IGNORED

Academy pathway interview...

spudski

I like Brian.

Let's hope he'll develop some horrible, no prisoners, winners. 

Upturn in the U 23's looks promising. First time ever, I'm starting think The Academy may deliver and be worth the financial investment. Long time coming but 'on the rise'.

Tinman is such a gent.

A true legend at the club. The likes of him and Scotty are just content to serve City due to their love for the club, exactly the sort of people you want in the set-up. It's great to see it.

BT spoke very well, a really enjoyable interview.

1 minute ago, Barrs Court Red said:

Good watch that, and interesting take on explaining results too.

Absolutely. I think the armchair critics of our academy should take 10 minutes to watch this. I also like the fact that BT is so positive about the Channel Island links which many put down as a Lansdown vanity project.

2 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Absolutely. I think the armchair critics of our academy should take 10 minutes to watch this. I also like the fact that BT is so positive about the Channel Island links which many put down as a Lansdown vanity project.

I'll be honest, you could of put me in the "vanity project" group until seeing that.

49 minutes ago, Fiale said:

Wonder if we every will see a team made up of mostly academy products.. just imagine 5-6 of our own players in a competitive first team....

I'd love to see that happen.  Trouble is we finally seem to have some good young players at the same time we've started signing experienced ones like they are going out of fashion. Hopefully we can get the squad size down a bit next season and use these young players when needed - good to see Vyner get his chance the other day, hope that becomes a regular thing. 

Really good interview. The academy has always been something that will take a few years to be "worthwhile", and a lot of changes with personnel have been made previously.

It now seems that there is a focus on this group of players, and they are being properly managed. Tins spoke of the links being made, and the importance of getting the lads out on loan playing mens football. Max O' Leary and Zack Vyner being the two main names mentioned.

We need more stuff like this, it will be great when the website is bought back in house, and hopefully a lot more time is dedicated to the development squads.

20 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

We got 5 who could start Saturday, Bryan Reid vyiner goldborne and cotterll

I was going to say that would be brave, but then - is Vyner any worse than Little ?  Reid with Hegler in the middle, Golbourne and Bryan on the left and Cott's on the Right..... it could actually happen.... 

Good to hear some more positives from our club.

We've had a few soul destroying couple of months (with a few tricky ones ahead of us!) but overall as a club we are progressing.

That's the first time I've heard Brian talk for a while - I think I can hear a Bristol accent in there at times.  

Mind you, he must have been down here for 25 years - apart from his time in Spain.  

Blimey - how the years have flown by.

1 minute ago, RichardEdd said:

When did the academy start? If I remember correctly it was 1997 which mean the first group of kids to come all the way through the academy system are only now 20ish. So really this is the time to start judging the academy and it sounds like things are going well.

Surely it was years before that as carey, t doc, matty hill and loads of others were coming through then.

2 hours ago, Up The City! said:

I really did enjoy that.

Putting the defeats aside it does seem over the past 12 months or so this football club has really became a proper well organised football club with some very food foundations. 

Mmmmm.... food foundations :banana:

12 hours ago, Fiale said:

I was going to say that would be brave, but then - is Vyner any worse than Little ?  Reid with Hegler in the middle, Golbourne and Bryan on the left and Cott's on the Right..... it could actually happen.... 

Christ I hope not!

The answer to the question re Vyner is "yes, he is". Emergency cover only.  Reid is not in any way a defensive midfielder.  Golborne and Bryan have been anonymous as wingbacks,  if that's the suggestion for them.

16 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

For what reasons? We got the status originally with worse facilities than we have now and we are investing even more money. What have you heard? 

and is it LJ's fault?

4 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

For what reasons? We got the status originally with worse facilities than we have now and we are investing even more money. What have you heard? 

Nothing,

its based on facilities number of staff and investment, all of which have been increased significantly 

Archived