IGNORED

Sutton v Arsenal

Red Army 75

1 minute ago, Jerseybean said:

Some strike by Deacon. The bar is still shaking!

Yes. he does look good, I heard them say that he was quoted as saying the cup run had "restored his love of football" after he was released by Arsenal. I often wonder how many players just lose self confidence when they don't make the grade even at a young age. 

34 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong Amy

But in essence its top quality artificial grass - all artificial 

Wheras our Desso pitch is predominantly real grass with fibres / false grass interwoven into the roots to stimulate / help the real grass to grow to a high standard

Think that's right

Spot on

the fibres only rest at a certain level so the mower can cut at the correct height

40 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong Amy

But in essence its top quality artificial grass - all artificial 

Wheras our Desso pitch is predominantly real grass with fibres / false grass interwoven into the roots to stimulate / help the real grass to grow to a high standard

Think that's right

The artificial twine is for the grass roots to attach themselves to so that even if the grass is kicked of by boots, the roots will soon sprout new grass.

Just catching up with this now but they did say a wet 3G was an all weather outdoor type opposed to the more usual artificial pitches normally found inside, saying Arsenal 'only' had one of those so hinted they would be disadvantaged. 

Its all very advanced from the only time I saw City play on the artificial pitch of old. Away at Preston where it looked like it was frozen solid and no player would make any type of challenge for fear of getting a carpet burn, a very weird game.

10 hours ago, Rossi the Robin said:

I kind of agree, if it wasn't 3G would probably be a muddy bobbly pitch and be equally as difficult for them 

However, on a personal basis as a ex player (of a much lower level obviously) would take a shite grass pitch over any artificial pitch any day 

I agree so would I 

Archived