IGNORED

Taylor-rotherham

Rocking Red Cyril

3 minutes ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

So if the FA are looking into the Taylor signing are we allowed to play him on sat. ?

Of course, the last decision they are going to make is that we have to give him back. I think it will be thrown out as soon as they review it anyway, unless of course there is something we haven't been told (e.g. the buyout clause was not £300k, but we still matched whatever it was). 

The worst punishment they can apply is to make us close the top tier of the Lansdown Stand for a few matches and to play a preseason friendly with a couple of stands closed. Of course, the EFL, thanks to the media and social media, know we do that already and have known for months, just like we knew about Taylor's situation for months thanks to the media and social media etc. So the punishment will fit the crime.

I see the only person / people at fault are Taylor himself, his agent or Rovers.  They were the only parties who knew about the clause.  For City to have got the info, one of those must've blabbed.  Surely that's the black and white of it.

Assuming it was Taylor or his Agent, then you could reasonably expect Rovers to be unhappy and want to try and get some compensation....but not from City.  

I'm obviously no legal expert, but I can't see his City themselves have done anything wrong.  So any investigation must be between Rovers and Taylor/Agent.

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I see the only person / people at fault are Taylor himself, his agent or Rovers.  They were the only parties who knew about the clause.  For City to have got the info, one of those must've blabbed.  Surely that's the black and white of it.

Assuming it was Taylor or his Agent, then you could reasonably expect Rovers to be unhappy and want to try and get some compensation....but not from City.  

I'm obviously no legal expert, but I can't see his City themselves have done anything wrong.  So any investigation must be between Rovers and Taylor/Agent.

Agree as long as there is no rule saying you are not allowed to take advantage of "unlegal" information, meaning other information than given by the parent club.

3 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

If I had a release clause from WMP, I'd be telling all and sundry about it if it got me a better move. I surely can't see that it'd ever be confidential. 

By the way everyone I don't. Just a 28 days notice period. 

The point of it is that the release clause can be triggered hence public information.

19 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Yes. Even if they decided there was a breach of the confidentiality clause in his contract, it would be a case of compensation, not a cancellation of the whole move.

Of course, that ain't gonna happen... 

Not sure there'd be compensation. How can there be? He had a release clause and that's what they got - how can they say they suffered loss? A fine, embargo potentially (unlikely imo), compensation; can't see it.

Just now, 29AR said:

Not sure there'd be compensation. How can there be? He had a release clause and that's what they got - how can they say they suffered loss? A fine, embargo potentially (unlikely imo), compensation; can't see it.

Against the leaker, should it be MT or his agent.

The club would only be hit with something if it was somehow proved that we used some sort of hacking/industrial espionage to obtain the contract details. Which seeing it was mentioned on social media months before, and in the national press on a number of occasions, they clearly didn't.

17 minutes ago, Antman said:

does this mean that Engvall won't even make the bench !;)

His market value is closing in on £195,000. A tenth of what he was bought for add ons excluded.

And the answer is; Sugar dad is paying.

PAPPA BETALAR

Check ELON-STHLM on the link

http://www.elon.se/mer-om-oss/vara-reklamfilmer

It doesn't matter who's friends with who or what people had actually seen the contract. The info has been out in the public domain via the media for weeks/months, prior to us putting a bid in to Rovers last Sunday. 

It's a complete non-storey. 

25 minutes ago, Antman said:

does this mean that Engvall won't even make the bench !;)

Seeing as he didn't make the bench in midweek when Taylor wasn't even available I'd say that was a certainty.

I expect Taylor to be a sub but Djuric to come in to partner Tammy.

9 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

His market value is closing in on £195,000. A tenth of what he was bought for add ons excluded.

And the answer is; Sugar dad is paying.

PAPPA BETALAR

Check ELON-STHLM on the link

http://www.elon.se/mer-om-oss/vara-reklamfilmer

His sugar daddy is Pat Benatar!    :blink:

I love the idea that the FA might find something wrong, like we haven't dotted an i or crossed a t, or perish the thought, not used some correct punctuation in the contract....punishment? Loan him back to the slags for a month! Laugh? I wouldn't know when to stop!

Archived