IGNORED

In another topic

Rocking Red Cyril

It was said in another topic on here somewhere that the 5 points from 3 games as in were, Rotherham, weds and derby was good form which I agree with . Point at derby great result whatever half time score. But peps still not seem happy with this form mmmmmmmmmmm I thought that 5 out of 9 points , not bad I thought. So again I thought mmmmmmmmmmm that over a season is 56% not  Barcelona form but not bad in my book and would be a season points tally of 77 points which h in my book would cause lots of cidery type celebrations. 

So would 77 points this season not keep you happy ?

6 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Of course 77 points would keep people happy. But we won't get 77 points. Nowhere near . If u base you're maths over the last 17 games what does the percentage workout then . 

Ok using the above basis that gives us another 28 points, which I see being a struggle to get, even with improving form .

Another 28 points gives season total which sees , I think , just in top half. 

My worry the the theory is that you can not compare any game with any other therefore the whole ideology bending using 5 points from 9 has no basis for a season long assessment and is there fore total crap.

Sorry was going so well as well, back to the delegation fight 

Coyr

@Rocking Red Cyril have you read Moneyball? The film is crap, but the book is good.

Theres some interesting stuff about how they worked out how many points they'd need through the season of 168 games to reach the playoffs, and where all those points would come from and how they'd use their budget to get there. 

And they did get to the playoffs.

Unfortunately the sample size of the play-offs was too small, and they're planning couldn't equate to that.

Interestingly or not, in 14/15 season, our worst set of 5 games yielded 6 points.  That's impressive.  No other club had as good a 'bad run' as us.

Also interesting in that you've omitted Leeds result.  But I get your point.

19 hours ago, Davefevs said:

@Rocking Red Cyril have you read Moneyball? The film is crap, but the book is good.

Theres some interesting stuff about how they worked out how many points they'd need through the season of 168 games to reach the playoffs, and where all those points would come from and how they'd use their budget to get there. 

Unfortunately the sample size of the play-offs was too small, and they're planning couldn't equate to that.

Interestingly or not, in 14/15 season, our worst set of 5 games yielded 6 points.  That's impressive.  No other club had as good a 'bad run' as us.

No not read the book who the author. Agreed I did drop the Leeds game but I was trying to find a positive outlook. Figures and statistics can be manipulated in many different ways

20 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Have done my calculations over whole season data and not look so good another 7 points which I sure would put us down. So yes it depends on the sample group not necessarily the calculation used. Keep the faith.

5 hours ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

No not read the book who the author. Agreed I did drop the Leeds game but I was trying to find a positive outlook. Figures and statistics can be manipulated in many different ways

If you want a read, I'll post my copy to you....DM me if interested.

Archived