IGNORED

Sutton v Arsenal

Red Army 75

29 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Odejayi that's a name that I had forgotten about, whatever happened to him? Did he end up at FGR or something?

Went on to score the winner for Barnsley v Chelsea in the FAC a few years back, when they also knocked out Liverpool.

cue - being corrected by the t'Barnsley fans on here

33 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Played against him in the Fry's Cup Final (against a young City side).  We beat Rovers on pens in the semi.   Thought I'd show the young whipper snapper a bit of experience (and weight) as I tried to hold it up, only for this kid to come through me fairly and squarely.  I was a bit shocked at how strong he was.   

Think Walcott has just decided he agrees with you Dave !!!

:thumbsup::laughcont:

30 minutes ago, RumRed said:

If the commentators use the type of surface to excuse a team of that value once more I'll scream.

How much is this Arsenal team on the pitch worth?  Honest question but I'm guessing quite a bit?

It's like we're meant to think Arsenal have never played or trained on an artificial pitch!

2 minutes ago, Rossi the Robin said:

Tbf it's different and Sutton play regularly on it

IMO I don't think it should be allowed

I 100% agree that 3G is very different to a "real" pitch (whatever one of those is these days) however I'm sure Arsenal would have a 3G pitch at their training facilities and will be fairly comfortable with one.

1 minute ago, MarcusX said:

Basically the point I was making is the 3G pitch shouldn't really be an excuse for them, despite the differences.

I kind of agree, if it wasn't 3G would probably be a muddy bobbly pitch and be equally as difficult for them 

However, on a personal basis as a ex player (of a much lower level obviously) would take a shite grass pitch over any artificial pitch any day 

2 minutes ago, Rossi the Robin said:

I kind of agree, if it wasn't 3G would probably be a muddy bobbly pitch and be equally as difficult for them 

However, on a personal basis as a ex player (of a much lower level obviously) would take a shite grass pitch over any artificial pitch any day 

Or, as we were more used to in our local leagues, a grass pitch with shite on it.

15 minutes ago, Just_amy said:

An someone explain to me in simple terms what a 3G pitch is??

Thanks!

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong Amy

But in essence its top quality artificial grass - all artificial 

Wheras our Desso pitch is predominantly real grass with fibres / false grass interwoven into the roots to stimulate / help the real grass to grow to a high standard

Think that's right

Archived