IGNORED

York City vs Bristol City October 1995

Smokey

I was just talking with my mates about going to away games to watch City, when I mentioned I was at York when Louis Carey made his debut. Has anyone got the teams line ups for that match? I can remember we won 1-0 and Kevin Nugent scored. I thought Scott Patterson got sent off and I thought it was a bank holiday monday game, but my memory is playing tricks on me and it was actually a saturday game.

17 minutes ago, smokey live said:

I was just talking with my mates about going to away games to watch City, when I mentioned I was at York when Louis Carey made his debut. Has anyone got the teams line ups for that match? I can remember we won 1-0 and Kevin Nugent scored. I thought Scott Patterson got sent off and I thought it was a bank holiday monday game, but my memory is playing tricks on me and it was actually a saturday game.

The only bank holiday game I remember up there was in May 1988 when Ralph Milne scored that screamer to pretty much get us into the playoffs. My birthday as it happens!

By early October 1995 only Hull kept City off the bottom. In 10 League games, six goals had been scored and 14 conceded. Jordan acted quickly by signing a defender, Darren Barnard from Chelsea and he scored on his debut as Hull were beaten 4-0. This was followed by a 2-0 midweek win in the Autoglass Windscreen Shield, the competition for clubs in the bottom two divisions. Finally on Saturday October 21st, City won away for the first time, 1-0 at York.

21/10/95

Dykstra (tache);

Paterson (hair bair bunch, spectacularly poor); Dryden (fat gAss); Bryant (local, heroic); Carey (local, heroic); Barnard (not local but still heroic); 

Kuhl (ageing, fouling, Pompeii rubbish); Bent (Junior); Owers (splendid); Edwards (balding but good); 

Nugent (top bloke).

Sub: Shail (local, heroic, esp his nose) for Carey.

5 minutes ago, EnclosureSurge said:

21/10/95

Dykstra (tache);

Paterson (hair bair bunch, spectacularly poor); Dryden (fat gAss); Bryant (local, heroic); Carey (local, heroic); Barnard (not local but still heroic); 

Kuhl (ageing, fouling, Pompeii rubbish); Bent (Junior); Owers (splendid); Edwards (balding but good); 

Nugent (top bloke).

I think this should be a new Player Ratings format going forward.

32 minutes ago, EnclosureSurge said:

21/10/95

Dykstra (tache);

Nugent (top bloke).

Thank you

3 hours ago, EnclosureSurge said:

21/10/95

Dykstra (tache);

Nugent (top bloke).

spot on with the line up   had 2 other unused subs  Tinnion  and Seal  ,  I rember this match  well   my first visit there  and watch  from the back of the   grandstand     ,   Elsewhere on this thread   some one thought it may have been a bank holiday ,  Reckon the the Ralph Milne 87th minute winner  again  0 -1  to take us into the play offs a few years later  was the match was in the mind     Happy days in York    Another match I recall up there was been presented with a programme as part othe admission fee at the turnstile

Archived