IGNORED

Fans today

Hartcliffe red

21 minutes ago, lenred said:

You said this......

''Well done to the less than twenty percent who don't want a change of manager we really drowned out the more than eighty percent we keep hearing on here want rid. Infact I didn't hear a peep out of that angry majority all game'' 

I don't see where you are referring to a 'very small percentage'. Just to the so called 80%. Maybe you need to work on your sarcasm?

In other words everyone was behind the team. Obviously twenty percent did not drown out eighty percent. I was being sarcastic. Obviously I do need to work on the use of that tool as it failed to register with you. 

Look, lenred, I am very sorry I chose to have a pop at these people in such a fashion. I didn't realise my words would be scrutinized by yourself so avidly and a sarcasm meter applied. You say you don't see where I was referring to the very small percentage, but it was this very small percentage that advocated demonstrations because supposedly more than eighty percent wanted LJ out. That was why I sarcastically referred to the eighty percent figure!

Once again I am very sorry I ever posted my comment on this. 

Couldn't go last night but good to hear the fans were behind the team. 

City supporters take a lot of stick (on this forum!) but we aren't a bad bunch. Just proves that having a negative opinion of the manager (I include myself firmly in that camp) doesn't automatically make you a bad fan and many people vent their frustrations on here but do their best to get behind the team at the games. We all want the same thing don't we?

13 hours ago, handsofclay said:

Well done to the less than twenty percent who don't want a change of manager we really drowned out the more than eighty percent we keep hearing on here want rid. Infact I didn't hear a peep out of that angry majority all game!

I would like to withdraw this statement as it doesn't meet with lenred's approval. Please replace with this statement instead:

Well done to the sixteen thousand City fans who really got behind our team and drowned out the very, very, very small percentage of those who wished to demonstrate that our manager should be replaced erroneously believing they had the support of more than eighty percent of City fans. Do you know what, I didn't hear a peep out of that angry miniscule minority all game!

I hope that now meets with your approval lenred, and you will now get off my back (and back onto LJ's).

Majority around me are happy to say they want to see the back of him. But more importantly they are at the ground to support the team and hope for a win.

It was an entertaining game, but we lack organised purpose and when not in possession drop off the opposition giving them far to much time and space. And we defend too narrowly. Still at least we didn't lose!

28 minutes ago, Frenchay Red said:

Majority around me are happy to say they want to see the back of him. But more importantly they are at the ground to support the team and hope for a win.

It was an entertaining game, but we lack organised purpose and when not in possession drop off the opposition giving them far to much time and space. And we defend too narrowly. Still at least we didn't lose!

It's a funny one. I too am in the 'Johnson Out' camp as I believe his tactics and substitutions as Manager have cost us on multiple occasions. That said, you go down the Gate wanting the team to win, so a weird one really.

4 minutes ago, SARJ said:

It's a funny one. I too am in the 'Johnson Out' camp as I believe his tactics and substitutions as Manager have cost us on multiple occasions. That said, you go down the Gate wanting the team to win, so a weird one really.

I think most would wish him to be a success here, and despite some of the crap he comes out with, no one could accuse him of not being enthusiastic and likable.

But enthusiasm and popularity is no substitute for ability, and I'm not convinced he has it. 

58 minutes ago, handsofclay said:

I would like to withdraw this statement as it doesn't meet with lenred's approval. Please replace with this statement instead:

Well done to the sixteen thousand City fans who really got behind our team and drowned out the very, very, very small percentage of those who wished to demonstrate that our manager should be replaced erroneously believing they had the support of more than eighty percent of City fans. Do you know what, I didn't hear a peep out of that angry miniscule minority all game!

I hope that now meets with your approval lenred, and you will now get off my back (and back onto LJ's).

I responded to a comment of yours and you can't handle a reasoned debate about it? Getting on your back? Grow up and get over yourself. Pretty sad really.

And fyi I have not and never will boo LJ or get on his back, but until such time as he turns this horrendous run of form around (and a home draw does not constitute that as it stands) I will advocate that we replace him. I sincerely hope he proves me wrong as that would mean that our team start winning. But whether they do or not they will have my full and passionate  support. Hopefully that situation registers with you.

10 minutes ago, Frenchay Red said:

I think most would wish him to be a success here, and despite some of the crap he comes out with, no one could accuse him of not being enthusiastic and likable.

But enthusiasm and popularity is no substitute for ability, and I'm not convinced he has it. 

47 minutes ago, Frenchay Red said:

I recall when Joe Jordan was apparently one defeat away from the sack against Huddersfield and I wanted Jordan out, but was delighted that we won that match 6-1. At the end of the day I am well aware that the majority of outers love Bristol City and would love to be proved wrong by LJ getting results that propel us up the table and maybe in time into the Premier League, just as I was so happy to be proved wrong by Joe Jordan.

11 minutes ago, lenred said:

I responded to a comment of yours and you can't handle a reasoned debate about it? Getting on your back? Grow up and get over yourself. Pretty sad really.

And fyi I have not and never will boo LJ or get on his back, but until such time as he turns this horrendous run of form around (and a home draw does not constitute that as it stands) I will advocate that we replace him. I sincerely hope he proves me wrong as that would mean that our team start winning. But whether they do or not they will have my full and passionate  support. Hopefully that situation registers with you.

If somebody advocated that you get the sack and point out that something positive that has occurred to halt a run of poor form isn't positive and you should still get the sack I think you would be excused for saying that you think that person is on your back. You have the perfect right to express your view on this subject and, as I have said plenty of times elsewhere, I have acknowledged that those who want Johnson out love Bristol City. So why do you keep making sarcastic comments, which I at least understand to be sarcasm, about hoping the situation registers with me? At risk of repeating myself ad infinitum I have said plenty of times in previous posts that supporters who want LJ out love Bristol City. So why keep suggesting that I don't understand that when the evidence is there, before today, that I do?

I changed my initial post on this subject to remove the sarcasm so that you could understand what I was getting at. You are the one who accuses me, among other things, of needing to grow up, being pretty sad, wanting to divide the fans and having an agenda. I will handle a reasoned debate when I am presented with one. What I will not countenance is words and feelings being put into my mouth that don't exist. 

You simply misconstrued my first post on this topic and seen things in it that weren't there. I have explained my post and what was meant by it, surely had I meant anything you imply I was meaning I would not be explaining it at all but would be adding further argument to back it up. Maybe I should have thought in advance that not everyone would understand the sarcasm and maybe could misconstrue it. So I have brought this upon myself. I will no longer reply to anything you write unless it is to reach some sort of understanding on this issue. This must be boring the pants off of otibers and I don't wish to prolong their, or my, agony any further. 

4 minutes ago, handsofclay said:

If somebody advocated that you get the sack and point out that something positive that has occurred to halt a run of poor form isn't positive and you should still get the sack I think you would be excused for saying that you think that person is on your back. You have the perfect right to express your view on this subject and, as I have said plenty of times elsewhere, I have acknowledged that those who want Johnson out love Bristol City. So why do you keep making sarcastic comments, which I at least understand to be sarcasm, about hoping the situation registers with me? At risk of repeating myself ad infinitum I have said plenty of times in previous posts that supporters who want LJ out love Bristol City. So why keep suggesting that I don't understand that when the evidence is there, before today, that I do?

I changed my initial post on this subject to remove the sarcasm so that you could understand what I was getting at. You are the one who accuses me, among other things, of needing to grow up, being pretty sad, wanting to divide the fans and having an agenda. I will handle a reasoned debate when I am presented with one. What I will not countenance is words and feelings being put into my mouth that don't exist. 

You simply misconstrued my first post on this topic and seen things in it that weren't there. I have explained my post and what was meant by it, surely had I meant anything you imply I was meaning I would not be explaining it at all but would be adding further argument to back it up. Maybe I should have thought in advance that not everyone would understand the sarcasm and maybe could misconstrue it. So I have brought this upon myself. I will no longer reply to anything you write unless it is to reach some sort of understanding on this issue. This must be boring the pants off of otibers and I don't wish to prolong their, or my, agony any further. 

Agreed HoC. Let's agree to disagree and leave it at that.  Apologies also if my replies were misconstrued by you. Just defending a right to a different point of view. But we all love the same club and essentially want the same thing. Just maybe have different thoughts on how we get there. Cheers

3 hours ago, Northern Red said:

Aye, always travel in good numbers and make a fair bit of noise. 1400 on a Tuesday night in the middle of the season is a tremendous effort. 

It is worth reminding ourselves what a "great" club Wednesday are, so that we don't feel ashamed of our own rather more modest support/away support.

Champions of England x4    Runners up x2   They finished 3rd in top flight as recently as 1992.

FA Cup winners x3    Finalists x6   Semi finalists x15 times!  

Seasons of top flight football x66

Seasons of third tier football/ years spent dawdling in L1 not beating Gillingham and Walsall x9

League Cup winners x1  Finalists x2

Wednesday have played in Europe

Tin pot paint pot bloody finals xzero

Great players people outside of Sheffield have heard of  x plenty

Celeb fans featured on Spitting Image x at least one

Truly, we are not in the same league as Sheffield Wednesday as a club. That support of their's doesn't come out of nowhere, or out of a history like ours with 2 short top flight visits, a losing FA Cup final 100plus years ago and 45 years dawdling in the third tier, toiling to beat or not lose to Gillingham, Walsall and now Fleetwood.

I like to think if you swapped the "traditions" or the success on the field, we would have a support something like their's (although you wouldn't bet on it, knowing the Bristol bloody public like we do......)

6 hours ago, handsofclay said:

I have no quibble with that at all and have stated elsewhere that even those who want Johnson out love Bristol City and are hurting. You are missing the point I am making. I shall spell it out again. People came on here last week stating that they were very upset about SL's decision to back the manager. They then used the fact eighty percent were supposedly in favour of his removal to advocate various actions disruptive to the team and rather hoped that the supposed eighty percent they thought were like minded would support them in this endeavour. I simply used sarcasm as a means to show that what they were advocating failed to materialise. 

Seeing that you weren't a constituent of this very, very, very small percentage I was having a pop at why are you getting so uppity? I am very sorry I said anything now and will guard what I state on here with more caution in future. 

It may have been different had we lost, as we played ok it would have looked a bit silly to protest, it hasn't gone away though.

Even the most cynical of fans would have struggled to boo much last night. Sheff Weds showed most managers make tactical errors [their forum is furious and they are near the play-offs] but that because you never know how it will pan out. I don't think it changes the significant number of people who believe we might have a better chance of survival with a new manager.

Archived