IGNORED

lee johnson

yatesuperreds

2 minutes ago, Alan Dicks said:

What a difference 3 months can make, 3 months ago we would have been slightly dissapointed with a 10th or 12th place finish, now we all would be over the moon with a fourth from bottom finished. For me Johnson and his side-kick has put a big cloud of negativity over this club which first of all spread to the players, unfortunately its spread to the fans too. He has no hiding place anymore, week in week out he's making himself look stupid. How much have you spent little Lee?

He cannot get the best out of the players at his disposal. Therefore, he cannot manage. It really is as simple as that. He cannot influence them because they continue to serve up the same shit every week. If he threw a hairdryer they would probably do their hair with it and then go out on the pitch and take the piss.

7 minutes ago, Alan Dicks said:

What a difference 3 months can make, 3 months ago we would have been slightly dissapointed with a 10th or 12th place finish, now we all would be over the moon with a fourth from bottom finished. For me Johnson and his side-kick has put a big cloud of negativity over this club which first of all spread to the players, unfortunately its spread to the fans too. He has no hiding place anymore, week in week out he's making himself look stupid. How much have you spent little Lee?

Who was manager 3 months ago..?

1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

Shit team selection..?

The vast majority of people fully agreed with it at 2pm. 

It wasn't working, so he changed it. Didn't shirk the unpopular call of taking off our 2 "star" players and it worked. 

Exactly, give him some credit for showing the bottle to bring on 3 subs at once which effectively changed the momentum in our favour. Game was going nowhere and Rotherham made it a scrappy niggly game in which Tomlin and Tammy contributed very little

I'm not sure which side of the fence I sit but whilst he's here, he'll get my support. I'd have probably sacked him after the record breaking run but since we've picked up 4 points this week, which but for an individual error and missed chances, could quite conceivably have been 6, he'll be here for a while longer. Maybe I'm just completely fed up of us chopping and changing managers. 

One thing that really does frustrate me though is his lack of communication with the team during the game. I sit just behind and to the right of the dugout and rarely does he bark instruction, encouragement or motivate players from the side-line. In fact, yesterday, he spoke/argued more with the supporters than he did with his team! His opposite was constantly encouraging his players, telling them to be positive on the ball, that they had the beating of their man, have belief etc. He doesn't have to be a complete lunatic, but saying virtually nothing just seems odd to me.

30 minutes ago, Kibs said:

I'm not sure which side of the fence I sit but whilst he's here, he'll get my support. I'd have probably sacked him after the record breaking run but since we've picked up 4 points this week, which but for an individual error and missed chances, could quite conceivably have been 6, he'll be here for a while longer. Maybe I'm just completely fed up of us chopping and changing managers. 

One thing that really does frustrate me though is his lack of communication with the team during the game. I sit just behind and to the right of the dugout and rarely does he bark instruction, encouragement or motivate players from the side-line. In fact, yesterday, he spoke/argued more with the supporters than he did with his team! His opposite was constantly encouraging his players, telling them to be positive on the ball, that they had the beating of their man, have belief etc. He doesn't have to be a complete lunatic, but saying virtually nothing just seems odd to me.

I sat behind him at the Cardiff home match...I was very struck by the contrast between him and Warnock and Warnock's use of the experienced staff around him. LJ looks like a spectator at times...that was the match which I left thinking that managing at this level is beyond him.

15 hours ago, RumRed said:

Seriously, are SL and LJ paying people to sign up to this place and post?  Is anyone actually checking their IP's to confirm?

I've never seen such denial and delusion, they can't be real surely?

Funny. I was told yesterday that BS personnel were doing exactly that and the ip addresses have been traced. No idea if that's true but I have never heard of such a thing at City before.

One thing that bugged me yesterday was during the losing run LJ could not have run down that tunnel any quicker leaving the players to take the flack. However yesterday was a different story. 

Im sorry but imo if you are happy to let the players take the abuse for a losing run then you leave them out there to take the plaudits for the win. 

20 hours ago, eric04 said:

Of course he did. He could have left them on the bench. 

Credit where credit is due. 

Credit would have been due if he had set the team up right in the first place, in particular playing 2 up front. Even when we were doing well at the start of the season LJ was often having to correct his selection & tactics after a poor first half.

He doesn't learn. In the context of the 14-15m that has been spent on players, he is without doubt the most under-achieving manager we have ever had.

4 hours ago, old_eastender said:

In the context of the 14-15m that has been spent on players, he is without doubt the most under-achieving manager we have ever had.

I always think that's a tough one to judge. Other Championship teams are spending much more than they were in the past. 

12 hours ago, Rednwhiterob said:

We've stopped the losing run. We've never been in the bottom three. We're not going down. 

Need to hold our nerve.

Fair enough comment. If you are happy/content with the level of entertainment then that's okay.

For me hold my nerve isn’t really the issue.

The way I think is:-

1/ Was the game entertaining?

2/ Did the ‘City’ play entertaining football?

3/ If I was not a season ticket holder (which I am and have been for 30 years); would I want to pay to watch that game again?

Unfortunately; far too many times this season; the answer to all three questions has been; NO.

1 minute ago, BristolNorthEndRed said:

Fair enough comment. If you are happy/content with the level of entertainment then that's okay.

For me hold my nerve isn’t really the issue.

The way I think is:-

1/ Was the game entertaining?

2/ Did the ‘City’ play entertaining football?

3/ If I was not a season ticket holder (which I am and have been for 37 years); would I want to pay to watch that game again?

Unfortunately; far too many times this season; the answer to all three questions has been; NO.

That Sir, is a reasoned and we'll put argument.

Archived