IGNORED

Missed chances

Beni71

I know the LJ out crew are keen to hound out him out but some perspective. Totally agree on some strange tactical decisions throughout the season but continued missed chances cost us dear. A few examples

- Tomlin penalty away at Wednesday

- Abraham home to Brentford

- Abraham home to Wednesday

- Taylor away to Deby

These were clear goal scoring opportunities. 

Yes blame the manager for strange substitutions, home to Cardiff etc but he's not on the pitch in those situations and the players need to take responsibility.  But anyway please carry on with your intelligent "LJ out" (win, lose or draw).

We are such a fickle bunch. 

2 minutes ago, Beni71 said:

I know the LJ out crew are keen to hound out him out but some perspective. Totally agree on some strange tactical decisions throughout the season but continued missed chances cost us dear. A few examples

- Taylor away to Deby

Yes blame the manager for strange substitutions, home to Cardiff etc but he's not on the pitch in those situations and the players need to take responsibility.  But anyway please carry on with your intelligent "LJ out" (win, lose or draw).

You do realise that such chances are also applicable to he teams we play against?

4 minutes ago, Beni71 said:

- Taylor away to Deby

Or someone could list sitters that the opposition have missed in games

This post really is clinging to straws in the most desperate manner

Embarrassing

2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Or someone could list sitters that the opposition have missed in games

This post really is clinging to straws in the most desperate manner

Embarrassing

I can't actually remember that many sitters missed against us. We tend to catch teams at their most clinical! :laugh:

The strikers took 3 chances that were created today; on any day a striker and team would be happy with that return. Tammy one of the top scorers in the league. I don't think missing chances is our problem; failing to defend leads, poor defending, lack of confidence and a consistently changing starting eleven are more an issue in my opinion. 

2 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

You tell me the last five films I watched. 

See you can't. 

Therfore you don't watch films. 

Ridiculous. 

Huh? How is he supposed to know what films you have watched? How does that have anything to do with own film watching habits? Confused!

1 minute ago, Fordy62 said:

You tell me the last five films I watched. 

See you can't. 

Therfore you don't watch films. 

Ridiculous. 

Well there seem to be enough studious posters critiquing every little thing about the games, so maybe they could list these sitters the opposition has missed. I think @Beni71 has missed a few others as well.

12 minutes ago, ploppy said:

To be fair today's was an absolute sitter which would have likely killed a game at 4 1. LJ must feel like he's ran over 100 black cats for something like that to happen. I feel a bit sorry for the bloke. Fine margins and all that

Terrible miss. My Rovers mate said he misses loads of easy chances but then goes on a mad scoring run. 

Just hope his misses don't cost us.

The OP rather undermines his plea for an intelligent discussion with his opening characterisation of Lee Johnson's critics and his closing comment on the fickleness of such folk.

An intelligent response is, I'd have thought, to observe that such things even out across a season. I was at Wednesday...did the Tomlin pen miss cost us?...indeed it did, as did GO'N's sending off and our late capitulation...then again we got luckier against Wigan on day one and at Burton.

25 minutes ago, Beni71 said:

- Taylor away to Deby

We were 3-0 up

2 hours ago, AppyDAZE said:

Strikers miss chances  OMG  no

Have you seen Taylor's miss today? Were you at the game? Of course strikers miss chances, but this was as big a game changer as I've seen since the pat Scottish striker we had once missed at Swindon a few years back. It looked so easy it was harder to miss. And it came just when they'd pulled one back and we needed to steady our nerves and take the little bit of wind they'd got back in their sails. I'd have put my house on us winning if that had gone in.

2 hours ago, SouthBristolCityBhoy said:

Terrible miss. My Rovers mate said he misses loads of easy chances but then goes on a mad scoring run. 

Just hope his misses don't cost us.

Am I about to be wooshed? But...it cost us today; that's part of the OPs point.

By all accounts he missed a sitter. Haven't seen it but a number have commented (including the OP) that Taylor put it over the bar from a yard out with the goal at his mercy.

5 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

Our problem is defending, the forwards did their job in scoring 3 - that should be enough to win

Exactly this. I was at the game today. Three up at half time, away from home. 45 mins to see the game out for three valuable points. Can't blame missed chances.

Archived