IGNORED

Claudio Ranieri

myol'man

1 minute ago, myol'man said:

Last season he he was able to play a fairly settled team. Result, Leicester win the Premier League.

This season he has reverted to Tickerman , Result, Leicester are one point above the drop zone.

Conclusion; Play a settled team.

Discuss

He had an ok defence

1 minute ago, myol'man said:

Last season he he was able to play a fairly settled team. Result, Leicester win the Premier League.

This season he has reverted to Tickerman , Result, Leicester are one point above the drop zone.

Discuss

selling your two best players and the other tow not performing is the reason

1 minute ago, Top Robin said:

He had an ok defence

Are you saying our defence is shyte??

If that was true, why are we only playing one new defender?

We could have signed more defenders, or defensive midfielders? We didn't - we signed wingers and strikers.

:dunno:

tfj

There's more to it at Leicester than simply tinkering. Their starting 11 and tactics were found out and he's needed to try and change it to change it around.

I'm not against team rotation and I'm fully in support of playing players with different qualities to hurt oppositions weaknesses/ counter their strengths, a basic ingredient of good football management in my mind.

1 minute ago, Taxi for Johnson said:

Are you saying our defence is shyte??

If that was true, why are we only playing one new defender?

We could have signed more defenders, or defensive midfielders? We didn't - we signed wingers and strikers.

:dunno:

tfj

I know.....annoying innit

3 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

I know.....annoying innit

To be fair he did try to improve the whole squad in Jan. He signed a goalkeeper, a centre back, an (allegedly) defensive midfielder as well as a winger and two strikers. A pretty balanced set of recruits on paper.

I'd argue that every signing has improved us as a squad with the exception of Giefer who the jury is stil out on for me. 

1 minute ago, BRISTOL86 said:

To be fair he did try to improve the whole squad in Jan. He signed a goalkeeper, a centre back, an (allegedly) defensive midfielder as well as a winger and two strikers. A pretty balanced set of recruits on paper.

I'd argue that every signing has improved us as a squad with the exception of Giefer who the jury is stil out on for me. 

You might be right: but we are still shyte.

Blame the players, the manager, or Robbored.

Discuss.

tfj

36 minutes ago, CheddarReds said:

I'm not against team rotation and I'm fully in support of playing players with different qualities to hurt oppositions weaknesses/ counter their strengths, a basic ingredient of good football management in my mind.

Yes But first you need to know what your best team is. I can not help but think our manager has never found it. Before you can tinker with a team one must understand their first 11 through and though, then just maybe with the right experience you can start to make subtle changes. Problem for me someone at the gate is trying to show the world how great he is and really he is not al that...

4 minutes ago, We live in hope said:

Yes But first you need to know what your best team is. I can not help but think our manager has never found it. Before you can tinker with a team one must understand their first 11 through and though, then just maybe with the right experience you can start to make subtle changes. Problem for me someone at the gate is trying to show the world how great he is and really he is not al that...

You've missed the point.

Every footballer has different qualities, some will be better passes, some better pressers, some better leaders, some better tacklers and headers etc.

There is no such thing as one best 11. The best 11 will change depending on what qualities you need from your players to beat what is in front of you on a game by game basis.

It might be that your team is of considerably better quality than what you're up against so you don't need to change it, or certain players work well together so you might see one 11 regularly but the idea of 'one best 11' no matter who or what is ridiculous.

1 minute ago, CheddarReds said:

You've missed the point.

Every footballer has different qualities, some will be better passes, some better pressers, some better leaders, some better tacklers and headers etc.

There is no such thing as one best 11. The best 11 will change depending on what qualities you need from your players to beat what is in front of you on a game by game basis.

It might be that your team is of considerably better quality than what you're up against so you don't need to change it, or certain players work well together so you might see one 11 regularly but the idea of 'one best 11' no matter who or what is ridiculous.

Look I hear what your saying dude but in reality this is BCFC with a young inexperienced manager. The managers at the very top might know the game well enough to be the ultimate tinker man but here today we need to find our best 11 and then start digging in!

2 minutes ago, We live in hope said:

Look I hear what your saying dude but in reality this is BCFC with a young inexperienced manager. The managers at the very top might know the game well enough to be the ultimate tinker man but here today we need to find our best 11 and then start digging in!

Agree to disagree re one best 11. Certainly hope our man in charge no matter how young or inexperienced can help us dig in and get points though! Here's hoping!! :chant6ez:

2 hours ago, myol'man said:

Discuss

Thank the Lord somebody else agrees, I got slated on another thread for saying as much, but it can't be rocket science that a settled team is a team that knows what it has to do and knows the players around each other.

1 minute ago, walkingtalkingred said:

Speaking of kante. 

If he were to win the league this year with Chelsea. Would he be the first player to win the premiership title back to back with different teams? 

Oddly i think Mark Schwarzer was the first last season, he did it the other way round though - Chelsea to Leicester. Although I'm not sure he even played a game for either.

Archived