IGNORED

If you think City are poor

bs3

1 hour ago, Keepers Ball said:

So we have to share the stadium, have their unsightly paraphanalia everywhere and have foreign markings on the pitch just to accomodate a second rate tinpot rugby team that took forever to get in the top division only to surrender after only one season

Memorial Stadium that way >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>    off you trot

Have to say i agree with this.. all the hype of there promotion and what a horrendous season it has been for them. Lets be honest its been just as good as an annoyance having them here this season.

2 hours ago, bs3 said:

You should be at the Gate now , watching Bristol, they are absolute dog poo.

It's very frustrating, Bristol could and should be one of, if not the best side in the country, they have arguably the best ground in the premiership. I thought they would have had the backing to have a real go this season but they look like going down, which would be an absolute disaster, you have to wonder what would be the point of continuing if they cant be competitive, even there most die hard supporters will probably have had enough.

1 minute ago, redapple said:

They were a poor team who played below par . To many mistakes . Quinn's just had to play half -decent and they did. 

Unforced errors has been the story all season. Tonight losing two line outs highlighted a dreadful performance.

It was dire.

1 hour ago, Tipps69 said:

And wouldn't that just make some people happy?!?

Not happy unless they've got something to moan at!!

When will people stop these type of comments?  Sorry Tipps I picked on your post but there are so many posts like this!

Don't personally care about Rugby but the fact that both the 'flagship' teams in the BS portfolio are failing means surely questions should be asked.

Those questioning do WANT the 'project' to succeed and WANT to win games, however it is clearly failing and therefore questions clearly should be asked at the highest level.

8 minutes ago, PolskRed said:

:facepalm:

if that did happen would people finally accept that despite his best intentions, maybe SL is not making the best decisions in both teams interests, I don't know how we can come to any other conclusion, what other reason can there be that despite generous backing both clubs are having bad seasons 

2 hours ago, WTFiGO!?! said:

To be fair to Steve Lansdown he is fighting a losing battle as sport is low on the priority list of the majority of Bristol's inhabitants.

No. He is fighting it with the wrong business plan.

There is clear support, even this season, for both codes but there is something decidedly wrong with BS model. What a complete mess.

Bristol Sport aren't at fault for the inability of the senior management at the rugby club.

Handing Robinson a new deal was just not logical, while claiming "a premier league squad" was just delusional.

likwise, Bristol Sport have no affect on the football club, who I think are far better run.

Relegation will be a disaster, and I hope it doesn't mean the "fans zone" is no longer viable.  

26 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

A miserable performance by Bris. So today should be similar? Derby will win as usual and I'll be at the Millennium to see those bloody English crush us again.

After the game all trains to England will be cancelled so I'll have to walk home to Burnham. Hope it's low tide!

Surely high tide would be better mate. You could just keep on walking until the water went over your head a la Reggie Perrin.:blink:

34 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

A miserable performance by Bris. So today should be similar? Derby will win as usual and I'll be at the Millennium to see those bloody English crush us again.

After the game all trains to England will be cancelled so I'll have to walk home to Burnham. Hope it's low tide!

I will stand at the end of the slipway with a candle held up..................just head for that :laughcont:

10 hours ago, RumRed said:

When will people stop these type of comments?  Sorry Tipps I picked on your post but there are so many posts like this!

Don't personally care about Rugby but the fact that both the 'flagship' teams in the BS portfolio are failing means surely questions should be asked.

Those questioning do WANT the 'project' to succeed and WANT to win games, however it is clearly failing and therefore questions clearly should be asked at the highest level.

Not an issue in pulling my name up mate.

But there is a difference between people who support the club & want the best for it & want us to win every game & those that support the club but are happy to see us fail so they can say "I told you so"!!

And that is where we have got to once again, those that want LJ to fail just so it makes them look like they know what they are talking about.

The truth is that hindsight is a wonderful thing & during pre-season when LJ had guided us to safety & signed LT for a record fee & brought in all the other players & then with the start of the season we had where we were in a play-off place, there were very few voices of discontent but after a poor run there are people that want him out of the door after literally a year in the job!!

I may now be in the minority but I just feel any head coach / manager deserves longer than a year in the job, especially after overseeing the huge amount of player turnover & helping to implement things in the club that will benefit us for many years to come.

29 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

Not an issue in pulling my name up mate.

But there is a difference between people who support the club & want the best for it & want us to win every game & those that support the club but are happy to see us fail so they can say "I told you so"!!

And that is where we have got to once again, those that want LJ to fail just so it makes them look like they know what they are talking about.

The truth is that hindsight is a wonderful thing & during pre-season when LJ had guided us to safety & signed LT for a record fee & brought in all the other players & then with the start of the season we had where we were in a play-off place, there were very few voices of discontent but after a poor run there are people that want him out of the door after literally a year in the job!!

I may now be in the minority but I just feel any head coach / manager deserves longer than a year in the job, especially after overseeing the huge amount of player turnover & helping to implement things in the club that will benefit us for many years to come.

I sincerely hope your optimism is rewarded, believe me most people on this forum would like to be proved wrong, though I don't think you believe that

22 minutes ago, pillred said:

I sincerely hope your optimism is rewarded, believe me most people on this forum would like to be proved wrong, though I don't think you believe that

I don't believe that everyone wants the club to struggle but there are certainly more people that are vocal about their wish for the club to struggle now than there was during the summer or the first few months of the season so that LJ is replaced & I'm just of the belief that continuity can lead to huge benefits for the club rather than changing a head coach / manager every year.

11 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

I don't believe that everyone wants the club to struggle but there are certainly more people that are vocal about their wish for the club to struggle now than there was during the summer or the first few months of the season so that LJ is replaced & I'm just of the belief that continuity can lead to huge benefits for the club rather than changing a head coach / manager every year.

with the price of failure though, it's a brave chairman that doesn't pull the trigger unfortunately

18 hours ago, Ivorguy said:

No. He is fighting it with the wrong business plan.

There is clear support, even this season, for both codes but there is something decidedly wrong with BS model. What a complete mess.

I also have major hang ups with Bristol Sport, I don't like the cooperate element at all.  I am a traditionalist.

However, the city of Bristol characteristically is not a big sporting player.  This won't be changed by however much cash or whatever business plan Steve Lansdown throws at it.  

I am a proud Bristolian but sadly, national sporting representation is not our trump card.  This is the main problem.

10 hours ago, WTFiGO!?! said:

I also have major hang ups with Bristol Sport, I don't like the cooperate element at all.  I am a traditionalist.

However, the city of Bristol characteristically is not a big sporting player.  This won't be changed by however much cash or whatever business plan Steve Lansdown throws at it.  

I am a proud Bristolian but sadly, national sporting representation is not our trump card.  This is the main problem.

How true. You can have as many local entrepreneurs with driving ambitions as you like but while you have a largely disinterested (and in some cases totally opposed) populace and a council that doesn`t give a stuff it will never get any better I fear.

Biggest village in England is Bristol.

Archived