IGNORED

Fulham date confirmed and KO Now 8pm (merged)

redfieldred

8 minutes ago, AdamB said:

"The match will start at 8pm to allow more time for scheduled events to clear out of the stadium."

Essentially we've got some major conference events and we didn't want those attendees exiting the stadium to affect our supporters. 

With regards to quid a kid; it was quid a kid when it was the Saturday game and as we had already sold tickets for that game so we have to carry that through. 

We are going to add another more realistic quid a kid offering later in the season, rest assured. 

Regards

Adam

Thanks!

Good to know the stadium is being used to capacity and fitting in football is more of a challenge that it was pre development where I'm sure the question of 'what time is kick off?' Would have been met with the reply 'what time can you get here?'

They had a conference event at the Mem, went on all season! 

For those who don't understand why a good group of us on otib are not happy about BS what better example than this.  An 8 o'clock ko to take into account an earlier use of the stadium.  If City were i/c then the earlier event could be accommodated without such a late start, which renders the offer to children nonsense - at a time when we are anxious to recruit young fans

11 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

For those who don't understand why a good group of us on otib are not happy about BS what better example than this.  An 8 o'clock ko to take into account an earlier use of the stadium.  If City were i/c then the earlier event could be accommodated without such a late start, which renders the offer to children nonsense - at a time when we are anxious to recruit young fans

Oh no. City using their new facilities for the betterment of the club(s). Absolute travesty!! You really will beat BS with any stick (or twig in this case) possible won't you?!

24 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

as @AdamB posted earlier the club had already declared the game was kid a quid and tickets sold when the the game was on the Saturday and it was kept the same for the rearranged fixture , as for the time being altered shit happens.

38 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

I think it's good try different things a later kick off might be better for some traffic / getting away from work etc... Its worse for me probably as it means an additional 40 minute wait for the train home but I still think for whatever reason it's a good idea.

40 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

A game rearranged at quite short notice  kicking of a few minutes later to accommodate a pre booked event at Ashton Gate which bring extra revenue in. Honestly what are BS doing???

15 hours ago, Ivorguy said:

Really?

It's 15 minutes............

Thank you to whoever changed the thread title, was unaware the KO time had changed as well.

15 minutes might not mean much to most (god knows I miss the days I lived round the corner from the ground), but there is only one train after a City midweek game back to London - and several ST holders, not all on OTIB, who do the roundtrip to every game - and on a 19:45 game by the time you get out of the (still) pathetic clear out time of the Dolman (one of the things the shiny new stadium never bothered to fix), and beaten crowds on Ashton Road, and walked at pace to Temple Meads, you make the train with only 5-10 minutes to spare.

So yeah, 15 minutes makes a big ****ing difference (and forget taxi - they just get stuck in the traffic and have to resort to cutting through Asda car park to stand a chance - probably even worse now with the Metrobus closures). Okay, not the end of the world, just a shame to have to be clock watching and leave before injury time just because of short-sighted planning. For everyone saying how much difference is 15 minutes, well surely the same applies to clearing up the prior event. Can't do that 15 minutes quicker? Hire an extra pair of hands?

Incidentally, I have far far less experience and miles on the clock than many on here of watching City long distance (I've only been doing it for 3-4 years) but in my limited experience I'm already finding the club somewhere between disinterested and contemptuous of fans who travel long distances to support the club.

15 hours ago, Big C said:

A game rearranged at quite short notice  kicking of a few minutes later to accommodate a pre booked event at Ashton Gate which bring extra revenue in. Honestly what are BS doing???

Exactly! I don't think someone is grasping the fact this is a hastily rearranged game because of Fulham's FA cup game, which also means as they are playing on Sunday we can't offer the more normal Tuesday. This pre booked event was probably arranged months ago, hardly fair to cancel that now and lose money and possible future events just because we can't move by 15 minutes.

Also we have played it that week to slot a home game into our otherwise 4 away games on the bounce. I think the club and Fulham have been quite accommodating on this occasion. 

I do honestly sympathise with those who travel longer distsnces than I to get to games, @Oléwho posted above for example. Yes 15 minutes does make a lot of difference when catching trains etc, when there is no option for later trains. I wonder if the club have every surveyed where prop,e travel from on a regular basis, but they probably aren't that bothered. People can either get to the match or they can't. 

30 minutes ago, RedM said:

Exactly! I don't think someone is grasping the fact this is a hastily rearranged game because of Fulham's FA cup game, which also means as they are playing on Sunday we can't offer the more normal Tuesday. This pre booked event was probably arranged months ago, hardly fair to cancel that now and lose money and possible future events just because we can't move by 15 minutes.

Also we have played it that week to slot a home game into our otherwise 4 away games on the bounce. I think the club and Fulham have been quite accommodating on this occasion. 

I do honestly sympathise with those who travel longer distsnces than I to get to games, @Oléwho posted above for example. Yes 15 minutes does make a lot of difference when catching trains etc, when there is no option for later trains. I wonder if the club have every surveyed where prop,e travel from on a regular basis, but they probably aren't that bothered. People can either get to the match or they can't. 

Agreed. I'd imagine 95% of the (home) crowd will be coming from Bristol anyway so they are catering for the majority.

They've started laying on buses to get people to and from Ashton Gate as well so that's a step in the right direction.

Obviously annoying for exiles, but what's that old saying about pleasing people...?

1 hour ago, Olé said:

Thank you to whoever changed the thread title, was unaware the KO time had changed as well.

15 minutes might not mean much to most (god knows I miss the days I lived round the corner from the ground), but there is only one train after a City midweek game back to London - and several ST holders, not all on OTIB, who do the roundtrip to every game - and on a 19:45 game by the time you get out of the (still) pathetic clear out time of the Dolman (one of the things the shiny new stadium never bothered to fix), and beaten crowds on Ashton Road, and walked at pace to Temple Meads, you make the train with only 5-10 minutes to spare.

So yeah, 15 minutes makes a big ****ing difference (and forget taxi - they just get stuck in the traffic and have to resort to cutting through Asda car park to stand a chance - probably even worse now with the Metrobus closures). Okay, not the end of the world, just a shame to have to be clock watching and leave before injury time just because of short-sighted planning. For everyone saying how much difference is 15 minutes, well surely the same applies to clearing up the prior event. Can't do that 15 minutes quicker? Hire an extra pair of hands?

Incidentally, I have far far less experience and miles on the clock than many on here of watching City long distance (I've only been doing it for 3-4 years) but in my limited experience I'm already finding the club somewhere between disinterested and contemptuous of fans who travel long distances to support the club.

At least we haven't got SOD banging on about supporting your local club , mine is in French Ligue 1 .

Perhaps City don't want exiles at the Gate .

:sad26:

1 hour ago, Olé said:

It's a good point Rob, also, won't Fulham fans be wanting to get that same train as well?

Archived