IGNORED

Missed chances

Beni71

2 hours ago, Red Exile said:

The OP rather undermines his plea for an intelligent discussion with his opening characterisation of Lee Johnson's critics and his closing comment on the fickleness of such folk.

An intelligent response is, I'd have thought, to observe that such things even out across a season. I was at Wednesday...did the Tomlin pen miss cost us?...indeed it did, as did GO'N's sending off and our late capitulation...then again we got luckier against Wigan on day one and at Burton.

Understand your perspective on this and my comments are deliberately meant to be mocking.  Our form prior to the last 3 games has been horrendous with some strange decisions on formation and selection.

The majority of posts on here for a couple of months now start and end with "LJ out". 

IMO quite embarrassing, regardless of what the issue is... magnusson not picked, after match comments, substitutions, win, lose or draw it ends with "LJ out" or personal attacks on the bloke. Everyone is entitled an opinion but frankly it's becoming counter productive and will work against us and already is and nearly did last Saturday (booing a treble substitution).

In terms of my original post, I get your point that things even them self out over the course of the season. Maybe and maybe not.

Your earlier tweet re our stats indicates we avg 15 shots per game, one of the highest in the championship. If you look at our stats again today more shots than Derby and one gold plated chance missed (again). Can we afford to maintain these stats with such poor conversion rates...?

If I stick with the common and noisy opinion, this must be Johnsons fault. So Johnson out......?!?!?!

8 minutes ago, Beni71 said:

Understand your perspective on this and my comments are deliberately meant to be mocking.  Our form prior to the last 3 games has been horrendous with some strange decisions on formation and selection.

The majority of posts on here for a couple of months now start and end with "LJ out". 

IMO quite embarrassing, regardless of what the issue is... magnusson not picked, after match comments, substitutions, win, lose or draw it ends with "LJ out" or personal attacks on the bloke. Everyone is entitled an opinion but frankly it's becoming counter productive and will work against us and already is and nearly did last Saturday (booing a treble substitution).

In terms of my original post, I get your point that things even them self out over the course of the season. Maybe and maybe not.

Your earlier tweet re our stats indicates we avg 15 shots per game, one of the highest in the championship. If you look at our stats again today more shots than Derby and one gold plated chance missed (again). Can we afford to maintain these stats with such poor conversion rates...?

If I stick with the common and noisy opinion, this must be Johnsons fault. So Johnson out......?!?!?!

Well, having been in positions in my professional life where the public judge the performance of people I manage I struggle to reach any conclusion other than that Lee Johnson is failing to deliver...and should step down. He doesn't appear to me to be up to the task, but I accept that others see it differently. If we are stuck with him I hope I'm proved wrong, as I hoped at half time today. 

Personally I don't go in for mocking others on this forum, despite the temptation. It does no one any service. I think that for all its faults this is the finest place to engage other City fans in discussion about the fortunes of the club. 

2 hours ago, tommy32 said:

I don't think missing chances is our problem; failing to defend leads, poor defending, lack of confidence 

Good points these. The forwards don't seem down. Todays goals were from some fantastic following up, which to me is encouraging. Also they track back constanlty (Tammy must have ran full pelt 40 yards back to takle at one point).

It's definitley the defence that is the issue.

14 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

Well, having been in positions in my professional life where the public judge the performance of people I manage I struggle to reach any conclusion other than that Lee Johnson is failing to deliver...and should step down. He doesn't appear to me to be up to the task, but I accept that others see it differently. If we are stuck with him I hope I'm proved wrong, as I hoped at half time today. 

Personally I don't go in for mocking others on this forum, despite the temptation. It does no one any service. I think that for all its faults this is the finest place to engage other City fans in discussion about the fortunes of the club. 

We all have different perspectives and I respect your views and opinions on this matter. 

Archived