IGNORED

Well done to City and LJ for a cracking point

reddogkev

On the other hand, to contradict what I said earlier- good point yes, first half fantastic. Teams around us losing superb, Rotherham-Blackburn drawing- nearly a perfect day.

But the disappointing thing, the sad thing was as soon as that first went in...I think we all sort of knew didn't we. I had a deep sense of foreboding as soon as it went to 3-1. :(

4 minutes ago, FramptonRed said:

Actually i'm sitting down.

Normally a point against a side like Derby would have been excellent,especiallly with they're home form,but not considering we were three nil up.Can you not see this.

I agree that it is a disappointing turn of events.  However, it was surely surprising that we were 3-0 up at HT.  The number of posts on here prior to kick off predicting a thrashing to 0 show that.

It is therefore reasonable to take a measured view of the match as a whole, without focusing on the ebs and flows within the game and within the scoreline.  On that basis, as you say, a point away against a strong and in form Derby side is actually a positive result.  People in football so often say "only the result matters" well...yes they are correct...so apply that here.  Only the result matters.

Unbeaten in 3 btw.

6 minutes ago, FramptonRed said:

Actually i'm sitting down.

Normally a point against a side like Derby would have been excellent,especiallly with they're home form,but not considering we were three nil up.Can you not see this.

I can see it, but I'm taking a lot of solace in the fact we didn't lose 4-3.  If that had happened, I'd now be hunting LJ down like a dog in the street!!!

And I haven't seen their penalty or read about it, so not sure if it was deserved etc...

It's a point at Derby, yes it should have been 3, but surely the fact that it should have been 3 shows how well we did? 

I'm sorry but I'm choosing the bright side of life, actually scoring 3 at pride park will give us loads of confidence. 

A very good point earned indeed.

4 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

I agree that it is a disappointing turn of events.  However, it was surely surprising that we were 3-0 up at HT.  The number of posts on here prior to kick off predicting a thrashing to 0 show that.

It is therefore reasonable to take a measured view of the match as a whole, without focusing on the ebs and flows within the game and within the scoreline.  On that basis, as you say, a point away against a strong and in form Derby side is actually a positive result.  People in football so often say "only the result matters" well...yes they are correct...so apply that here.  Only the result matters.

Unbeaten in 3 btw.

You cannot throw away a 3 nil lead at this level. It is simply unacceptable as we have done it too many times this season.

31 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Probably would have been easier to lose 4-0. 

Don't really understand that statement. 

Yes we should have won having been 3-0 up but suprised we didn't lost 4-3

happy with a point at the start of the day, lucky we held on in the end but still poor.... however happier with a point than to lose 4-0

5 minutes ago, KingLear said:

It's a point at Derby, yes it should have been 3, but surely the fact that it should have been 3 shows how well we did? 

I'm sorry but I'm choosing the bright side of life, actually scoring 3 at pride park will give us loads of confidence. 

A very good point earned indeed.

That's all very well and good in a you score, they score game.. NOT in a 3-0 up and coasting one

4 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

I can see it, but I'm taking a lot of solace in the fact we didn't lose 4-3.  If that had happened, I'd now be hunting LJ down like a dog in the street!!!

And I haven't seen their penalty or read about it, so not sure if it was deserved etc...

I think we'll have to agree to disagree on this one,but everyones entitled to an opinion and i respect yours.

1 minute ago, AppyDAZE said:

That's all very well and good in a you score, they score game.. NOT in a 3-0 up and coasting one

In the grand scheme of things i.e. actually staying in this division, does it matter? Genuine question, if we had been 0-3 down at half time at gone on to snatch a point this forum would be rejoicing, wouldn't it? 

30 minutes ago, Londoner said:

No its not a cracking result. We were 3-0 up.

Another bs comment from you

36 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

I'm not of the mind-set to fester, reflect on the negative, or fixate on the fact we drew 3-3 after leading 3-0.

Instead I'm going to celebrate a well-earned point, and raise several glasses to the fact we didn't lose 4-3 (which we must've all feared).

A point away to Derby is a cracking result, irrespective of the finer details.

Don't forget, 3 games undefeated, building a bit of confidence now.  And as for the fans there today, you lucky sods, must've been one hell of a match!

If we could do something about our defending though lads - cheers!

Agree with this who would've taken a point at the start of today? Exactly. The negativity in this forum is too harsh and it needs to stop. So stop moaning and being grumpy and be happy with a point when it could've easily been worse.

Just now, KingLear said:

In the grand scheme of things i.e. actually staying in this division, does it matter? Genuine question, if we had been 0-3 down at half time at gone on to snatch a point this forum would be rejoicing, wouldn't it? 

uh?   well of course... then it would be Derby fans saying what I am   don't really see what you're saying

29 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Difference being that the business manager could have sold his business when it was worth £500m.  Not like we could cash in a 3-0 scoreline for 3 points is it. It's a poor analogy.

We just got a point away at Derby. It's a good result.

Have to disagree.

Before the game, I expected us to lose. 

At 1-0, I would take a point. Even at 2-0.

But at 3-0, with just over 30 minutes to play, I wouldn't take a point. I would wholeheartedly EXPECT us to win. It's a terrible point, given the context of the match. At 3-0 up, with 30 minutes to play, if we can't metaphorically "cash in", then I would suggest there is something very very wrong at our football club. 

42 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

I'm not of the mind-set to fester, reflect on the negative, or fixate on the fact we drew 3-3 after leading 3-0.

Instead I'm going to celebrate a well-earned point, and raise several glasses to the fact we didn't lose 4-3 (which we must've all feared).

A point away to Derby is a cracking result, irrespective of the finer details.

Don't forget, 3 games undefeated, building a bit of confidence now.  And as for the fans there today, you lucky sods, must've been one hell of a match!

If we could do something about our defending though lads - cheers!

we have spent nearly £20M this season. It's a poor result. 

35 minutes ago, reformed_red said:

Well done to the business manager who, after building a portfolio worth £500million, blew it all but still ended up with £157.89 more than when he started and an impressive stockpile of stationary. 

Context is everything.

I doubt you give a **** at this moment in time but

you have a stationary car and a stationery pen

Happy to help - only thing I took from school that one !!

7 minutes ago, BigTone said:

You cannot throw away a 3 nil lead at this level. It is simply unacceptable as we have done it too many times this season.

At any level you get the same number of points for a win, lose, or draw.  So throwing away a 3-0 lead has the same level of acceptability regardless of the level.

Secondly - did we "throw it away"? Honest question as I wasn't there.  I've read the BBC report and checked the stats - they'd suggest a largely even game.  Derby poor first half, we were poor second half.  Wasted chances from both.  

As @KingLear says above "if we had been 0-3 down at half time at gone on to snatch a point this forum would be rejoicing, wouldn't it?"

As I said above, and as many people say post-match, only the result matters in the end.

5 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

uh?   well of course... then it would be Derby fans saying what I am   don't really see what you're saying

What I'm saying is a point is a point, regardless of whether you're 3-0 up or 0-3 down.

What I'm saying is a point away at Pride Park is a cracking point, especially for a team who have very recently lost 8 on the bounce.

2 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

At any level you get the same number of points for a win, lose, or draw.  So throwing away a 3-0 lead has the same level of acceptability regardless of the level.

My point is that we have done similar on many occasions.

NO it is not acceptable at this level of competition.

32 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

No need to apologise, and disagreement is absolutely fine!  I'm not remotely fazed by a bit of stick on a forum.

Honestly feel this is a good point!  Call me crazy!

Of course, easy to become bitter and resentful of the fact we could have won this game today, but what's the point in that???

It was a good point before the game but not with half hour to go 

Just now, KingLear said:

What I'm saying is a point is a point, regardless of whether you're 3-0 up or 0-3 down.

What I'm saying is a point away at Pride Park is a cracking point, especially for a team who have very recently lost 8 on the bounce.

I got you.. you are right about the point. There is something seriously wrong the way we fold though  and I worry more about that than saying oh, we got a point happy days

We need to get something at Leeds Tuesday for the confidence to grow.

Sounds to me like the lads were excellent in the first half but ran out of steam in the second. Derby are very strong in midfield and I believe that is where we lost out .

Will Hughes and Tom 'bloody' Ince are top players .

Disappointed not to have won but delighted that we didn't lose . Another point to safety.

5 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

I got you.. you are right about the point. There is something seriously wrong the way we fold though  and I worry more about that than saying oh, we got a point happy days

Absolutely, don't get me wrong losing from 3-0 up is a collapse and serious questions need to be asked, I'm 100% with you there.

I just think that the fact we were 3-0 up, away at Derby in the first place in the context of our season was excellent.

13 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Secondly - did we "throw it away"? Honest question as I wasn't there.  I've read the BBC report and checked the stats - they'd suggest a largely even game.  Derby poor first half, we were poor second half.  Wasted chances from both.  

We did. You enter that pitch for the second half and know you say to the opposition we have a 3 goal head start... do your worst. 

It is not simply conceding 3 goals, its conceding 3 goals from a position of such ascendency. 

26 minutes ago, Flint says No said:

Another bs comment from you

Agree with this who would've taken a point at the start of today? Exactly. The negativity in this forum is too harsh and it needs to stop. So stop moaning and being grumpy and be happy with a point when it could've easily been worse.

Oh come on, seriously! Of course we would have all taken a point. But we were 3,THREE nil up. 

You aren't related to the ex Iraqi information minister are you ;)

4 minutes ago, Flint says No said:

Ik but there's no need to be so negative 

And there's equally no need to be so positive.  

We're in a bad way and in a relegation scrap, our players showed we could compete, then either tactically or mentally we fell apart yet again.

That match is almost the story of our season so far, start brilliantly and capitulate, something has to be done.

Archived