IGNORED

Djuric - why he shouldnt start

Londoner

Simply because it acts as a catalyst to long ball football, something that neglects the pace and guile we have going forward....its no coincidence that both us and wednesday seemingly lost all attacking threat when Nhuiu and Djuric came on tuesday....in fact i wouldnt even bring him on if we are behind.

The only way i can see him not acting as a hinderence is if we end up having 3 up top with taylor, at least then we have some pace to go up top with him

Ive been far from impressed with him thus far, makes Alby look like a racehorse he is that slow..but not writing him off.

Lets hope he does a matt smith, lets be honest he has looked very very limited so far, not because hes crap just not sure he fits in with our style of play. Alby gets goals....his movement is far superior though.

Djuric gives us a different attacking option ala Andy Carroll. He's big and strong. The best attacker with aerial ability and holds the ball up extremely well and a battler. But he needs what we've only just got, a wide player who can cross the ball i.e. Cotterell. 

1 minute ago, JasonM88 said:

Hugely disagree. He can actually run with the ball at his feet.

Im only going by what ive seen, i thought tuesday he is clearly good in the air and tried to put the defence under pressure.

But to say he is slow is a massive under statement....also thought we lost all atacking threat when he came on....long ball hoof, didnt work at all for me.

12 minutes ago, Londoner said:

Simply because it acts as a catalyst to long ball football, something that neglects the pace and guile we have going forward....its no coincidence that both us and wednesday seemingly lost all attacking threat when Nhuiu and Djuric came on tuesday....in fact i wouldnt even bring him on if we are behind.

The only way i can see him not acting as a hinderence is if we end up having 3 up top with taylor, at least then we have some pace to go up top with him

Ive been far from impressed with him thus far, makes Alby look like a racehorse he is that slow..but not writing him off.

Lets hope he does a matt smith, lets be honest he has looked very very limited so far, not because hes crap just not sure he fits in with our style of play. Alby gets goals....his movement is far superior though.

Long ball shouldn't neglect pace and guile if played correctly. It's not all Djuric's fault, the fast players have to make the right run.

I don't think anyone would be quite as hard on him if he taken one or two of his glaring chances. So far he hasn't scored. Obviously that's not fantastic, but he will be a very useful player for us moving forward, I don't doubt.

Just now, Luxo Jr. said:

Long ball shouldn't neglect pace and guile if played correctly. It's not all Djuric's fault, the fast players have to make the right run.

I don't think anyone would be quite as hard on him if he taken one or two of his glaring chances. So far he hasn't scored. Obviously that's not fantastic, but he will be a very useful player for us moving forward, I don't doubt.

Im not saying it is his fault. Im not worried about not goal scoring yet....more concerned about how him and tammy can play together 

Had two efforts that could have been goals, and 2 assists in his pocket and he's hardly been here anytime and not accustomed to his team mates... think he has a future here, and if we play two up front he is effective in the air and ball at his feet - we just need to get people to cross the damned ball.

7 minutes ago, WECANDO said:

Djuric gives us a different attacking option ala Andy Carroll. He's big and strong. The best attacker with aerial ability and holds the ball up extremely well and a battler. But he needs what we've only just got, a wide player who can cross the ball i.e. Cotterell. 

100%. Looking forward to seeing Cottrell far more than MT.

1 minute ago, Londoner said:

Im not saying it is his fault. Im not worried about not goal scoring yet....more concerned about how him and tammy can play together 

Fair point, Tammy is not one to run with the ball that much, so knock-downs from Djuric aren't always the best help. Perhaps Tomlin is an issue then? I haven't seen much of the team in recent months, so I don't know, but if Tammy isn't the one that benefits most from our hold-up play, shouldn't it be our central attacking midfielder?

Can't really comment on that as I said, but would be interesting to know what their link up play was like.

Wouldn't be surprised if we play some percentage football today and hit it long from the back. Rotherham will set up with 10 men including keeper behind the ball, so unless tomlin has some moments if magic we will struggle to pass our way through. Will be a very different game to Tuesday imo.

32 minutes ago, Londoner said:

LOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME

Seen nothing but hard work and an excellent foil for Tammy in the short time he's been here. 

From what I can recall he didn't lose one ball played into him. 

If he starts today I urge you to watch his work rate and the amount of possession he wins for us. 

Scoring will come, but remember his assists could be just as valuable.  

22 minutes ago, Londoner said:

Im only going by what ive seen, i thought tuesday he is clearly good in the air and tried to put the defence under pressure.

But to say he is slow is a massive under statement....also thought we lost all atacking threat when he came on....long ball hoof, didnt work at all for me.

Well clearly what you've seen is wrong .

:disapointed2se:

1 hour ago, Londoner said:

Well you clearly ain't seen many games 

Mon Dieu...

Djuric, is a breath of fresh air. When he's got the ball, he battles. When he wants the ball, it battles. I'd like to say he's a little terrier, but he so fricking big.

I just wish everyone else in the team wanted the ball as much as he does.

Archived