Charlie BCFC

Positives 

1. We got a very important point.

2. Tammy now joint second top scorer in the league with 18 league goals 

3. Now unbeaten in three

4. LJ made the right decision starting two strikers 

5. Looks like we made some good business in January

Negatives 

1. Need to stop losing leads would've had O'Neil on the bench and brought him on when Bent scored.

2. Substitutions were odd.

3. Not related to the match but people on this forum needs to stop being negative. Who would've taken a point before today? Exactly. So be happy with a point and stop being spoilt.

Going level with effectively 15 left to play - pretty sure we would have lost that more recently.

Sounded like we were still going at it at 3-1 up, and could have made it 4-1 on a couple of occasions. I suppose we did get 3-0 up!

Feels like a loss, but it us what it us.

1 minute ago, Fordy62 said:

I simply cannot believe that people keep saying that it's a positive that we got a point. 

Theyre all the same people that reference the fact we only lost by one I bet. 

I'm certainly not one of the ones you mention, but I do think it is a positive we got a point, not because it involved us throwing away a three goal lead, but because none of the rest of bottom six won.

Clearly, I'm gutted and concerned we cannot win games when three goals clear after 50 mins, but even with that in mind, glad we got something not nothing.

It's not 'great' or 'tremendous' or 'brilliant', and carries with it concerns, but in the context of other team's results, a point gain wasn't a negative.

Positives - alright then.

Wigan are rubbish,

Burton are rubbish,

Blackburn are rubbish.

We've got them all to play and have already beaten all three. We will finish above two of them and thats all we need. Cant think of anything else, other than the fact that we've got a very useful squad that should do well once we get somebody capable of managing in.

2nd top scorer in the league yet struggle to win games. Manager clearly cannot instruct a team to see games out or organise a defense, one of our best defenders is left out of the squad with a youth player on the bench despite making 20 odd signings for millions we have still not recruited for our poor fullbacks.

Spoilt at a point?

Do me a favour will you..what self help book are you reading or positivity CD are you listening to? because trying to get a positive out of a point gained when we had 3 in the bag is absolute nonsense. 

Its the blind eye belief that gets teams relegated. 

Would any of us have taken a point at 3pm..?of course. 

But to dress up a 0-3 away lead to then end up holding on at 3-3 is completely delusional. 

If it was Cotterill or SOD that would've threw away a 3 goal lead, weeks after leading the club to its record number of consecutive defeats, Lansdown would've pulled the trigger and come out and said how poor we've been and how a change is needed. 

I said on another topic but honestly, smiling and being happy with a point after being 3-0 up on 60 mins is the exact mentality that has us 3 points above relegation after spending millions in the summer, playing in a brand new stadium to the most fans we've ever been able to carry. 

If LJ had any balls he'd have gone ******* apeshit at those players at FT. Not brush it off and say focus on the positives, good point etc. 

Extremely angering and frustrating past 4 months as a fan of this club and to see the bigger picture of our current run and situation, mixed with run of fixtures, is so worrying.

51 minutes ago, Red white and red said:

How so? I'm fed up with us being so gutless all the time. As long as you keep backing him though. 

We've improved recently so not really gutless. We just had a hard fought point against arguably win of the best teams in the division so be happy and not a spoilt brat. 

45 minutes ago, Dynamite Red said:

2nd top scorer in the league yet struggle to win games. Manager clearly cannot instruct a team to see games out or organise a defense, one of our best defenders is left out of the squad with a youth player on the bench despite making 20 odd signings for millions we have still not recruited for our poor fullbacks.

Alright then didn't know you expected to win every game this season :facepalm:

47 minutes ago, Charliesboots said:

Spoilt at a point?

Do me a favour will you..what self help book are you reading or positivity CD are you listening to? because trying to get a positive out of a point gained when we had 3 in the bag is absolute nonsense. 

But to dress up a 0-3 away lead to then end up holding on at 3-3 is completely delusional. 

I'm starting to look at the dates members have joined the forum before bothering to reply to those delusional.  Anyone who's only joined since LJ and spouts all the positives as if they've swallowed an American motivational book is questionable.

Remember that daddy dearest took this place at least a little seriously so he would know.

1 hour ago, Flint says No said:

Positives 

1. We got a very important point.

2. Tammy now joint second top scorer in the league with 18 league goals 

3. Now unbeaten in three

4. LJ made the right decision starting two strikers 

5. Looks like we made some good business in January

Negatives 

1. Need to stop losing leads would've had O'Neil on the bench and brought him on when Bent scored.

2. Substitutions were odd.

3. Not related to the match but people on this forum needs to stop being negative. Who would've taken a point before today? Exactly. So be happy with a point and stop being spoilt.

4. LJ is still in a job.

19 minutes ago, Flint says No said:

We've improved recently so not really gutless. We just had a hard fought point against arguably win of the best teams in the division so be happy and not a spoilt brat. 

17 minutes ago, Flint says No said:

Because Derby are a very good team of it was Burton or something then it would be different.

14 minutes ago, Flint says No said:

Alright then didn't know you expected to win every game this season :facepalm:

You're being a bit childish here

1 hour ago, Charliesboots said:

Spoilt at a point?

You really don't know what you're talking about it was a great point against Derby. 

To draw when leading three nil is hard to take, I am bitterly disappointed. I was not at the game but it seems like we played really well (especially in the first half) and could (should) have added to our three goals. 

However, we gained a point away against a team who are doing well, we have gone three games without defeat and have five points from the last nine available.

Today we gained points on two of the teams below us (Burton and Wigan) and the five teams immediately above us all lost, three of these at home, Forest conceded five and had a man sent off and Brentford conceded four.

Had we won today it would have been superb, a draw - despite the circumstances - is still a decent outcome.

Our next opponents lost at home to Cardiff, ended up with ten men and failed to score.

My cup may not be overflowing but it's certainly fuller than many on here.

Archived