IGNORED

The next 4 games

harvey54

7 minutes ago, harvey54 said:

Derby, Leeds, Newcastle and Villa.

All away.

Am I the only person who can't see where the next point is coming from?

It looks very tough . But you've got to play them sometime. And surely our abysmal away record can't continue. Can't it . Would be ecstatic to get 4 points from that . You never know. Raise their game . Less pressure away from home . 

4 point from those games minimum for us to not be in the bottom 3 come the end of that run.....really cant see us getting 4 points though, i fear once we are in the bottom 3 we won't get out. Having looked at our remaining fixtures this morning i really do think we are ******.

6 minutes ago, Mr Hankey said:

4 point from those games minimum for us to not be in the bottom 3 come the end of that run.....really cant see us getting 4 points though, i fear once we are in the bottom 3 we won't get out. Having looked at our remaining fixtures this morning i really do think we are ******.

Have you looked at the remaining fixtures for Wigan, Burton and Rotherham?  Are they significantly easier?

Just now, Mr Hankey said:

Im more concerned with our own results tbh mate and i cant see many points until the end of the season

But you base your claim of our almost certain relegation on our remaining fixtures.  On this basis you have to consider the fixtures of the teams already below us or it's nothing more than negative rhetoric.

It looks pretty hopeless I must admit. Derby and Leeds are nightmare hunting grounds for us.. Newcastle away is the toughest game of the season on paper and Villa are unbeaten at home. I guess the law of averages says we'll pick up a point somewhere but I cant see it being much more than that. March however, looks much more pivotal with Burton and Wigan to play then Blackburn, Brentford, Wolves and QPR in April. Good results in those and we'll be fine and the league table shows that none of those teams are significantly better or worse than us - Wigan can't score for love nor money, Burton have the resources and setup of a league 2 club, and Blackburn are being run into the ground by a chicken farmer. We only need to better the results of two of these and we'll be OK. Please don't give up hope guys.

It doesn't look hopeless, we've just picked up 4 points and have significantly improved our squad.

Relax, we will not be in a relegation scrap.  Feeling very confident that we will be at least 8 points clear of the bottom 3 come the end of the season.

Forget the shocking run, consign it to history, those never-ending defeats are done and dusted.

Have we all forgot the golden rule of the Championship???

Any team can beat any other team.

Think it is worth noting the next four for out nearest competitors too, because as recent weeks have shown; it is becoming as much about the form of those around us as our own.

Burton (21st, 30 games played, 31 points)
Brighton (A), Norwich (H), Derby (A), Blackburn (H)

Blackburn (22nd, 29 played, 28 points)
Rotherham (A), Sheff Weds (A), Burton (A), Derby (H) 
- They also have a home game to Man U in the FA Cup in the middle of that run.

Wigan (23rd, 28 played, 25 points)
Norwich (H), Fulham (A), Wolves (A), Preston (H) 
- worth noting that Wigan play six league games before the end of Feb, while everyone else in the bottom six has only four; Wigan also play QPR away and Forest at home before March, which will be key games for them.

Also worth noting QPR's fixtures, as they are only three points ahead of us having played a game more and have a worse goal difference...

QPR (19th, 30 played, 34 points)
Huddersfield (H), Birmingham (A), Wigan (H), Preston (A)

I'm not sure if we have a better or worse run than others; the lack of home matches will make things tough, but perhaps time away from the Gate may even give the team the time to build unity away from the pressure cooker environment that they'd be playing under at home.  

Also; I don't think I'm alone in thinking we'll need to improve performances massively to win any of these away games, so the lack of expectations might allow us to play with a weight off our shoulders - I'm perhaps clutching at straws, but I've been a City fan long enough to see us do similar I the past; winning away to the near unbearable Southampton, and taking six points from Boro last season are indicators of that.

If we can get three points from those four games, we should still be in touch, but suggest we'd need 4-5 to hold our position.  

All told; I expect us to be at least level on points with the relegation zone if not in it before our next home game, making the run in March of Burton then Norwich at home, then Wigan away will be absolulty crucial for us.

Of course we can gain points.

Individually our players, even the less talented, are good enough.  The challenge lies with the coaches to get the simple things right, e.g. Set pieces.  The challenge lies with the coaches to inject confidence and team spirit.  The challenge lies with the coaches to decide finally our preferred 11 and preferred tactics and playing style.

Having finished the last paragraph I seem to have argued, however, against my first sentence 

1 minute ago, kiwicolin said:

Not easy no , but 6 points, to us ,  against Derby and Villa 

COYR 

Frankly, I'd be genuinly pleased with four, regardless how they come.

Staying in touch before our run of three out of four at home in March is key.

Is looking like a season where we'll need more than the average of 45 points to stay up (probably 48), so need about a point a game  for me.

19 minutes ago, Rednwhiterob said:

But you base your claim of our almost certain relegation on our remaining fixtures.  On this basis you have to consider the fixtures of the teams already below us or it's nothing more than negative rhetoric.

3 teams go down mate, i can see us being one of them under your messiah, deal with it.

4 minutes ago, samo II said:

Think it is worth noting the next four for out nearest competitors too, because as recent weeks have shown; it is becoming as much about the form of those around us as our own.

Burton (21st, 30 games played, 31 points)
Brighton (A), Norwich (H), Derby (A), Blackburn (H)

Blackburn (22nd, 29 played, 28 points)
Rotherham (A), Sheff Weds (A), Burton (A), Derby (H) 
- They also have a home game to Man U in the FA Cup in the middle of that run.

Wigan (23rd, 28 played, 25 points)
Norwich (H), Fulham (A), Wolves (A), Preston (H) 
- worth noting that Wigan play six league games before the end of Feb, while everyone else in the bottom six has only four; Wigan also play QPR away and Forest at home before March, which will be key games for them.

Also worth noting QPR's fixtures, as they are only three points ahead of us having played a game more and have a worse goal difference...

QPR (19th, 30 played, 34 points)
Huddersfield (H), Birmingham (A), Wigan (H), Preston (A)

I'm not sure if we have a better or worse run than others; the lack of home matches will make things tough, but perhaps time away from the Gate may even give the team the time to build unity away from the pressure cooker environment that they'd be playing under at home.  

Also; I don't think I'm alone in thinking we'll need to improve performances massively to win any of these away games, so the lack of expectations might allow us to play with a weight off our shoulders - I'm perhaps clutching at straws, but I've been a City fan long enough to see us do similar I the past; winning away to the near unbearable Southampton, and taking six points from Boro last season are indicators of that.

If we can get three points from those four games, we should still be in touch, but suggest we'd need 4-5 to hold our position.  

All told; I expect us to be at least level on points with the relegation zone if not in it before our next home game, making the run in March of Burton then Norwich at home, then Wigan away will be absolulty crucial for us.

Thanks for that Samo was wondering who our relegation rivals had . Doesn't look to easy for them .  If we can miraculously get 4 or 5 points it should just about keep our heads above water 

I thought this Division was gonna be better quality that it has shown to be.

Newcastle and Brighton are good but can have off days. 

Huddersfield have improved massively and are probably the best team in the division now......can see them overtaking one of the two leaders.

Of the others up there,  I recon they are all pretty average and we are quite capable of at least a draw with them.....if we play the right team in the right shape.

3 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

I thought this Division was gonna be better quality that it has shown to be.

Newcastle and Brighton are good but can have off days. 

Huddersfield have improved massively and are probably the best team in the division now......can see them overtaking one of the two leaders.

Of the others up there,  I recon they are all pretty average and we are quite capable of at least a draw with them.....if we play the right team in the right shape.

I think the quality is in the ability to make it difficult for your opponent.  A lot of sides are much of a muchness defence and midfield.  The better sides invariably gave that bit extra in attacking positions.  There are a lot of very good players in this division.

Archived