IGNORED

HITC Magnusson article

Luxo Jr.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/02/13/bristol-city-fans-want-hordur-magnusson-back-in-the-side/

All right, I'll level with you, I wrote this one. I just started a provisional freelance role with HITC, writing about English football - since we're advised to stick to what you know at first, I thought I'd cover the Magnusson debate and how people responded to Johnson's interview.

A big thing HITC care about is writing what the fans are talking about/care about. Now I'm obviously not going to be constantly writing City-related articles, but every now and again I might ask people what stuff about City they think should be written about that isn't being covered.

I won't share every article I write like this, but feel free to click on it 17 times if you like. ;)

As posted elsewhere Johnson said that he wanted to rest Maggers and Bailey Wright coming in has given him the opportunity, Having Zak Vyner back means he can give him a complete rest from travelling etc, I am sure he will be back, like Johnson said he will need all the players fit and raring to go as we have a busy spell coming up.

It seems to me that it's the minority that have a problem with Magnusson not playing but they are the ones using their voice to moan about it.

The player himself doesn't have an issue with it & there is no issue between the player & anyone at the club!!

It was explained some time ago that when he was signed he wasn't expected to play every game & now we have adequate resources to allow us to rest him, that's what we're doing!!

Who's to say that there won't be suspensions or injuries to happen on the horizon & a fully fit & re-energised Magnusson will definitely be needed before the end of the season!!

But once again, let's make a problem out of something that there is no problem in the first place!!

1 minute ago, Port Said Red said:

As posted elsewhere Johnson said that he wanted to rest Maggers and Bailey Wright coming in has given him the opportunity, Having Zak Vyner back means he can give him a complete rest from travelling etc, I am sure he will be back, like Johnson said he will need all the players fit and raring to go as we have a busy spell coming up.

Normally agree with your posts but nothing wrong here mate

All the same, he's 24. Not exactly 18. And he's a professional footballer who has exceptional levels of fitness compared to an everyday person. This whole resting thing is rubbish. As a player, you want to play every game and as one of our better players, he should be playing every game regardless of their original plans were for him. The fact is he's proved his worth. If you were to go on the theory he deserves a rest, why don't they rest Flint? It's absolute rubbish and he should be playing at the very least at left back ahead of golbourne given he has played a large part of his career at left back, or if at cb, should replace Flint who has got too comfortable and liable.

13 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

So what gives you the divine right to speak on behalf of all City fans? Have I missed something?

Hi. Understand your point totally - in terms of a potentially misleading headline, I'm afraid that's the nature of the business (actually I didn't think it was particularly misleading in this instance), you can't post a headline that says "A few Bristol City fans aren't happy, but that doesn't represent every fan's belief".

In terms of the article itself, I actually think this is slightly more interesting than some other "Twitter reaction" articles - I happened to think LJ's comment about Magnusson only playing one position seemed a little short sighted, and I found that quite a few people agreed. Furthermore, Magnusson's public indication that he was fit to play came across as slightly odd.

With regard to Magnusson needing a rest, he's been out of the team for a few weeks now, so I still think the situation was strange enough to warrant an article.

I'm aware that I won't be pleasing everyone when I write something like this, but at the very least, I want to share some of the talking points of City fans. I apologise that I couldn't start off with a more positive article - maybe after tomorrow I can. :)

1 minute ago, Luxo Jr. said:

Hi. Understand your point totally - in terms of a potentially misleading headline, I'm afraid that's the nature of the business (actually I didn't think it was particularly misleading in this instance), you can't post a headline that says "A few Bristol City fans aren't happy, but that doesn't represent every fan's belief".

In terms of the article itself, I actually think this is slightly more interesting than some other "Twitter reaction" articles - I happened to think LJ's comment about Magnusson only playing one position seemed a little short sighted, and I found that quite a few people agreed. Furthermore, Magnusson's public indication that he was fit to play came across as slightly odd.

With regard to Magnusson needing a rest, he's been out of the team for a few weeks now, so I still think the situation was strange enough to warrant an article.

I'm aware that I won't be pleasing everyone when I write something like this, but at the very least, I want to share some of the talking points of City fans. I apologise that I couldn't start off with a more positive article - maybe after tomorrow I can. :)

Fair enough, I did react a bit quickly to the headline, I guess I am just a bit fed up with what seems like constant sniping and I put you in the same bracket by mistake. I would say Johnson and his team of coaches see more of Maggers week in week out to decide whether he can play at left back sufficiently well in the Championship, and before anyone says he is better than Golbourne, he may be a little out of form, but he has been playing left back at Championship level for quite a while now. 

Luxo, you're perfectly right to cover this as a topic as it is wholly odd that one of our better players who is fit and was playing well is ultimately ditched without real explanation or justification given the position we are in. There are other players that deserve to be dropped over him that continue to cost us points. I would not be happy at all in his shoes as I would want to play all the time. 

25 minutes ago, ciderbeans said:

All the same, he's 24. Not exactly 18. And he's a professional footballer who has exceptional levels of fitness compared to an everyday person. This whole resting thing is rubbish. As a player, you want to play every game and as one of our better players, he should be playing every game regardless of their original plans were for him. The fact is he's proved his worth. If you were to go on the theory he deserves a rest, why don't they rest Flint? It's absolute rubbish and he should be playing at the very least at left back ahead of golbourne given he has played a large part of his career at left back, or if at cb, should replace Flint who has got too comfortable and liable.

Because Magnusson has never played at this level constantly nor has ever played so many games in one season at this standard!!

Why is it "rubbish" that he's being rested? Where have you got it from that it's "rubbish"? Because the player himself has no problem with it or with anyone at the club.

Why can't you just trust that this maybe for the long term benefit of the team / club? He hasn't been dropped & is then playing for the U23's, he's been rested & that has meant him taking it easy for a few weeks & not playing any matches, giving him a chance to get himself together.

If I remember rightly he didn't get much of a summer off due to the Euro's & then his transfer to us & that is likely to of been his for time of not getting a considerable couple of weeks off at the end of the season, so there's every likelihood that he needs a rest.

Correct me if I'm wrong but LJ & the other coaches are more likely to of noticed if he was jaded during training or his performance levels have dropped than what you are!!

Why has there always got to be a conspiracy theory with everything that goes on at the club?!?

As for Flint not being dropped, a) he's more used to playing this standard / speed of football, b) he had a full summer off so doesn't need a mid season break so much & c) he hasn't just moved to a new country & culture. And how do you know he won't be rested in a few weeks time?

18 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Fair enough, I did react a bit quickly to the headline, I guess I am just a bit fed up with what seems like constant sniping and I put you in the same bracket by mistake. I would say Johnson and his team of coaches see more of Maggers week in week out to decide whether he can play at left back sufficiently well in the Championship, and before anyone says he is better than Golbourne, he may be a little out of form, but he has been playing left back at Championship level for quite a while now. 

Of course, absolutely. I try not to actually take sides in the article, just provide facts. 

I know that "fake news" is the taboo/buzzword these days, but HITC is actually one of the websites that delivers what the headline promises. And yes, I would still be saying that if I didn't work for them. :P 

19 minutes ago, ciderbeans said:

That's not always the case...

Lots of players are 'rested' or 'dropped' from squads in football, even though they are playing well, and it often confuses the fan.

The training vests players wear during training and during a game, give vital information about a players fitness level.

Some of the data gathered can often indicate that a player is tiring, in need of a rest, carrying a small injury or is going to be prone to one.

Once that data is collected, often coach's will rest a player, so that they don't get injured long term.

I'm not saying that's the case with HM...but it does happen, and when it's most unexpected or confusing to the fan.

14 minutes ago, Spoons said:

It's not wright I would replace magnuson with it's Scott goldbourne. 

Have any of us really seen enough of Maggers at left back to say that he is a better choice than someone with over 300 games in the position and 4 years of Championship experience? 

5 hours ago, Luxo Jr. said:

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/02/13/bristol-city-fans-want-hordur-magnusson-back-in-the-side/

All right, I'll level with you, I wrote this one. I just started a provisional freelance role with HITC, writing about English football - since we're advised to stick to what you know at first, I thought I'd cover the Magnusson debate and how people responded to Johnson's interview.

A big thing HITC care about is writing what the fans are talking about/care about. Now I'm obviously not going to be constantly writing City-related articles, but every now and again I might ask people what stuff about City they think should be written about that isn't being covered.

I won't share every article I write like this, but feel free to click on it 17 times if you like. ;)

A job at the sun awaits you sir with one sided research like that mate,a more balanced view would be the way to go

8 hours ago, Spoons said:

It's not wright I would replace magnuson with it's Scott goldbourne. 

He's never even played left back for us. 

We finally get some stability in the team selection (which people have been clamouring for) and finally get a little run without losing (which people have been clamouring for) and still people aren't happy! 

The loan rules changed the game and mean people need to have bigger squads at their disposal. From what LJ said - he sees him exclusively as a centre back so he either plays at CB or doesn't play.

And with the form of Wright I don't see any cause for complaint. 

8 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Have any of us really seen enough of Maggers at left back to say that he is a better choice than someone with over 300 games in the position and 4 years of Championship experience? 

I understand your point, but do you look at Golbourne and regularly see all that experience showing? I don't. Granted it's perhaps partly because of the players he has infront if him, but to me he is regressing/ stagnating not progressing. I expect more from that level of experience.

The player himself said all is OK with him and LJ, it's just football, it happens. Players get dropped, a huge non-story that again shows what a small club mentality we have, if it was any other club it would/ should not be an issue. Besides HITC is irrelevant, all it seems to do is regurgitate tweets from those who haven't a clue about football  matters.

Archived