IGNORED

'You don't know what you're doing'

firstdivision

Anyone who chanted that when subs were made feel a little sheepish this evening.

'Oh, can't take off Tammy, he's our leading scorer' - even though he was having an oblong-boot day. 

Whatever happened before it, and we can debate team selection for ever, LJ's subs changed the game in a match that simply had to be won, against limited opponents who still made it very tough.

I don't know what he's doing either. Anyone else know?

Yes, there was a scrappy goal that won the game. It's still not good enough, given the talent LJ has at his disposal. With those players, we should have won by more against a poor Rotherham side.

Worse though, the team we're total devoid of ideas. They aren't bad players, so it's probably fair to assume that there's a problem with coaching and/or man management.

So yes, I'd conclude that he doesn't know what he's doing.

LJ does not know what he is doing.... His team selections and formations are plucked from a session on Football Manager and he got lucky yesterday....

His management speak comes from the annuls of David Brent....and it is clear he has no vision for these players....and still does not know his best 11... maybe he has too much choice....

It was seriously toxic where I was sitting and from fans who I would say are LJ supporters. This was not Derby, Villa, Newcastle we were playing.... It was 16 point Rotherham.... who were so poor that a pub team would not have disgraced themselves against them... 

Sorry but it was that desperate...i am set to go to 3 of the 4 away games, so will always support the team.... BUT come on LJ is hanging on by a finger nail... He will be gone by our next home game if this is the best he can get out of these players... A serious reality check is needed... A win over Rotherham must not gloss over Mjr problems...which have not been confronted.

1 hour ago, MarkRed! said:

LJ does not know what he is doing.... His team selections and formations are plucked from a session on Football Manager and he got lucky yesterday....

His management speak comes from the annuls of David Brent....and it is clear he has no vision for these players....and still does not know his best 11... maybe he has too much choice....

It was seriously toxic where I was sitting and from fans who I would say are LJ supporters. This was not Derby, Villa, Newcastle we were playing.... It was 16 point Rotherham.... who were so poor that a pub team would not have disgraced themselves against them... 

Sorry but it was that desperate...i am set to go to 3 of the 4 away games, so will always support the team.... BUT come on LJ is hanging on by a finger nail... He will be gone by our next home game if this is the best he can get out of these players... A serious reality check is needed... A win over Rotherham must not gloss over Mjr problems...which have not been confronted.

That's it. I have been wondering for months who he reminded me of in his interviews....

The rest is of course accurate despite what a few say, but ether way, he's our failure and all we can do is back him and hope he is not a permanent failure and this is just an enormous, history making blip!

Great support for the team SL and LJ throughout this horror show from the stands. If some snapped yesterday it is not particularly surprising...

In a funny way I think OTIB helps LJ and SL as many get their frustrations out on here and don't take them into AG to the same extent. However it seems LJ is employed on a game to game basis starting again at Derby!...Good luck to you and those going!!

DB                                                                                   LJ

Related imageRelated image

Swapping and changing the team all of the time, changing formation, changing tactics consistently, signing goodness knows how many players and leaving them out. There is no doubt about it he does not have a clue what he is doing. That us why he is taking us down. 

The crowd reaction to the subs and probably mostly due to the replacement of Tammy, reminded me of a similar incident during Alan Dicks days.

A game stagnating at 0-0, the perennial fight against relegation, a young, inexperienced manager, in the first or second year of one sub per match. Unrest in the crowd turned to vitriol as AD decided to withdraw fans idol Gerry Sharpe and bring on veteran Alan Skirton. Dicks just looked straight out from dugout to the pitch, unlike LJ yesterday.

Five minutes Skirton scored the winner.

I'm not a fan of LJ but while he is our Head Coach we have to accept his decisions or stay away. AD kept us up that year, will LJ do likewise?

Tomlin and Little has very poor games and Tammy had very little service.

The tempo of our play is far to slow, we only seem to be able to play sideways.

Our midfield play too close to the defence most of the time and fail to support the forwards.

22 hours ago, firstdivision said:

Anyone who chanted that when subs were made feel a little sheepish this evening.

'Oh, can't take off Tammy, he's our leading scorer' - even though he was having an oblong-boot day. 

Whatever happened before it, and we can debate team selection for ever, LJ's subs changed the game in a match that simply had to be won, against limited opponents who still made it very tough.

Haha... LJ thinks he's playing Football Manager.... triple substitution, all out attack (gung ho).. sometimes it's works more often than not though it doesn't...

36 minutes ago, cynic said:

I think you may find the comment in brackets is spot on.

If Tomlin and Little had stayed on we would have lost that game - Tammy was poor but not in a position to lose us the game, just not win it for us.

Those three subs were spot on and it turned out exactly as LJ said before the game - the subs will win us the game today.

And they did.

Crap game where just about all the starters were well below par, but the subs were excellent and drove the team to the win.

Turned out that he did know what he was doing..

If he had known what he was doing we would not have had to make 3 substitutions half way through the second half to find some impetus to scrape a win against the worst team in this league by some margin. If he had known what he was doing we would have been making subs on 70 mins to rest players for the game to come armed with a decent lead. In fact if he had know what he was doing we would not have lost 12 games out of 13 recently. I could go on. It was a desperate move to do something to save his job....let's not even pretend it was part of some well thought through and well executed plan. 

Archived