IGNORED

OTIB's all-time XI - Goalkeeper

Benjam!n Ultra

6 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Not going to be many players making the OTIB best of team who played before 1990 due to age demographic of forum users

Agreed.As an example, on the fullback thread I loved Micky Bell, but even though not his favoured position - anyone voting for Geoff Merrick ..?

I doubt if either of my favourites would win a poll because they are from so long ago.

The best keeper was IMO, Jan Muller but as he only spent one year with us, I don't feel he should be included as this represents a very small portion of his career. 

The best keepers who played the majority or all of their career with City are Mike Gibson and Tony Cook. Cook's ability on crosses against Gibbo who left most of them for centre half Jack Connor, tips Tony Cook in favour for me. 

But as so few on here will even have heard of him, he won't be the eventual winner.

2 hours ago, Benjam!n Ultra said:

To get away from how shit we currently are we are all going to vote in City's best ever XI in a 4-4-2 formation.

For each position you will have 24 hours to nominate your choice and after the 24 hours are up I will begin a poll which will last 24 hours in which you'll vote for your pick of the top 5 nominated players for that position. 

First up it's obviously who goes in between the sticks. Poll will be up at 3pm tomorrow. 

Nomination: Tom Heaton. 

Here we go again: Adriano Basso (superior to Jan Möller)

Archived