IGNORED

Samuel Armenteros

Baldyman

10 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Interesting to read that our summer trialist who we rejected is now 6th top scorer in the Dutch Premier League this season ! 

As the great Captain Blackadder would say ....... "Bugger" ! 

:grr:

you might find it was Darling in the final episode and the quote is "Oh Bugger"

8 minutes ago, spudski said:

Eredivisie used to be awesome in the 70's and 80's.

Dutch, and teams from the old East German Oberliga, had some of the finest football kits ever produced.

My first year getting into my footy was 1978 . What a side the Dutch had at the World Cup that year ! Ari Hann, Jonny Rep and the Van der Kerkof brothers to name but a few ! On the subject of kits , I think it was about then that Coventry had their classic brown and white strip !! Priceless ! 

2 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

My first year getting into my footy was 1978 . What a side the Dutch had at the World Cup that year ! Ari Hann, Jonny Rep and the Van der Kerkof brothers to name but a few ! On the subject of kits , I think it was about then that Coventry had their classic brown and yellow strip !! Priceless ! 

Best kits ever were in the 70's mate. Right across the globe. Went downhill when they introduced widespread advertising on shirts.

Plus you had geezers like this playing ;-)

abe.jpg

1 minute ago, spudski said:

Best kits ever were in the 70's mate. Right across the globe. Went downhill when they introduced widespread advertising on shirts.

abe.jpg

Now that's what's needed to replace those groomed beards that every player in the world seems to have these days !  

3 minutes ago, spudski said:

abe.jpg

Can't be real.  There was a spillage of iron filings in the Panini factory that day! :P

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

For all of you not steeped in the history of the brown kit....it didn't go well with ginger.

That's Ian Wallace, not Alan Brazil.

I had the Wales Subbuteo kit of the same ilk.

IMG_0864.JPG

IMG_0865.JPG

NTTDS you are not supposed to have more than one logon :-)

7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

For all of you not steeped in the history of the brown kit....it didn't go well with ginger.

That's Ian Wallace, not Alan Brazil.

I had the Wales Subbuteo kit of the same ilk.

IMG_0864.JPG

IMG_0865.JPG

That Admiral template was used by a few teams across the globe mate. I've had to research it, and replicate for a commission  in the past. I had the brown kit by special order from Subbuteo back in the day. Rare as hens teeth now.

admiral.jpg

15 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Oh I don't know . Go ahead Eagles would have to be worth a watch just to find out who the **** they are !!! 

I've got a friend who's a mad keen eagles fan, and has followed them since the 70's. Red white and yellow home kit. They had a lovely purple away kit in the 70's too.

Our friends from Willem II could tell you more about them.

20 minutes ago, spudski said:

I've got a friend who's a mad keen eagles fan, and has followed them since the 70's. Red white and yellow home kit. They had a lovely purple away kit in the 70's too.

Our friends from Willem II could tell you more about them.

who on earth would ever wear a purple away kit ?  As if .

Archived