IGNORED

Jamie Paterson

The hand of RO'D

5 hours ago, JonDolman said:

Disagree that we would have been easily beaten. A different player would have made us more solid defensively. Just because someone does something in a game like tomlin did, making and scoring the penalty, doesn't mean that a player taking his place wouldn't bring something else. I would not play tomlin at the moment. Rarely has those magical moments and makes everyone elses job a lot harder.

He was excellent on Tuesday and tore their defence apart, without him we wouldn't have had either goal and Patterson wouldn't have done anything imo. We need Tomlin because he's able to stretch teams and create opportunities that no one else in our team can, if he was consistent he wouldn't be with us we all know that so dropping our best player sounds stupid in my opinion

17 hours ago, RedSA said:

Tbf I was sat by the dugout and saw LJ complaining at some of the lumps forward in the first half. 

Usually comes about because of a lack of movement and options. That was the out ball for us. I think we struggled to keep the ball in midfield so we by passed it instead.

Also Tomlin kept dropping to deep to pick the ball up and at one point he had both defensive midfielders ahead of him. Not ideal really! 

Johnson frustrated by lack of movement if anything 

7 hours ago, Kibs said:

Marlon certainly improved once the Subs came on - as did Hegeler, maybe because they had some options in front of them.

Didn't think it Patersons best game actually but he certainly helped to liven it up when he came on, got in some decent positions, was very busy, direct and obviously played an important part in the goal.

Agreed with that, the central midfielders looked more comfortable on the ball and had the option to drive which Hegeler did once or twice as well as pass to a few more options. 

1 hour ago, JBFC II said:

He was excellent on Tuesday and tore their defence apart, without him we wouldn't have had either goal and Patterson wouldn't have done anything imo. We need Tomlin because he's able to stretch teams and create opportunities that no one else in our team can, if he was consistent he wouldn't be with us we all know that so dropping our best player sounds stupid in my opinion

If we are going to play Tomlin he needs to play forward in the hole between midfield and attack in a 3.5.2

1 hour ago, JonDolman said:

But I still think we would have scored against Wednesday who looked a little bit weak at the back. He was very good for about 30 odd minutes overall. Of course without tomlin we would not have scored that exact first goal, doesn't mean we would not have scored though. You play Djuric instead of tomlin and they would have had a completely different problem to deal with. 

The problem with all these calls for Djuric to start is that we resort to the lump it forward play that saw us relegated last time. We all recognised the big lump for Sheff Weds turned the game our way - our defence will simply bypass midfield and expect Tammy to feed on knock-ons. We need to find a place for players with creativity whether it's Reid (remember Fulham?) or Tomlin.

2 hours ago, JBFC II said:

He isn't our best player. He can be if he wants to, but this season he's looked no more than fodder and absolutely not someone deserving of starting when out of form. 

23 hours ago, The hand of RO'D said:

In 30 minutes he was everything that Tomlin should have been from the off.

I know they are 2 different players but he was my MOTM. Direct, pacey and always a threat.

I'm not sure if anyone else had a view like I did but the pass with the outside of his boot to put djuric through was sublime.

Has to start the next game for me.

Defo made an immediate impact, looked sharp, bright and full of intent which enabled us to break their defence numerous times which we didnt look like doing before the changes

2 minutes ago, INCRED said:

Defo made an immediate impact, looked sharp, bright and full of intent which enabled us to break their defence numerous times which we didnt look like doing before the changes

I agree but why can he not do this when he starts a game? 

On 04/02/2017 at 17:55, The hand of RO'D said:

I appreciate your opinion but would you continue with Tomlin there in our next game?

Christ I wouldn't - based on Saturday alone. I thought him and Matty Taylor made a huge difference.

I'd like to see them both start, with Tammy, and see how that goes.

Archived