IGNORED

Where is the breaking point

Dredd

So what do we think?

Lose to Fulham?

Get less than 2 points from the next 3 games?

Is he here until the end of the season regardless?

I think it's fair to say a large part of the fan base has turned, so how long do the board give him? He's been well backed in another transfer window, so does this show he's got to get us relegated to get sacked?

1 minute ago, Dredd said:

So what do we think?

Lose to Fulham?

I think it's fair to say a large part of the fan base has turned, so how long do the board give him? He's been well backed in another transfer window, so does this show he's got to get us relegated to get sacked?

The breaking point was forest

I don't know. I feel like he should go and probably needs too but then I get all hopeful again.

It could be I am so resigned to failure now that I am unable to form a permanent stance.

Weird - I care so much during the game but after it I seem to accept it quite easily. Sigh !! :sad26:

Do people genuinely think there is a benefit to changing now?

I think LJ's position is bordering on untenable now - and I say that as someone who has defended him in the main - but at this stage in the season does is actually make any sense to change?

How long does a new manager need to properly assess the players at his disposal and know his best team/formation? Probably a good 6-8 weeks? By then we're pretty much into April.

And of course who is actually available? 

And lets face it if SL backed him through our worst run in history why would he sack him following 1 defeat in 4? 

The breaking point for all but the most optimistic was weeks ago...can't see anything changing now. Colours nailed to the mast by SL, I believe he's fully committed and that  if we go down we'll be going down with LJ at the helm.

Bizarre in my opinion but that's where we are...

11 minutes ago, Neo said:

I don't know. I feel like he should go and probably needs too but then I get all hopeful again.

It could be I am so resigned to failure now that I am unable to form a permanent stance.

Weird - I care so much during the game but after it I seem to accept it quite easily. Sigh !! :sad26:

That's what good BSers do!! Fill you with hope by using encouraging words and so say honesty and then serve you tripe. Trust me!!! I've employed a few of them. Don't last long though ;) 

23 minutes ago, Dredd said:

So what do we think?

Lose to Fulham?

About 3 months ago.

9 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

I think LJ's position is bordering on untenable now - and I say that as someone who has defended him in the main - but at this stage in the season does is actually make any sense to change?

How long does a new manager need to properly assess the players at his disposal and know his best team/formation? Probably a good 6-8 weeks? By then we're pretty much into April.

And lets face it if SL backed him through our worst run in history why would he sack him following 1 defeat in 4? 

1st sentence: yes.

He may not take us down, none of us know.  We can only guess one way or the other.

13 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

The breaking point for all but the most optimistic was weeks ago...can't see anything changing now. Colours nailed to the mast by SL, I believe he's fully committed and that  if we go down we'll be going down with LJ at the helm.

Bizarre in my opinion but that's where we are...

Like Captain Smith...."I see no iceberg!"

14 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Absolutely a change would help, it would unite the whole club. Bring in a manager who is known to drill his defense into a unit.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/34458837

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/birmingham-city-how-gary-rowett-9037113

16 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Some good points.

Right now the team needs leadership, inspirational leadership. To take no action and hope for the best is negligent.

3 minutes ago, Dynamite Red said:

Absolutely a change would help, it would unite the whole club. Bring in a manager who is known to drill his defense into a unit.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/34458837

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/birmingham-city-how-gary-rowett-9037113

This is a great point. A change (I think) would bring many supporters closer together. Some sort of unification. 

8 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

I personally cannot work out for the life of me why anyone would still be backing LJ.

I get people not being happy with the personal abuse but in terms of LJ the manager, please could anyone who still backs/believes in LJ let the rest of us know what we aren't seeing?!

I think if you already he should go before the last four games then there hasn't been enough to swing your opinion. But if you already had some belief in LJ then there are good signs. SW showed us not capitulating despite going behind twice and getting a draw with a team pushing for the playoffs. Rotherham saw a win albeit a not very pretty one and the first 60/70 mins against Derby were great. Obviously losing the lead was not good but it was still an away point against at the other end of the table. Today its seems like we were poor first half but actually pretty good second half had more possession and shots on goal and lost to a goal that should have been a foul and a huge deflection. 

I appreciate that if yo had already made up your mind (Which is fair enough given the run etc.) that your not going to see enough there to swing your opinion, but with the best will in the world after a run like the one we had been on we aren't suddenly going to start winning every game particularly against teams doing so much better than us. 

Here is how I look at it if we had sacked LJ after forest/Burnley and appointed whoever you think we could realistically get to replace him in would you look at the last 4 games differently? Would you be saying the replacement is just as bad a LJ? I don't think you would I think we'd be talking about good progress and positive signs of improvement.

28 minutes ago, Hampshire reds said:

I feel sadly the time has come to thank Lee and move on.  We have a week until the next game. An early appointment and give the new man a chance to assess the team in training and try and boost morale.  

I'm not in the slightest bit sad about it.

And thanks?

That he's drained my enthusiasm to attend City games?

Don't think so. :no:

1 minute ago, RichardEdd said:

I think if you already he should go before the last four games then there hasn't been enough to swing your opinion. But if you already had some belief in LJ then there are good signs. SW showed us not capitulating despite going behind twice and getting a draw with a team pushing for the playoffs. Rotherham saw a win albeit a not very pretty one and the first 60/70 mins against Derby were great. Obviously losing the lead was not good but it was still an away point against at the other end of the table. Today its seems like we were poor first half but actually pretty good second half had more possession and shots on goal and lost to a goal that should have been a foul and a huge deflection. 

I appreciate that if yo had already made up your mind (Which is fair enough given the run etc.) that your not going to see enough there to swing your opinion, but with the best will in the world after a run like the one we had been on we aren't suddenly going to start winning every game particularly against teams doing so much better than us. 

Here is how I look at it if we had sacked LJ after forest/Burnley and appointed whoever you think we could realistically get to replace him in would you look at the last 4 games differently? Would you be saying the replacement is just as bad a LJ? I don't think you would I think we'd be talking about good progress and positive signs of improvement.

Good points, and questions....from my point of view right now any faith I had in LJ has died. I think he's out of his depth. Taking us nowhere. What would it take to change that?...I think he has to keep us up comfortably this season and by this time next year have us performing as a competent Championship side. Any less and he'll always be living on borrowed time for me. Shame, I think I can see what he's trying to do and I'd like him to have us playing the modern, tactically responsive football he talks about...but he seems incapable of getting his side to play that way.

Archived