IGNORED

Holloway's comments on Freeman

headhunter

1 hour ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Forget how young he still is.

Anyone ever considered that maybe his apparent lack of progress with us and struggle to step up to the championship to a consistent standard is quite possibly more down to the coaching than anything else?

No doubt his ability and now maybe someone will get more out of him but unfortunately that won't be for us!

maxresdefault.jpg

Ooh, Freeman Friend!

51 minutes ago, Griffin said:

A season and half then, as if it makes any difference.

It makes loads of difference when the past god knows how many months, he has had the square root of f*** all to aim for!

We could have had Beckham in his prime and still not created anything. One up top, no one gets forward, no one moves.

People keep ripping into Freeman but how many other players have been putting in first time crosses or setting up goals?

He's certainly not a Championship natural but the problems everyone refer to are endemic in the team, not just the player.

Jamie Paterson is better than Luke at scoring and creating, Luke is better at the other stuff - the stuff coaches like when things aren't going well: busyness, industry, commitment, tracking back etc.

Paterson is the better (attacking) player - 15 league goals in 89 appearances; 24 goals in total at 3 Championship clubs - it is down to his coach to coax this out of him. Get him producing his best again. 

30 minutes ago, Griffin said:

CAN'T EDIT BUT 2 GOALS AND 0 ASSISTS IN 1205 MINUTES OF FOOTBALL LAST SEASON.

I can't tell anymore with the stats because I've been calling BS on the # of chances we're supposed to be creating this season, but with that said, I don't know where you get those from.

The stat line for Freeman for last season says 3110 minutes of football, 6 assists (2nd only to Joe Bryan), 54 key passes (best), 71 shots (2nd only to Kodjia). Make of that what you will.

Incidentally this season he's supposed to have had 28 shots already, of which 11 were blocked and didn't even reach goal. These are the sorts of numbers that inflate our chances stat.

4 hours ago, headhunter said:

Holloway said on the move: “I’ve been a great admirer of Luke and his creativity is something we’ll really feel the benefits of.

“He can play in three or four positions too, which is really beneficial for us.

“I think he’s a leader on the pitch too because of the way he always wants the ball – and I think QPR fans will love him for that because he will wear the Hooped shirt with pride.

“For me, he ticks all the boxes in terms of what I want. He’ll give QPR absolutely everything.”

Personally I've never viewed Luke as a leader, wasn't aware of his versatility [3-4 positions - really?!!], and as for creativity at Championship level .... sadly lacking I'm afraid.

Good luck Luke, thanks for the memories of your first season here.

Olly on a windup as always. ***** 

Archived