IGNORED

Jonjo Shelvey - Wolves treatment......

Tipps69

All day long Sky Sports News have been going on about Jonjo Shelvey's treatment by Wolves fans at the weekend.

Not knowing what this was about I had a Google & it appears that Wolves fans gave him loads on the back of a game between the two clubs previously where Shelvey apparently called Romain Saiss (Wolves player) an Arab **** & he was subsequently banned for 5 games & fined £100,000!!

Now Rafa Benitez has got all upset & wants the FA to do something about the nasty Wolves fans for saying naughty things about Shelvey!!

Is Benitez for real? If this actually happens it's going to take what little atmosphere there is in grounds out. Are Wolves fans out of order?

I'd expect anyone who has done similar to get similar, football is hardly a game innocence & if you give it out you have to be prepared to take it back or are footballers really believing they are above the general way of the world?

I think Benitez is running the risk of causing more problems for Shelvey if he's going to try protecting the unprotectable, Shelvey certainly isn't the most innocent person in the world.

How would Ashton Gate react if something similar had happened to one of our players (I mean if an opposition player had racially abused one of our players & then came to play at Ashton Gate).

17 minutes ago, brizzlelou said:

He just comes across as a complete and utter donkey dong! Can't stand him so I'm glad of the abuse! That said I'm not sure what they have been saying to him.

I haven't heard or read that anything in particular has been said / chanted about him, just seems like a lot of general booing etc that football fans do to an opposition player that they don't like.

All sense goes out of the window, at a game and on this forum mate.

So many Fans have a go at players and managers. They become all high and mighty like that are all little angels. They all become judgemental. It's often a release valve from the pressures of the real world...hating their job, the missus, the kids, the bills, etc,etc.

It's almost like the circus or Gladiator arena...The Plebian's will hurl abuse one minute, and then have a massive love in when it's going well.

One minute you're the villain, the next you're the hero.

The same would happen if LJ got us up towards the play offs...all those giving him abuse, would be the first to laud him as a hero.

It's the nature of the average football fan.

All a bit Stupid when you think about it logically. ;-)

14 hours ago, spudski said:

All sense goes out of the window, at a game and on this forum mate.

So many Fans have a go at players and managers. They become all high and mighty like that are all little angels. They all become judgemental. It's often a release valve from the pressures of the real world...hating their job, the missus, the kids, the bills, etc,etc.

It's almost like the circus or Gladiator arena...The Plebian's will hurl abuse one minute, and then have a massive love in when it's going well.

One minute you're the villain, the next you're the hero.

The same would happen if LJ got us up towards the play offs...all those giving him abuse, would be the first to laud him as a hero.

It's the nature of the average football fan.

All a bit Stupid when you think about it logically. ;-)

Plebians....:clap:

Archived