IGNORED

Well done to City and LJ for a cracking point

reddogkev

I'm not of the mind-set to fester, reflect on the negative, or fixate on the fact we drew 3-3 after leading 3-0.

Instead I'm going to celebrate a well-earned point, and raise several glasses to the fact we didn't lose 4-3 (which we must've all feared).

A point away to Derby is a cracking result, irrespective of the finer details.

Don't forget, 3 games undefeated, building a bit of confidence now.  And as for the fans there today, you lucky sods, must've been one hell of a match!

If we could do something about our defending though lads - cheers!

3 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

I'm not of the mind-set to fester, reflect on the negative, or fixate on the fact we drew 3-3 after leading 3-0.

Instead I'm going to celebrate a well-earned point, and raise several glasses to the fact we didn't lose 4-3 (which we must've all feared).

Don't forget, 3 games undefeated, building a bit of confidence now.  And as for the fans there today, you lucky sods, must've been one hell of a match!

Building confidence?! I think all confidence was lost when it went to 3-3 and they could have add a 4 on 2 attempts which went narrowly wide. 

5 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

No its not a cracking result. We were 3-0 up.

4 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

I'm not convinced throwing away a 3-0 lead does much for confidence. I admire your positivity, it's a refreshing antidote to many on here, but let's not pretend failing to win with a 3 goal advantage after nearly an hour is in any way satisfying.

6 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Surely you jest.

8 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Leave it out. We were 1-3 up with about half hour to go. Not good enough 

OP apologies but I cannot agree, I admire you're outlook on the result. We were 0-3 up at HT and we end up drawing 3-3? No matter how utterly shot the confidence is, you cannot do that. Absolutely ******* criminal, we deserve to be in a relo dogfight!!!

By the way, I would imagine you are in for some stick for this ill-timed topic....

1 minute ago, reformed_red said:

Well done to the business manager who, after building a portfolio worth £500million, blew it all but still ended up with £157.89 more than when he started and an impressive stockpile of stationary. 

Context is everything.

Difference being that the business manager could have sold his business when it was worth £500m.  Not like we could cash in a 3-0 scoreline for 3 points is it. It's a poor analogy.

We just got a point away at Derby. It's a good result.

11 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Red, how many times have we thrown away a decent lead this season ?  I just isn't good enough and the Manager needs to man up and take the blame.

It's a good result, great to see the scorers score as they did granted- and we didn't lose any ground with teams beneath- again good thing.

But- that was appalling 2nd half. Appalling- did we stay 4-4-2 too long? Quite possibly, terrible collapse- as it turned out Burton and Wigan lost and Blackburn could only draw with Rotherham. QPR, Forest, Brentford, Villa all lost so not a BAD day but could it have been significantly better.

11 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

And as for the fans there today, you lucky sods, must've been one hell of a match!

That's a pretty odd perspective! Throwing a 3 nil lead away would have me tearing my hair out, not thanking my lucky stars I'd witnessed one of the more spectacular collapses...Sheff. Weds was bad enough...this must have been torture!

2 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Difference being that the business manager could have sold his business when it was worth £500m.  Not like we could cash in a 3-0 scoreline for 3 points is it. It's a poor analogy.

We just got a point away at Derby. It's a good result.

It's a reasonable analogy.

A good business manager sells the business at the peak of its value; a good football manager closes a game down when his side is 3 goals up.

16 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Don't forget, 3 games undefeated, building a bit of confidence now. And as for the fans there today, you lucky sods, must've been one hell of a match!

Any confidence built from the Wednesday and Rotherham games and the first half today will have been absolutely shattered after that. Back to the drawing board for the players.

For me, the biggest positive of today would be Wigans late defeat at Fulham after being 2-1 up, and Burtons hammering at Brighton. That wont do their belief any good either. 

15 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Sorry,i cant agree.After three nil up to come back with a point feels like a loss from where i'm standing.

5 minutes ago, Red white and red said:

OP apologies but I cannot agree, I admire you're outlook on the result. We were 0-3 up at HT and we end up drawing 3-3? No matter how utterly shot the confidence is, you cannot do that. Absolutely ******* criminal, we deserve to be in a relo dogfight!!!

By the way, I would imagine you are in for some stick for this ill-timed topic....

No need to apologise, and disagreement is absolutely fine!  I'm not remotely fazed by a bit of stick on a forum.

Honestly feel this is a good point!  Call me crazy!

Of course, easy to become bitter and resentful of the fact we could have won this game today, but what's the point in that???

8 minutes ago, Red said:

LJ knows we can play 442 and have the striking power to score. Now he has to find that ability to keep hold of a lead and find the weak links between midfield and defence and who is prone to switching off.

From previous matches we all know JoshB goes wandering and found lacking after 75 mins. Why he was still on is mind boggling. 

1 minute ago, reddogkev said:

No need to apologise, and disagreement is absolutely fine!  I'm not remotely fazed by a bit of stick on a forum.

Honestly feel this is a good point!  Call me crazy!

Of course, easy to become bitter and resentful of the fact we could have won this game today, but what's the point in that???

Maybe a bit of anger and resentment is all I have following this shower every game! Call me cynical...

1 minute ago, ChippenhamRed said:

It's a reasonable analogy.

A good business manager sells the business at the peak of its value; a good football manager closes a game down when his side is 3 goals up.

I disagree.

Regardless, it's still a decent result.  Heartbreaking, but decent overall.

I'm not excusing the fact that we exhibited the same frailties as against Rotherham (away), Sheff Wed (away), Cardiff, Reading etc...But the difference that this time we managed to build a big enough buffer that it wasn't a total disaster...just a partial disaster. Overall a point away at Derby is a decent result. 

3 minutes ago, Kim_il_sung said:

Any confidence built from the Wednesday and Rotherham games and the first half today will have been absolutely shattered after that. Back to the drawing board for the players.

For me, the biggest positive of today would be Wigans late defeat at Fulham after being 2-1 up, and Burtons hammering at Brighton. That wont do their belief any good either.

If I was the gaffer, I would be onto the players from the moment they were back in the changing room, "Don't forget the exceptional first half display, keep it at the front of your thoughts."

No point dwelling on the negatives.

Good point raised about the others slipping up.

22 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

We were 3 up,  we were 3 up , we were 3 up, we were 3 up, we were 3 up , we were 3 up

Archived