefits of.

“He can play in three or four positions too, which is really beneficial for us.

“I think he’s a leader on the pitch too because of the way he always wants the ball – and I think QPR fans will love him for that because he will wear the Hooped shirt with pride.

“For me, he ticks all the boxes in terms of what I want. He’ll give QPR absolutely everything.”

Personally I've never viewed Luke as a leader, wasn't aware of his versatility [3-4 positions - really?!!], and as for creativity at Championship level .... sadly lacking I'm afraid.

Good luck Luke, thanks for the memories of your first season here.

Watch him go on to be fantastic now! Our luck. It's the city way.

1000 posts :trumpet:

I wish hI'm no ill will, but he has been absolutely hopeless at this level, despite being mesmerising in league 1. People talk about time and space but for me it's the corners that say it all.

How can you take the deadliest corners I've seen in a long time one year, to the worst you'll see the next? It's the same set piece at any level!

21 minutes ago, Griffin said:

Freemans decision making is painfully slow, in the Championship he's been 'found out'. If you watch this you can see how much time he has to make the pass/cross/dribble in L1 creating a 'false illusion' of his quality, imo. Championship players don't sit off of him, they hound him in to a corner & make him turn around and go backwards.

4 goals, 2 open play assists, 3 set piece assists and 7 with no end product at all.

On his best highlights reel?

Sums him right up.

1 hour ago, Marlborough Red said:

Nor me, we've robbed them.

10 minutes ago, TheCulturalBomb said:

Not going to say a thing about him leaving considering the way it has gone for Cunningham and Ayling. 2 players OTIB were relatively happy to see go. 

1 hour ago, Marlborough Red said:

Both of these posts are spot on...................will we ever learn :no:

Freeman will never be a Championship standard winger, but given the right formation and team mates could make it as an attacking midfield player. I hope he does . Was also very sorry to see Ayling leave as I regarded extremely highly as a footballer. Still what do I know . I've only played and watched the game for 45 years .

Flattered to deceive in the Championship. Not the fastest either. Too keen to beat the same man more than once rather than getting past and getting in a cross. Not helped as a left footer being played on the right more often than not.

As for all the bitterness I don't quite get it. Played well and helped get us promotion & win the Tin Pit Trophy. 

As it is we get £300k for a player who hasn't really proven himself at this level and has only 6 months on his contract. Yes he refused to play at Burnley but this move has been hanging around for a while, and we just needed to get it done.

I see it as a win-win as Freeman gets to continue playing at this level which is a step up from where he joined us, and in all likelihood will still be in the Championship when many of his former team mates no longer are. Plus some extra fees & money for his wallet. We get some money for a player who could have walked away for nothing at the end of the season.

Forget how young he still is.

Anyone ever considered that maybe his apparent lack of progress with us and struggle to step up to the championship to a consistent standard is quite possibly more down to the coaching than anything else?

No doubt his ability and now maybe someone will get more out of him but unfortunately that won't be for us!

8 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Forget how young he still is.

Anyone ever considered that maybe his apparent lack of progress with us and struggle to step up to the championship to a consistent standard is quite possibly more down to the coaching than anything else?

No doubt his ability and now maybe someone will get more out of him but unfortunately that won't be for us!

This.

Freeman has moments when reliant on pure instinct he can be a very good player - he merely did so too little, i.e. his goal vs Ipswich which he slammed home top corner. A good coach can hopefully get it out of him, no denying his work rate.

And so
Farewell
Dill the Dog
Your mazy runs
Into a dead end position
Eye on the ball at your feet
Missing the runs of your forwards
Speed of thought
Not quick enough to find that killer pass
Finding space in the box
Not finding a good first touch
Baring down on goal