IGNORED

Team for Saturday

BCFC_Josh

Would you change the team from Tuesday or keep it the same? I would make two changes. I think O'Dowda was ineffective against Wednesday so Cotterill in. I would also include O'Neil, as his experience could be vital considering the importance of the game.

Giefer 

Little Flint Wright Golbourne

O'Neil Hegeler

Cotterill      Tomlin      Bryan

Tammy                 

Subs - Brownhill, Fielding, Duric, Pack, Vyner, Taylor and one of Paterson or O'Dowda

Giefer 

Little     Flint          Wright       Golbourne 

O'Neil      Hegeler 

Cotterill           Tomlin           Bryan

Abraham

Subs Fielding Magnusson Pack  Brownhill  Paterson  Taylor   Djuric

I have given up second guessing what team & formation LJ is going to pick. More likely to be correct with my lottery numbers. In fact at times I have thought that's how he picks the time - "Lucky Dip".

We need our strongest players playing & we need goals. On that basis, GON, Cotterill & Timlin all have to start, with Djuric coming off the bench to support Tammy with 25-30 mins to go, especially if we still need goals.

Only a win will do on Saturday, both for the club and LJ. I get the strong impression that he knows that too.

16 hours ago, Dr Balls said:

I have given up second guessing what team & formation LJ is going to pick. More likely to be correct with my lottery numbers. In fact at times I have thought that's how he picks the time - "Lucky Dip".

We need our strongest players playing & we need goals. On that basis, GON, Cotterill & Timlin all have to start, with Djuric coming off the bench to support Tammy with 25-30 mins to go, especially if we still need goals.

Only a win will do on Saturday, both for the club and LJ. I get the strong impression that he knows that too.

GON is not one of our strongest players. I would go as far as to say that since October he is one of our weakest. His misplacing of passes makes pack's passing ability look world class in comparison. 

7 minutes ago, JasonM88 said:

Hegeler and O'Neil in midfield really doesn't work. Anyone at Forest would realise that. Both good players but too similar. Brownhill or Reid needs to be in there with one of them

Wouldn't necessarily agree away because we need to sure up and catch teams on the break, but at home against a struggling team, yeah we should start With the same team as Saturday except Tomlin in the middle for Bryan and cotterill on the wing. 

15 minutes ago, JasonM88 said:

Hegeler and O'Neil in midfield really doesn't work. Anyone at Forest would realise that. Both good players but too similar. Brownhill or Reid needs to be in there with one of them

The problem with Brownhill, if he starts in central midfield, is that he runs out of steam by about 70 minutes. However LJ seems to ignore that. It did for us against both Reading & Cardiff, when he should have been subbed rather than being over run and not defending properly. If LJ starts him, I would have a plan to bring on some experience for the last 25 minutes or so, in other words sub him for GON.

2 minutes ago, Dr Balls said:

The problem with Brownhill, if he starts in central midfield, is that he runs out of steam by about 70 minutes. However LJ seems to ignore that. It did for us against both Reading & Cardiff, when he should have been subbed rather than being over run and not defending properly. If LJ starts him, I would have a plan to bring on some experience for the last 25 minutes or so, in other words sub him for GON.

Totally agree, he starts going too deep and standing off. It looks like he's blowing out his backside. Was off his man for cardiffs second and ok the ref didn't help but he still ran away from pilkington for the 3rd. Plus he did a kamikaze back heal just outside the box which nearly cost another. Should have been taken off after that. 

45 minutes ago, BS3rich said:

3-4-1-2 

Giefer

Wright

Flint

Magnusson 

Cotterill

Hegeler 

Brownhill 

Bryan 

Tomlin

Taylor/Djuric

Abraham

Who's Taylor..? Where did he come from..? 

Have I missed something..?

On ‎02‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 00:56, Healeyred96 said:

Giefer 

O'Neil      Hegeler 

Abraham

Brownhill instead of GON

On Bench: FF, Vyner, Magnusson, Reid, Taylor, Djuric, GON

9 hours ago, JasonM88 said:

I kind of agree but think Hegeler has it in him to play the midfielder who gets into the box. GON can play the defensive role.

On 02/02/2017 at 00:37, BCFC Josh said:

Would you change the team from Tuesday or keep it the same? I would make two changes. I think O'Dowda was ineffective against Wednesday so Cotterill in. I would also include O'Neil, as his experience could be vital considering the importance of the game.

Giefer 

O'Neil Hegeler

Cotterill      Tomlin      Bryan

Tammy                 

Subs - Brownhill, Fielding, Duric, Pack, Vyner, Taylor and one of Paterson or O'Dowda

Like that only maybe frankie for German lad in goal as the two games I've seen him in forest and Wednesday he has looked slightly dodge 

As per @Dr Balls comment, I'm not gonna predict the line-up.  LJ will have decisions to make though:

- Giefer or Fielding

- Little or Vyner (I'm sure he was worried about back to back games for Zak, especially against Wednesday, with the parallels of Brighton last season)

- whether to start Cotterill (presumably over O'Dowda - Joe although not playing great is getting into goalscoring positions of late)

- start Tomlin in behind Tammy 

On 02/02/2017 at 00:56, Healeyred96 said:

Giefer 

O'Neil      Hegeler 

Abraham

Is Little gonna be playing in the stand?

11 hours ago, redfieldred said:

GON is not one of our strongest players. I would go as far as to say that since October he is one of our weakest. His misplacing of passes makes pack's passing ability look world class in comparison. 

Ironic that you've picked on our two most successful passers of the ball in one post!

IMG_1634.png

2 hours ago, old_eastender said:

Giefer

Little/Vyner   Flint   Wright   Goldbourne

Cotterill    Hegeler    Bryan

Tomlin

Duric             Tammy

Taylor on the bench.

I so wish we had better than little and goldbourne

Giefer

Vyner   Flint  Wright  Magnusson

Hegeler

Cotterill                        Bryan 

Tomlin 

Abraham            Duric/Wilbs 

I think we'll see just the one change - Cotterill in for O'Dowda:

Giefer

Hegeler Brownhill

Cotterill Tomlin Bryan

Abraham

There's no reason to change too much after a positive performance on Tuesday. Although I'd prefer Vyner to Little and possibly Bryan at LB with O'Dowda in LW.

As longs as we don't play 3 at the back which we have proven to be shit at in this division I'm positive of 3 points

Archived