IGNORED

The Official Bristol City v Rotherham United Match Day Thread

6 minutes ago, rockinrobin said:

Because the manager watches them in traning everyday and may well deserve selection

Like us, he has also seen them play in nearly 30 competitive games this season.

Vyner (as promising as he may be), must be pulling up f'ing oak trees in training to be considered ahead of our Icelandic international, who has done absolutely everything you could ask of him in his first season.

COD - Again, may show glimpses of promise. However, no-one can argue he has had a fraction of the positive impact on our games as BR this season. He was shocking and an absolute bystander on Tuesday. Unarguable.

Patterson - I like and he should have more of a role from the bench imo. However, ahead of GON so far this season? We should have let GON move on in the window as its a waste of everyone's time when a player of his pedigree isn't making the bench.

1 minute ago, AshtonG666 said:

Suggesting you can't blame the opposition for being confident against us

Seen our form; can you blame any opposition being confident against us? **** I suggested Fleetwood in the FA Cup replay should be very confident. 

1 minute ago, redordead1 said:

Like us, he has also seen them play in nearly 30 competitive games this season.

Vyner (as promising as he may be), must be pulling up f'ing oak trees in training to be considered ahead of our Icelandic international, who has done absolutely everything you could ask of him in his first season.

COD - Again, may show glimpses of promise. However, no-one can argue he has had a fraction of the positive impact on our games as BR this season. He was shocking and an absolute bystander on Tuesday. Unarguable.

Patterson - I like and he should have more of a role from the bench imo. However, ahead of GON so far this season? We should have let GON move on in the window as its a waste of everyone's time when a player of his pedigree isn't making the bench.

Do not disagree with your opinion however, he can still only pick 18 for the Match day squad so has to rotate. 

What if we win well today would that change your thinking.

At the end of the day Johnson gets paid to make these decisions and until after the game and result we have to trust him.

1 minute ago, AshtonG666 said:

Not if I was in a team bottom of the league and away from home (with o'donnell in goal) 

I take where you're coming from but a team bottom of the league not confident of playing us really has the white flag waving. 

Glad to see Tomlin not playing at RB like Tuesday. 

I think it'll be a solid win today. Build on the good bits and confidence from Tuesday and continue our (only very recent) improvement. 

I hope JB and SG can build their understanding and be less static and predictable. Hoping Cotterill will provide another attacking outlet. We relied on Tomlin to create everything Tuesday. 

Taylor to come on with a point to prove in the last 20 with the game wrapped up, and notch a tap in for 3-0. 

5 minutes ago, rockinrobin said:

Do not disagree with your opinion however, he can still only pick 18 for the Match day squad so has to rotate. 

What if we win well today would that change your thinking.

At the end of the day Johnson gets paid to make these decisions and until after the game and result we have to trust him.

I just want us to be right up there challenging. I'm annoyed with the lack of logic or honesty behind LJ's selections, which have undoubtedly been shaped by reasons outside of pure footballing ability, conflict with players etc.. 

Felt the same when LJ was appointed. There was no evidence or track record to support the decision to choose him ahead of more experienced and talented alternatives.

Put simply, like his team selections there is an element of favouritism that exists outside of pure footballing reasons.

i hope we win, if we don't he should be gone.