IGNORED

Jamie Paterson

The hand of RO'D

Just now, The hand of RO'D said:

In 30 minutes he was everything that Tomlin should have been from the off.

I know they are 2 different players but he was my MOTM. Direct, pacey and always a threat.

I'm not sure if anyone else had a view like I did but the pass with the outside of his boot to put djuric through was sublime.

Has to start the next game for me.

Proved why he was a number 10 at Huddersfield last season. Summed up.

Round pegs, square holes etc. Yet the first time he's played there.

1 minute ago, The hand of RO'D said:

I know they are 2 different players but he was my MOTM. Direct, pacey and always a threat.

I'm not sure if anyone else had a view like I did but the pass with the outside of his boot to put djuric through was sublime.

Not for me makes an instant impact of the bench though.

Djuric was the sub for me who particularly stood out and even remarked he was my motm. Absolute man mountain who won everything, laid off very intelligently and deserved his goal. He was a menace. All 3 had a very positive impact though. 

Taylor and Djuric... looks like that could really work. 

24 minutes ago, RedSA said:

I thought he was pretty poor. He came on at a point in the game when there was a lot more space to attack and kept running into players, making the wrong choice with passes and generally looking clumsy. 

Decent shot for Djuric's goal though. 

I thought he ran around like a headless chicken! 

54 minutes ago, The hand of RO'D said:

A bit unfair on Tomlin and Tammy,a Striker and a AM who had... well what support, a back four, 2 holding/defenisve  midfield players, and 2 wingers who got forward every now and then...   basically 2 attacking players and a slow moving ponderous out of ideas midfield. Yes we looked better on 60 minutes because we had pretty much 3 upfront, 2 wing backs pushed further forward, with 2 holding/defensive midfielders still.... no shock that you look better attacking when you have players committed to it, and not 2 players (Tammy and Tomlin) who for that first 60 minutes were hung out to dry, in a desperate hope that his subs would win the day - even said pre-match that he thinks his subs would win the game for him. So that's what we have come down to, poor defensive football, hoping that maybe we can grab a goal (at home to the worst team in the division) but never mind if we don't because we most of our eggs are in basket No 2...

2 hours ago, Engvall's Splinter said:

Tammy is getting some harsh criticism for me. The bloke was left isolated up top on his own for the majority of his game time. With balls pumped long to chase or up to his head. 

Poor service today, but he wasn't at his best.  Think he's allowed an off-game.

2 hours ago, Engvall's Splinter said:

Tammy is getting some harsh criticism for me. The bloke was left isolated up top on his own for the majority of his game time. With balls pumped long to chase or up to his head. 

Agreed. Lumping upfield in a game against the poorest side in the division is shocking. 

That's LJs philosophy as I can't imagine the players doing that without being instructed to do so. 

Didn't think Tammy was that bad but faded after half time.

Nearly scored with his one chance in the first half, and was it his header that RO'D saved with his legs in the second half?

Thought he rolled his marker quite a few times too. Not at his best but far from his worst game. 

13 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Agreed. Lumping upfield in a game against the poorest side in the division is shocking. 

That's LJs philosophy as I can't imagine the players doing that without being instructed to do so. 

Tbf I was sat by the dugout and saw LJ complaining at some of the lumps forward in the first half. 

Tomlin didn't turn up looked like he was the "1" in a 4-4-1-1 clever flicks ended up looking stupid, none came off, did run his socks off with no end effect and left Tammy out in the cold. 3 subs showed why the starting line up was bollocks, in fairness our new signings did well. For periods of second half LJ kept disappearing in the mouth off the tunnel, Pembo got up and started airing his views in the box and was joined by (I think) Holden.

Every match we watch LJ staring at his feet and turning his back to the game when things don't go right, if he had a clue he would be letting his players know what he wanted during the game

3 hours ago, The hand of RO'D said:

True. The midfield was very very static today and could do with brownhill/Reid to partner hegeler to add a bit of movement and pace.

Wouldn't fancy that. Brownhill has the defensive presence of a cardboard cutout and Reid is not much better.

Both are decent further forward though. I'd personally would rather Reid was on the bench than Paterson. His runs into the box could be a headache for defenders, especially with a Taylor/Djuric partnership making inroads.

Can't fault Paterson today though. Lovely shot that ROD could only parry.

4 hours ago, RedSA said:

I thought he was pretty poor. He came on at a point in the game when there was a lot more space to attack and kept running into players, making the wrong choice with passes and generally looking clumsy. 

Decent shot for Djuric's goal though. 

I think he runs around a lot , shows lots of energy but gets nowhere most of the time , headless chicken .

58 minutes ago, Alan Dicks said:

Tomlin is a luxury we can ill afford at this time. We want power pace and direct running at this time. Sexy football is for the top half of the table not a relagation battle

Can ill afford like last year you mean? When we were just as sh**e?

Don't get me wrong he was poor today. But that argument is somewhat flawed. 

I thought Cotts was easily our best player today.

He is going to be an important asset.

Taylor looked surprisingly sharp considering he's been playing at a lower level.

I thought Paterson made a real impact. I think he's been extremely unlucky not to feature much recently.

I was surprised Vyner didn't start instead of Little.  Both he and Tomlin looked out on their feet.

LJ said that the subs would make the difference today and he was right.

He showed he's not afraid of making unpopular decisions by subbing Tammy. It was interesting to see Duric & Taylor warming up together before kick off so maybe that was a planned introduction.

Not enough constructive play today, too much head tennis.

I thought Pack was ponderous up until the three subs were introduced then he really improved.

Overall it was about the three points today, nothing more.

8 hours ago, Davefevs said:

@Swede I thought Marlon was very poor first half, but was one of the catalysts in our improved showing just before the subs and once they had made too.  Seemed to be 10-15 yards further up the pitch.  

Marlon certainly improved once the Subs came on - as did Hegeler, maybe because they had some options in front of them.

Didn't think it Patersons best game actually but he certainly helped to liven it up when he came on, got in some decent positions, was very busy, direct and obviously played an important part in the goal.

Just now, Alan Dicks said:

Tomlin is a luxury we can ill afford at this time. We want power pace and direct running at this time. Sexy football is for the top half of the table not a relagation battle

but then at the same time without him we'd have been easily beaten by Sheff Wed on tuesday, he's way too inconsistent, which is why he's with us and not a top 6 club

Archived