IGNORED

Club Statement [Taylor/Victim Gas]

Unan

5 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

I assume this is tongue in cheek. 

A release clause is a 2 way street. Why would a player agree to that?

because there are how many clubs across the world?

Why do Barcelona/Real Madrid etc put mental release clauses in contracts? So they don't have to sell them to rivals unless they want to

1 minute ago, Hello said:

because there are how many clubs across the world?

Why do Barcelona/Real Madrid etc put mental release clauses in contracts? So they don't have to sell them to rivals unless they want to

I understand that, but why would a player agree to a caveat stating any release clause won't apply to BCFC?

1 minute ago, City Ben said:

Why not? Each contract will be individual, right? 

I do doubt however that the Gas would be so petty as to get their release clauses to disapply if the bid is from City. 

because it's a fee involved, you can't have a minimum fee 300k for cardiff and not Bristol City, it will open it up to all kinds of abuse and just makes lower league clubs feeder clubs for bigger teams, more so then it is already

4 minutes ago, City Ben said:

I do doubt however that the Gas would be so petty as to get their release clauses to disapply if the bid is from City. 

Do you really?? I don't! Their hatred of us knows no bounds...

and I love it!!

10 minutes ago, cynic said:

Not seen anything official about that.

It  may not stack up if tested, but as far as I'm aware, a club can exclude whoever they like - whether the player concerned agrees with it is another matter.

Would have been better to say nothing and just let it go away, but I think it may be likely that the EFL had input like a teacher disciplining the kids - write this and behave yourselves.

Would imagine the right to work is greater than any clubs right to refuse someone the chance to play for a specific side.

18 minutes ago, City Ben said:

Because it would be a 'restraint of trade' to the player. Even if such a clause were included it wouldn't be legally enforceable. Very much doubt that the contract would be acceptable to any player, or even the football authorities.

Sometimes clubs refuse to enact release clauses though it's incredibly rare. Liverpool Suarez Arsenal Summer 2013 is one such example, of a release clause- whether it was watertight or a gentlemans agreement is unclear...

Liverpool quote on it was fairly remarkable though! Rare anyway

So why didn’t Liverpool accept Arsenal’s bid?

“What we’ve found … is that contracts don’t seem to mean a lot in England – actually, in world football.

“It doesn’t matter how long a player’s contract is, he can decide he’s leaving. We sold a player, Fernando Torres, for £50m, that we did not want to sell, we were forced to.

“Since apparently these contracts don’t seem to hold, we took the position that we’re just not selling.”

Some chutzpah that!
And Liverpool seem to have form on this...apparently Firmino has a release clause which is open to any club except Arsenal.

6 hours ago, Stortz said:

Let me answer that for you:

No you ******* haven't.

Of course they haven't, they dropped the complaint when the EFL reminded them that they were the ones who'd mismanaged Taylor's contract and leaked the release clause into the public domain, so they'd be the ones who were punished if they carried on with the complaint.

4 hours ago, Mangadooer said:

I think we should be the ones complaining, I thought the 300 grand was for the entire first team, training ground, posts, balls and those silly tents

No, the £300,000 was just for Taylor. If we'd wanted Taylor, the entire first team, training ground, posts, balls and those silly tents then it would have cost £200,000.

We haven't coughed up any extra dough at all.

instead, we've talked them down to a public flogging of LJ's bare buttocks, as he walks through Hoarfield, repeating the phrase, "I'm so sorry, It really is all my fault".

All parties, inclusive of fans, blue and red alike are satisfied with this compromise.

Archived