IGNORED

Matty Taylor

BRISTOL86

So, half an hour in, what are your initial thoughts?

I thought he had a very positive debut. His movement into little pockets was very bright and lively, reminded me of Baldock in that regard. 

He was direct and very involved in a lot of our attacking play, decent touch and impressed at how well he brought others into play, he can spot a pass which is a great attribute in a striker. 

3 minutes ago, Chairman Mao said:

Looked good, much better than Djuric, hopefully he leads the line well next season, has got the rest of this to settle in.

I can't think of two strikers less alike than Djuric and Taylor. What was wrong with Milan today anyway, he scored from the sub's bench?

2 minutes ago, Luxo Jr. said:

I can't think of two strikers less alike than Djuric and Taylor. What was wrong with Milan today anyway, he scored from the sub's bench?

I see Djuric as more of a Dele Adebola, Tomlin as Lee Trundle and Taylor as a Nicky Maynard type. Completely different players.

14 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

Everyone he got the ball he turned towards goal and was trying to be positive...very encouraging debut

To me we just looked much more of a threat with Taylor and Duric on today...which was great after we'd been so poor going forward for the first hour. Really pleased for Duric to get off the mark as well.

32 minutes ago, Chairman Mao said:

Looked good, much better than Djuric, hopefully he leads the line well next season, has got the rest of this to settle in.

Very harsh to compare one vs the other, they're completely different players in completely different roles. Neither would have been that effective without the other. For two players who had never played together they looked very good together.

39 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

I thought he had a very positive debut. His movement into little pockets was very bright and lively, reminded me of Baldock in that regard. 

He was direct and very involved in a lot of our attacking play, decent touch and impressed at how well he brought others into play, he can spot a pass which is a great attribute in a striker. 

Said many moons ago this was the guy who would replace Baldock. I was told to sit down and even accused of being :gasmask:

1 hour ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Agree with all that bar the "decent touch" shout. 

Well worth a pop at 300k. 

Archived