IGNORED

The Official Bristol City v Rotherham United Match Day Thread

1 hour ago, pongo88 said:

Roadrunner, what have you done? I was over the moon when I read finbarr's post but sick as a parrot after reading yours! Why remind me that we could get zero points from the 4 matches after today? I need every bit of happiness I can get watching City, so I'm going to enjoy today's 6-0 win and forget about the rest of February 

Best get down the bookies for that double hat-trick then. Isn't that about 500-1?

• Like 1

I can only hope that Taylor has got that cutting edge about him to put us on the front foot early in the game. It seems to me that LJ and MA have gone for a "we're gonna score more than you" approach to their January window dealings. Which may not be such a bad idea, if the price was right for a proven goal scorer and not so right for a gamble on a foreign right back. Moreover, whilst I love Tammy a criticism you could angle at him is that he needs a few shots across the oppositions bow before he makes his clinical mark in a game. Perhaps MT will prove a useful club in the bag with regards to getting a strong foothold in the game from the off. 

However, we simply can't ignore the fundamentals of defence in this league. Any team is dangerous on their day, including Rotherham and for us to get a point today we need Flint and Giefer working together, not at 6's and 7's with each other. Hegeler dictating the midfield will also be vital.

I predict a 2-2 draw, with MT and (hopefully) TA to start, though it's probably about time Djuric started contributing more than good hold and link up play. That, of course, will depend on who starts and who warms the bench. I can't see us keeping a clean sheet unfortunately, so if we are to have any hope of getting 3 points, we need to stick away our chances as soon as they come.

13 minutes ago, rockinrobin said:

Teams in

#BRCvROT: Giefer, Little, Wright, Flint, Golbourne, Hegeler, Pack, Cotterill, Bryan, Tomlin, Abraham. #BristolCity

Predictable that LJ would not be bold enough to start with two strikers, preferring the extra holding midfielder in Pack. Plenty of sideways passing ahead :-(

Edited by old_eastender
3 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Predictable that LJ would not be bold enough to start with two strikers, preferring the extra holding midfielder in Pack. Plenty of sideways passing ahead :-(

As long as it's sideways from cotts in to the box could not give a .... 

1 minute ago, redordead1 said:

Can someone pls explain how Vyner, Patterson and O'Dowda all deserve places on the bench ahead of GON, BR and HD? 

LJ- Has to win playing only one up front against bottom side.

Will hold back on any further judgement until I see how we get on.

Because the manager watches them in traning everyday and may well deserve selection