IGNORED

Paul Gascoigne

TomBCFCUK

Gazza might be signing for boston,do you think it would be a good idea for us to sign him or even tinman could try and give him a week trial training with the lads next week or something i would love to see him in a city shirt but to be honest i dunno how good he is at football now.

You have to be joking - surely !!!!

Why would we want to sign a 37 year old, who hasn't played competetive football for several years now. Boston are only talking to him about a part time coaching role, not as a player.

He's unfit (saw him on GMTV the other day, and he is unfit !!!), has a drug / drink problem (don't deny it, he's written a book all about it !!!) and would probably want £10k a week.

Rather we signed young talent with a future, not some-one who would only be here to try to desperately revive his long time dead career.

:blink::rolleyes::blink:

Ok, I stand corrected - player / coach.

It said part-time coaching role on Teletext yesterday !!!

Still wouldn't want him here though !!

Let Boston have the Media Circus that will follow, and watch it all come crashing down around them when he's dragged totally leg-less out of a local strip club one night and they sack him.

:blink: :Cool27: :Party3: :blink:

Its nice to see he got your support Dave, I wish him every success in the game. He was englands finest at one stage and i admired him and I still do. OK he had a drug problem and was an acloholic but give the guy some credit, he has been clean for over a year now and hes getting back to what he loves best and that is football. I would of loved to have seen him down the gate a couple of years ago alcoholic or not, i love the bloke.

i think we should get him player/coach

i am in the middle of reading his book and he sounds so keen to play football again give it one last final shot i think we should give him a a chance - but realisticly it wont happen

Guest markie-dangerous

i'm sure some of you (us) have had our problems in the past so one would know how hard it is to break the mould that you set for yourself, even moreso when you have the worlds media buying you the next drink. i would have the lad in to coach the kids, people do change. :blink:

Guest simmos the gaffer
i'm sure some of you (us) have had our problems in the past so one would know how hard it is to break the mould that you set for yourself, even moreso when you have the worlds media buying you the next drink. i would have the lad in to coach the kids, people do change.  :blink:

Good point. We should have got him in a couple of seasons back, when we were thinking of it. Even now if he was fit and we offered to pay him just for the games he played he'd do a good job (imagine how often he would put a pinpoint pass on Murray's toe!). The increase in the crowd would pay for any appearances!

The trouble with having him as a coach is that he can't teach what he has or had. I'm sure he would find that frustrating. Although he would be able to pass on some of his experiences to the kids who at least should be frightened off of the booze!!!!

:blink:

Gazza is really trying to make up for the mistakes he made in the past. Having him here could even help our problem we have with players going out on the (I tried to say a naughty word).

Gazza is one of the best English players in relatively recent times however his problem with drink ruined it for him. he knows this and fair play to the bloke for kicking the habit and wanting to help others now.

He would be agreat coach and mentor however at his age after a year out of football i don't think he would be good enough to play.

I think we should go for him as a coach, also add the playing side to the contract just to try him out as we don't have to play him as long as we tell him that.

But anyone who says that we don't want an alcoholic at our club should feel ashmaed to kick down a footballing great who has learnt his lesson and is trying to stop other making his mistake.

Ok, I stand corrected - player / coach.

It said part-time coaching role on Teletext yesterday !!!

Still wouldn't want him here though !!

Let Boston have the Media Circus that will follow, and watch it all come crashing down around them when he's dragged totally leg-less out of a local strip club one night and they sack him.

:blink:  :Cool27:  :Party3:  :blink:

I go to Boston from time to time and I think he could be safe there, as I doubt they have a strip club - I think the library is the liveliest thing in town ( not true in case anyone from Boston's reading this!).

Knowing that Gazza can be daft as a brush, I wonder whether he really thinks he's going to finish his career in America? I bet he'll be confused when his agent sugggests driving there and back in a day!

Paul Gascoigne is a living legend in my eyes. The guy was probably one the most technically gifted players to grace English football, the likes of which some of us might never see again, although Rooney is stepping into Gazzas shoes, in a footballing sense.

As a Rangers fan, I have fond memories of Gazza ripping Celtic apart on numerous occasions, the love affair he had with the fans and some unbelievable goals. He won the league in 1998 for Rangers single handedly with an amazing hat-trick against Aberdeen. The man was/is a genius. Funniest moment in football, while playing against Hibs at Ibrox, the referee, dropped his yellow card to the ground, being the joker, Gazza picked up the card and jokingly showed the referee the card. The referee, who was obviously mugged of a sense of humour, inturn took the card and booked Gazza for ungentlemanly conduct. The media had a field day.

Boston are trying to sign someone who if he is in the right frame of mind, could teach younger players how to play real football. There could be no better teacher than Gazza.

Ok his personal life finally got the better of him, but he is human after all. He struggled through life just like the rest of us. He may have money, but i think Gazza is a shining example that money wont buy happiness!!

Gazza will always live on if nothing else as a legend in the Rangers fans eyes :blink:

Guest gibb86

it is a part time coach role he aint playing altough the welsh champions t?? sports are intrested as him in a player- coach role

Archived