IGNORED

OTIB's all-time XI - Goalkeeper

Benjam!n Ultra

8 hours ago, richwwtk said:

Keith Waugh

Almost....but my top keeper was....

3 hours ago, john from high littleton said:

Yep,  I agree...... Jan Moller was amazing.  Big,  commanding and agile. We should have cloned him when we had the chance! 

Perfect goalie.  You sum him up brilliant John.

I only saw Basso live once v Watford - didn't concede, saved a pen, but can't really give it to him.

Waughie made the best save I saw, home to Chester...one of those infamous wrong handed saves.

But Möller for me.

22 hours ago, Benjam!n Ultra said:

To get away from how shit we currently are we are all going to vote in City's best ever XI in a 4-4-2 formation.

For each position you will have 24 hours to nominate your choice and after the 24 hours are up I will begin a poll which will last 24 hours in which you'll vote for your pick of the top 5 nominated players for that position. 

First up it's obviously who goes in between the sticks. Poll will be up at 3pm tomorrow. 

Nomination: Tom Heaton. 

Seen then all since Mike Gibson , for me Basso was special , brilliant keeper and character 

2 minutes ago, Cov 77 said:

Seen then all since Mike Gibson , for me Basso was special , brilliant keeper and character 

An hour and a half to go for nominations, those saying either/or I'm taking neither, only one per person. 

Looks like two have definitely made the final vote, maybe three, tight at the bottom though. 

Just realised I can't edit my OP now so will have to start a new thread for the vote. 

21 hours ago, Derek from Nailsea said:

Ronnie Sinclair was quality in the Joe Jordan promotion Team

21 hours ago, Rednwhiterob said:

Mark Prudhoe

20 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Billy Mercer

These three are right up there for me. All excellent keepers

We've had some really good keepers, but no one that stands head and shoulders above any other. Sinclair was excellent in JJs promotion team, as Derek has already said, so as that is my fav team of all time I guess he gets my vote

Honourable mentions to Waugh, Leaning & Welch as well

19 hours ago, pongo88 said:

How on earth can you have a poll on City's best all-time XI / goalkeeper when nobody has watched City's since  it was formed over 100 years ago? The poll will just reflect the demographic of the forum - i e older members will vote for people who have played scince the 50s / 60s, whilst younger ones will only vote for those who have played in the last 10-20 years. Crazy

I think Lee Johnson started this poll to divert attention from all the polls referring to him

21 hours ago, pongo88 said:

How on earth can you have a poll on City's best all-time XI / goalkeeper when nobody has watched City's since  it was formed over 100 years ago? The poll will just reflect the demographic of the forum - i e older members will vote for people who have played scince the 50s / 60s, whilst younger ones will only vote for those who have played in the last 10-20 years. Crazy

Very true. Annan, City's goalie in 1905-06 only let in 28 goals in 38 games. His 1960 counterpart, Tony Cook, conceded 97 in 42 games. Odd thing is, many older people have fond memories of TC.

2 hours ago, stephenkibby. said:

1 Gibo, 2 Barry Watling, 3  Jock Mahoney. :shifty:

Thanks for reminding us of Barry & Jock. They only had limited opportunities for 1st team games, but they were more than adequate when Mike G was injured.

Archived