IGNORED

Fans today

Hartcliffe red

51 minutes ago, Offside said:

The crowd was very supportive of the team tonight. No mutterings of discontent towards LJ that I was aware of in the South Stand.

Had to laugh at one moment behind me, someone shouted 'f*** sake Johnson, change it up!' ... literally as Djuric was stood ready to come on.. :laugh:

Very good atmosphere tonight, probably even better than it was against Cardiff and I thought that was decent. Hoping we can turn it up a notch on Saturday and get the win! Let's make Ashton Gate a Fortress like it use to be..it makes a huge difference for the lads on the pitch!

Roll on Saturday! 

COYR!

1 hour ago, deadredfred said:

First time I've been down for a little while tonight, and I have to say that there is absolutely zero signs of all this so-called discontent from anyone. You would have no idea as an outsider that there is any issue or agenda against LJ at the moment. Atmosphere decent and encouraging, Tomlin badge thumping and all the players applauding a decent turn out and a decent result. 

I'm not turning a blind eye to the obvious issues, but this could be the result to stop the rot. Onwards and upwards  

I think the fans were in a very jolly mood considering we just stole our rivals main player.

1 hour ago, Rob k said:

And this is the reason why people say this forum is not always a great representative of the whole fanbase and their views

Wouldn't quite agree with that, a lot of fans like myself who although not happy with the current run and management of the team still go to the match wanting to get behind the team and ultimately win. If you go there with the intention of booing the whole match even when we've just earnt a decent point are you really a true fan?

12 minutes ago, Aipearcey said:

Wouldn't quite agree with that, a lot of fans like myself who although not happy with the current run and management of the team still go to the match wanting to get behind the team and ultimately win. If you go there with the intention of booing the whole match even when we've just earnt a decent point are you really a true fan?

Acknowledge your point but I think the fact is at 2-1 just after half time that's a prime moment to overhear in front, behind or side-to-side a muttering of LJ has to go as part of a private convo than any outward objection. 

It would seem safe to suggest despite an 80% poll on this forum few heard that in the ground.

I am no knocker of this forum, see my post count - i can't get enough - but I absolutely do not think it is in any way representative of the regular attendees.

We have a number of regular posters, but a number are exiles and a number don't attend for other reasons. It's then a smaller proportion that attend. 

I am not saying there's a more reliable way to gauge fan opinion; I think there isn't. But I don't take this place as a barometer or reliable. And I don't think a straw poll of fans going in tonight would have been 80% in favour of sack - regardless that my vote would have been. 

There are a lot of fans who steer clear of here because of hyperbole, a lot who use other forums. Nonetheless I think the 'online' presence of fans is amplified by the same persons using different medium. The 'online silent' number however significantly outweigh the 'online active'. I think it's those who aren't represented online (viewers only or avoiders) that are the majority and frankly we have no way of gauging their views. 

To put it another way, sat in AG tonight, anyone ready to take SL to task about the majority of fans not behind LJ as he told us on TV... Otib might tell you something but if you were sat there tonight and had no knowledge of otib you're wager would've have been majority still support 

1 hour ago, handsofclay said:

Well done to the less than twenty percent who don't want a change of manager we really drowned out the more than eighty percent we keep hearing on here want rid. Infact I didn't hear a peep out of that angry majority all game!

Proof that all the Johnson out's (me included) really do back the club during hard times and actually want us to win contrary to what you say?

Just proves how pathetic you lot are really!!!

3 minutes ago, 'keepuplino' said:

Proof that all the Johnson out's (me included) really do back the club during hard times and actually want us to win contrary to what you say?

Or maybe proves that when everyone sticks together instead of spouting crap behind a keyboard we are actually better for it?

1 hour ago, 29AR said:

Sat in AG tonight, anyone ready to take SL to task about the majority of fans not behind LJ as he told us on TV... Otib might tell you something but if you were sat there tonight and had no knowledge of otib you're wager would've have been majority still support 

I think it's been posted in this thread about 25 times already, but claiming to know the opinion of fans based on the fact everyone got behind the team today, is really clutching at straws. As various others have said already, it shouldn't need to be some kind of revelation that those who have so far expressed concern with LJ do actually go to matches and put their all behind both he and the players. It's insulting for anyone to think otherwise. We all want the same results.

In respect to OTIB, my own unscientific sample today still says that most who are offline and non-OTIB are even more entrenched and direct in a negative view of the manager than we ever hear on here, so from personal experience I do not agree that this forum is somehow more knee jerk or negative. In any case it is ridiculous to draw that distinction simply because people criticise on here and support at Ashton Gate. The two have completely different purposes.

Great atmosphere last night,and just goes to prove that what ever people's feelings about LJ,we all want what's best for the club and that is ultimately to win games.So well done everyone,in's and outs,when the going gets tough the tough got going.

8 hours ago, 'keepuplino' said:

What, when a fair few of this supposed eighty percent plus were advocating various means to show their displeasure at last night's match to show our owner that the overwhelming majority of fans were against his decision to keep LJ as manager. 

Some of us who can see that despite a succession of narrow defeats we were heading in the right direction chose to continue to support the club throughout and not just during a game. It beggars belief that you say you back the club during hard times yet want the manager sacked!!!

My derision was mainly aimed at those who argued that more than eighty percent of City fans wanted Johnson out based on a poll on here. Judging by last night, in which we twice fell behind, and not a murmur of discontent was heard, I would suggest it is those deluded fools who are the pathetic ones for trying to big up that unrepresentative poll as a means to cause disruption to a project which, although it had come off the rails somewhat, was heading in the right direction.

I never said you weren't passionate about Bristol City all I have questioned is the eighty percent plus figure that those who advocate LJ's removal use on here. I have not experienced this in my dealings with City fans or at matches. For illustrating this, something designed to bring harmony to our club I am called pathetic and one of 'you lot'!

What, when a fair few of this supposed eighty percent plus were advocating various means to show their displeasure at last night's match to show our owner that the overwhelming majority of fans were against his decision to keep LJ as manager. 

Some of us who can see that despite a succession of narrow defeats we were heading in the right direction chose to continue to support the club throughout and not just during a game. It beggars belief that you say you back the club during hard times yet want the manager sacked!!!

My derision was mainly aimed at those who argued that more than eighty percent of City fans wanted Johnson out based on a poll on here. Judging by last night, in which we twice fell behind, and not a murmur of discontent was heard, I would suggest it is those deluded fools who are the pathetic ones for trying to big up that unrepresentative poll as a means to cause disruption to a project which, although it had come off the rails somewhat, was heading in the right direction.

I never said you weren't passionate about Bristol City all I have questioned is the eighty percent plus figure that those who advocate LJ's removal use on here. I have not experienced this in my dealings with City fans or at matches. For illustrating this, something designed to bring harmony to our club I am called pathetic and one of 'you lot'!

Your previous words;

''Well done to the less than twenty percent who don't want a change of manager we really drowned out the more than eighty percent we keep hearing on here want rid. Infact I didn't hear a peep out of that angry majority all game'' 

really do not strike me as something designed to bring unity to the club, they strike me as a quite open dig at people on this forum who dare to have a different opinion to you.  

43 minutes ago, lenred said:

Your previous words;

''Well done to the less than twenty percent who don't want a change of manager we really drowned out the more than eighty percent we keep hearing on here want rid. Infact I didn't hear a peep out of that angry majority all game'' 

really do not strike me as something designed to bring unity to the club, they strike me as a quite open dig at people on this forum who dare to have a different opinion to you.  

Then your sarcasm detector is defective. I was using sarcasm to illustrate that no such eighty percent exists! I have never said that it is wrong for someone to have a different opinion to me just that it is wrong to mislead. I haven't bandied about erroneous figures to support my argument. 

Judging by last night, in which we twice fell behind, and not a murmur of discontent was heard, I would suggest it is those deluded fools who are the pathetic ones for trying to big up that unrepresentative poll as a means to cause disruption to a project which, although it had come off the rails somewhat, was heading in the right direction.

I was at the match and I want LJ replaced.

I didn't 'murmur any discontent' when we went behind though.

My thoughts were on the moment and my focus was on supporting the team to get back in the game.

I would suggest it's pretty obvious the majority would not support a manager who is all too often unfathomable in his actions and who takes the team on such an horrendous losing run.

The polls just back this up.

Furthermore, it was some of this supposed eighty percent who were giving it large last week on here saying how they were going to demonstrate at last night's match to be displayed in a myriad of different ways from turning up eight minutes late, leaving eight minutes early, turning their backs on the game and also booing during the game. None of which manifested.

11 hours ago, BS3rich said:

Very good atmosphere tonight, probably even better than it was against Cardiff and I thought that was decent. Hoping we can turn it up a notch on Saturday and get the win! Let's make Ashton Gate a Fortress like it use to be..it makes a huge difference for the lads on the pitch!

Roll on Saturday! 

COYR!

The atmosphere was fantastic last night generated by the combination of the AG faithful, the Wednesday away support ( very impressive considering it was a mid week game and on a wet Tuesday) and the fact the lights were on.

I enjoyed the game and happy enough with the draw.

3 minutes ago, Robbored said:

The atmosphere was fantastic last night generated by the combination of the AG faithful, the Wednesday away support ( very impressive considering it was a mid week game and on a wet Tuesday) and the fact the lights were on.

I enjoyed the game and happy enough with the draw.

I think Wednesday's support is consistently one of the best we get at AG. Up there with Leeds for me.

9 minutes ago, handsofclay said:

Furthermore, it was some of this supposed eighty percent who were giving it large last week on here saying how they were going to demonstrate at last night's match to be displayed in a myriad of different ways from turning up eight minutes late, leaving eight minutes early, turning their backs on the game and also booing during the game. None of which manifested.

A very very very small percentage were suggesting that. But you know that already, just doesn't suit your argument. Why can't you get it that 99.999% of supporters want what's best for the team? And at the moment a large percentage of those supporters want a different manager but will support the team through thick and thin, regardless of results, the league we are in, and everything elseWhat's so hard to understand or accept about that point of view? 

15 minutes ago, lenred said:

A very very very small percentage were suggesting that. But you know that already, just doesn't suit your argument. Why can't you get it that 99.999% of supporters want what's best for the team? And at the moment a large percentage of those supporters want a different manager but will support the team through thick and thin, regardless of results, the league we are in, and everything elseWhat's so hard to understand or accept about that point of view? 

I have no quibble with that at all and have stated elsewhere that even those who want Johnson out love Bristol City and are hurting. You are missing the point I am making. I shall spell it out again. People came on here last week stating that they were very upset about SL's decision to back the manager. They then used the fact eighty percent were supposedly in favour of his removal to advocate various actions disruptive to the team and rather hoped that the supposed eighty percent they thought were like minded would support them in this endeavour. I simply used sarcasm as a means to show that what they were advocating failed to materialise. 

Seeing that you weren't a constituent of this very, very, very small percentage I was having a pop at why are you getting so uppity? I am very sorry I said anything now and will guard what I state on here with more caution in future. 

27 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Aye, always travel in good numbers and make a fair bit of noise. 1400 on a Tuesday night in the middle of the season is a tremendous effort. 

Yeah they're great - plenty of original songs too. Feels like genuine 'big club' support. Thinking about it, all the best away support in England stand all game.. funny that :chant6ez:

Wish we did that too, when our support are up for it and all stand (as happens occasionally) we are a match for most clubs atmosphere wise.

14 hours ago, WestonRobin said:

Support was great all things considered.

And the real positive was there was no sign of discontent.

Only bit noticed was when Tommo, who was clearly knackered on his feet and needed to come off, was subbed and there were a few idiots in S19 booing!  

13 minutes ago, handsofclay said:

I have no quibble with that at all and have stated elsewhere that even those who want Johnson out love Bristol City and are hurting. You are missing the point I am making. I shall spell it out again. People came on here last week stating that they were very upset about SL's decision to back the manager. They then used the fact eighty percent were supposedly in favour of his removal to advocate various actions disruptive to the team and rather hoped that the supposed eighty percent they thought were like minded would support them in this endeavour. I simply used sarcasm as a means to show that what they were advocating failed to materialise. 

Seeing that you weren't a constituent of this very, very, very small percentage I was having a pop at why are you getting so uppity? I am very sorry I said anything now and will guard what I state on here with more caution in future. 

You said this......

I don't see where you are referring to a 'very small percentage'. Just to the so called 80%. Maybe you need to work on your sarcasm?

11 hours ago, Aipearcey said:

Who did that?

18 minutes ago, handsofclay said:

Pretty simple really. allegedly 80% want LJ removed which in otib terms means a few hundred voters i'm guessing whereas a few posters were as I recall suggesting demos against him.

I wasn't aware of anyone at all advocating any actions that would be disruptive to our team.

I don't incidentally believe the situation has changed one bit after last night .

Archived