IGNORED

Happy First Anniversary Lee Johnson

Inactive user

What a fantastic year it's been, two trips to Wembley, one winning our first cup for over 100 years, the other gaining promotion back to our natural level, watching some brilliant entertainment with goals galore, over £15M in the back to invest in the club,  and being all but safe from the drop in February, thanks for jumping ship Lee your a hero. 

2 hours ago, reddogkev said:

Nonsense.

Going back to your previous post, a lot of what you have said is simply down to sports psychology, prior to the losing streak we were playing good football, we had a clear shape with a system, and LJ only tweaked the team where required.  When we started losing every week, things became chaotic and panic / fear began to control proceedings.  LJ perhaps lost touch with what he had been trying to do, as the fear existed that we would continue losing.

Rationale minds were frayed and on edge; perhaps the players even felt this 'fear' and diminished as a consequence.

Now we've picked up a bit though, hopefully the positive mind-set can be restored and confidence will ensure we get back to playing the good football of the first part of the season.

It's only nonsense in your head.  You want to forget the bad run to fit your perception that "City are currently in a very healthy position."  Our current run of form and league position would very much indicate otherwise.  Forget what happened earlier in the season.  People on here are still dining out on us being in the play offs earlier this season. Then it was "we're only 6 points off the play offs", then "9", then "12" then it was "there is three worse teams than us", then yadda yadda yadda. Right here, right now we are in the shite. 

Do you really believe we were playing good football and had a clear shape and system before the losing streak?  I don't.  Burton away and Villa and home are two games that immediately spring to mind where we were crap despite picking up results. 

Dear Red Dog Kev,

Please remind me. Other than Villa at home and Fulham away, at what stage of this season have we played the 'good football' to which you allude? I've watched most games and it's been bloody painful. I've seen better organised teams and faster, flowing football watching our local Sunday League games.

If anyone is spouting 'nonsense' my friend, it is surely you!

4 hours ago, reddogkev said:

Nonsense.

Going back to your previous post, a lot of what you have said is simply down to sports psychology, prior to the losing streak we were playing good football, we had a clear shape with a system, and LJ only tweaked the team where required.  When we started losing every week, things became chaotic and panic / fear began to control proceedings.  LJ perhaps lost touch with what he had been trying to do, as the fear existed that we would continue losing.

Rationale minds were frayed and on edge; perhaps the players even felt this 'fear' and diminished as a consequence.

Now we've picked up a bit though, hopefully the positive mind-set can be restored and confidence will ensure we get back to playing the good football of the first part of the season.

Yes, "a clear shape", yes the wrong shape. The same wrong one he's had 90% of the season. Everyone else has seen it, barring 2-3 on here and LJ!. The football on offer this season has been dull, uninspired and boring. 

You make it sound as if everything is rosy and upbeat, the evidence points to the complete opposite.

On 05/02/2017 at 08:35, Bar BS3 said:

Every relationship has its rocky patches. That's when it takes work and guts to get things back on track. 

After a great honeymoon period, LJ went off for some cosmetic surgery in the summer. 

To start with, the new double EE's looked and felt great and things were good. He then realised that disputes his impressive new assets, a lot of his wardrobe also needed to be revamped. That has taken longer than we'd have liked, as he continued to keep popping out of his previously suitable clobber. 

People have questioned whether they'd have preferred the wife that they had previously, but here's hoping that when his new, sexy wardrobe finally arrives, we'll be proud to have him on our arm, once again. 

It's just a shame that for the next month, he's off on blind dates with the Dreamboys and we have to see if he can stay faithful enough to return back to snuggle up on the sofa with a kebab afterwards. 

Wow too deep for me - my interpretation of that is that LJ is a big tit?

8 hours ago, Rascal said:

What a fantastic year it's been, two trips to Wembley, one winning our first cup for over 100 years, the other gaining promotion back to our natural level, watching some brilliant entertainment with goals galore, over £15M in the back to invest in the club,  and being all but safe from the drop in February, thanks for jumping ship Lee your a hero. 

That's a positive spin!

Another version, after a solid start, you were forced to sell three key players in January and now you all hope you don't go on a bad run and slip down the league....

11 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

A very poignant day for me. Anniversary of my first wife's death, the loss of so many of the Busby Babes at Munich and LJ's arrival. I don't think I'll send him a card!

didn't want to like this, sorry for your loss.

35 minutes ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

Let's not forget that last year Huddersfield finished 19th, would probably have been relegated if the season was longer and were completely destroyed by us at Ashton Gate, they stuck by their Manager and look where they are now (albeit with inspired loans).

Given the percentages involved, it's more hope than common sense to point at such examples. 

2 hours ago, Alessandro said:

That's a positive spin!

Another version, after a solid start, you were forced to sell three key players in January and now you all hope you don't go on a bad run and slip down the league....

Don't care if we do, jobs done, we're safe, I've got 100% confidence in our recruitment comity and coaching staff, we'll rebuild in the summer again, and have another go at improving players and selling them for massive profits, while we play entertaining attacking winning football, before hopefully cashing in next January and doing it all over again next summer. If you're not good enough to reach the playoffs, does it really matter where you finish as long as you're never in danger of relegation, And you keep trying to play organised entertaining attacking football, whilst earning enough money to reinvest in the squad and continue to be self sustained. 

Just now, Rascal said:

Don't care if we do, jobs done, we're safe, I've got 100% confidence in our recruitment comity and coaching staff, we'll rebuild in the summer again, and have another go at improving players and selling them for massive profits, while we play entertaining attacking winning football, before hopefully cashing in next January and doing it all over again next summer. If you're not good enough to reach the playoffs, does it really matter where you finish as long as you're never in danger of relegation, And you keep trying to play organised entertaining attacking football, whilst earning enough money to reinvest in the squad and continue to be self sustained. 

Fair enough, on 45 points(?) you're pretty much safe!

2 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

Fair enough, on 45 points(?) you're pretty much safe!

Yeah we'll continue to pick up points, maybe not at the same rate as we were before, but once the new lads settle in we'll finish around 14th to 17th position in my opinion, which will be a massive success for us. 

5 minutes ago, Rascal said:

Yeah we'll continue to pick up points, maybe not at the same rate as we were before, but once the new lads settle in we'll finish around 14th to 17th position in my opinion, which will be a massive success for us. 

Probably finish higher than that and well deserved. There must be one big pot of money waiting to be spent next season. Stones, Mawson, Hourihane, Winnall and Bree all together got you 15mill at least?

Clearly some good coaches at Barnsley!

8 hours ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Probably finish higher than that and well deserved. There must be one big pot of money waiting to be spent next season. Stones, Mawson, Hourihane, Winnall and Bree all together got you 15mill at least?

Clearly some good coaches at Barnsley!

I don't think we'll be going out and blowing big lumps of cash on players in terms of transfer fees or wages, we've proved we don't need to, the plan of picking up young players who fit into our blueprint from the lower leagues, and complementing that with 3 or 4 loanees from premier league clubs U23S is working perfectly if it's not broken don't fix it, we've started picking up young players just to play in the U23S to see if we can develop them into better players and integrate them into the first team squad at some stage too, I think a lot of the money we make will be spent on that and the academy as well as maintaining and improving the facilities at Oakwell, I feel the scouting network and coaches at the club are going to need a pay raise if we want to keep them too. 

On 5 February 2017 at 00:52, Rednwhiterob said:

OK, I'm going a bit early on this as I think the actual date was 6th Feb 16.  However, just wanted to say happy first anniversary LJ on 1 year in charge.

3 points today, genius substitutions and the new signings looking good.  Lots of positives.

So, happy anniversary LJ.

COYR

Let's start celebrating in 6 games time if we pull away from trouble......the fact is that we are still deep in doo doo, our performances are generally woeful and over Lees year at the helm we have actually got worse.

1 hour ago, Rascal said:

I don't think we'll be going out and blowing big lumps of cash on players in terms of transfer fees or wages, we've proved we don't need to, the plan of picking up young players who fit into our blueprint from the lower leagues, and complementing that with 3 or 4 loanees from premier league clubs U23S is working perfectly if it's not broken don't fix it, we've started picking up young players just to play in the U23S to see if we can develop them into better players and integrate them into the first team squad at some stage too, I think a lot of the money we make will be spent on that and the academy as well as maintaining and improving the facilities at Oakwell, I feel the scouting network and coaches at the club are going to need a pay raise if we want to keep them too. 

Trouble is there are a lot of clubs with a similar model for youth players. Its rare that any club can keep bringing in and nurturing players then selling them on like a production line year after year.

Hourihane and Winnall already had good pedigree before joining you, it was only a matter of time before they started playing champ footy.

14 hours ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Trouble is there are a lot of clubs with a similar model for youth players. Its rare that any club can keep bringing in and nurturing players then selling them on like a production line year after year.

Hourihane and Winnall already had good pedigree before joining you, it was only a matter of time before they started playing champ footy.

I agree but we have an advantage over other championship clubs when it comes to signing young up and coming players, because we actually play them, instead of stock piling them in case of injuries, or using them as bit part players for squad rotation, we give them a run in the team and a chance to become first team regulars, this is evedent for all to see, we have a decent track record for coaching and developing young lower league players, into players top wage paying championship clubs want to buy and use as first team regulars. We're also building a reputation as a club that will not stand in a players way when the big wage paying clubs come calling, you're quite right It is a model a fair few clubs are already using or looking to adopt, but no other team is doing it as well as us at this moment in time, and as I say I feel this is to our advantage when it comes to signing league one and two players looking for the step up. 

Archived