IGNORED

derby screens

leader

9 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

Its why they only show goals/chances now.

And Tomlin's penalty v whoever it was he scored it against recently. I didn't know where to look (I was trying not to watch but with the bloody gert screens showing it I had nowhere to not look, if you see what I mean). That was odd when they were showing the game live, the first time the screens were in use. Especially when you're watching from the opposite side to the camera angle (ie not sat watching from the Lansdown). After X pints of Thatchers in the Nova (real Thatchers, not fizzy, clear sh*t), that's a mind-bender.

3 minutes ago, Turbored said:

My biggest moan with them is that when the 45 or 90 mins are up the clock just stops , why cant the time carry on or put up an additional counter like +X.XX. Any reason why not @Mkelly ?

I believe that is down to FA rules, as the injury time board is just an indication and it stops people getting immediately upset if a goal is scored at 3 minutes plus a couple of seconds or something when 3 minutes was stated.

8 minutes ago, Turbored said:

My biggest moan with them is that when the 45 or 90 mins are up the clock just stops , why cant the time carry on or put up an additional counter like +X.XX. Any reason why not @Mkelly ?

It's a FIFA thing, the same the world over.

"Clocks in the stadium showing the length of time played may run during the match, provided that they are stopped at the end of normal playing time in each half, i.e. after 45 and 90 minutes respectively. This stipulation shall also apply if extra time is played (i.e. after 15 minutes of each half)."

1 minute ago, Turbored said:

Would be good if there was independent time keeping or you could see when the clock was stopped as in the rugby. Keeping it like this really does open it up to and can suggest corruption.

Eh? An independent time keeper like the ref you mean?

6 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

I can't stand it being shown on the screens. We're there to look at  what's happening on the pitch. Both badges, score and time that's all that's needed. 

I can understand displaying the updated score at a rugby match, but surely most people know what the score is at a football match at any given moment during the game? It also winds me up when the score is repeated over the tannoy at the final whistle, like we didn't know what it was...first world problems...!

29 minutes ago, New Dazzler said:

What would be useful is to have the substitutions  (of both sides) shown on the screen as when more than 1 are made it is easy to miss something with all the clapping/booing going on.

The opposition subs particularly. Unless you have an in depth knowledge of, say, Blackburn`s squad you have no idea who`s coming on half the time.

6 hours ago, Big C said:

Eh? An independent time keeper like the ref you mean?

Ref keeps control of the game as he would normally and you have a person in stand managing the clock. Have the clock on display so everyone can see it , so for example when there's a sub you can see the clock stopped or 30 secs added on etc. Check it on google lots been said about it.

In my opinion the Derby screens were cock eyed.

The play was in reverse to what you were watching

So when the play came up our end it was on the extreme right of screen

I think the screens are okay to be showing the game LIVE

because then you CAN watch things happening at the other end of the pitch

We all don't have 20 20 vision

Archived