IGNORED

Engvall - he aint gena last

Londoner

3 hours ago, alexukhc said:

Tammys loan contract I believe he has to play a certain amount of games if fit, it's something Chelsea imply in most of their deals. 

Engvall signed for a lot of monies, was it Ashton's signing or LJ's? We don't know. To me he seems to of done well when played, but what we don't see is training and then to add insult to him we have the Bosnian and Matty T, which looks like next seasons front pairing.. so I'm really not sure where this leaves him... 

The inference from that is players can impress scouts hugely in matches, enough for them to advise the club to put a big bid in, but the scouts should also watch potential signings in training sessions just in case they impress less there?

If Engvall has disappointed LJ in City's training sessions perhaps that's as much down to down to the quality of the training sessions as deficiencies in the player?

We're led to believe that LJ goes to watch potential signings after they have been pinpointed by the scouts - even eating into his own coaching time with the squad to do so - so he would almost certainly have had the final say having watched Engvall in action before agreeing to his signing.

If Engvall's now not thought to be good enough based on not impressing in training then then buck stops with LJ, and particularly, imo., his reluctance to give him a chance in matches.

It's out on the pitch, in match action, that Engvall impressed enough for us to sign him, so give him a chance!

13 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

The inference from that is players can impress scouts hugely in matches, enough for them to advise the club to put a big bid in, but the scouts should also watch potential signings in training sessions just in case they impress less there?

If Engvall has disappointed LJ in City's training sessions perhaps that's as much down to down to the quality of the training sessions as deficiencies in the player?

We're led to believe that LJ goes to watch potential signings after they have been pinpointed by the scouts - even eating into his own coaching time with the squad to do so - so he would almost certainly have had the final say having watched Engvall in action before agreeing to his signing.

If Engvall's now not thought to be good enough based on not impressing in training then then buck stops with LJ, and particularly, imo., his reluctance to give him a chance in matches.

It's out on the pitch, in match action, that Engvall impressed enough for us to sign him, so give him a chance!

I think Engvil's biggest problem is Tammy Abraham and possibly Lee Tomlin, 

Tammy banging the goals in would keep out many a striker, the other position I see the swede playing is the role Tomlin and Reid play

3 hours ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

I really can't remember the club asking the fans to pay any money for any transfers.

What is this obsession with what Mr Lansdown decides to shell out?

As far as being mugged by agents I would suggest that a profit of say £10 million on JK, a few million on Bolaisie and Adoma whilst getting Taylor for£300k doesn't look like A City board who can't see a deal.

We'll win some transfers and lose some.

But,hey, let,s not let that get in the way of a chance to be critical. 

Engvall has not proved that he was or was not worth his fee so far but his contract is not just for this season.

We are talking about the Engvall deal, and not being critical of the player himself because he neither set nor received the level of the fee.  I can't see anyone moaning about the terms of the Taylor deal.

I do have a financial interest, as do many others on here, because I am a shareholder.  There is a plaque in the ground with my name on it (not just my name, I hasten to add) as I was one of the limited number that substantially supported the last rights issue. Albeit at a fraction of the level of Steve Lansdown.

So I do have money invested in the club and if it is being wasted by pouring it into the pockets of agents then it is reducing the value of my investment. You wouldn't of course have known this.

1 minute ago, Eddie Hitler said:

We are talking about the Engvall deal, and not being critical of the player himself because he neither set nor received the level of the fee.  I can't see anyone moaning about the terms of the Taylor deal.

I do have a financial interest, as do many others on here, because I am a shareholder.  There is a plaque in the ground with my name on it (not just my name, I hasten to add) as I was one of the limited number that substantially supported the last rights issue. Albeit at a fraction of the level of Steve Lansdown.

So I do have money invested in the club and if it is being wasted by pouring it into the pockets of agents then it is reducing the value of my investment. You wouldn't of course have known this.

engvil has a lot of if's about him, what little I've seen of him I've been impressed and I personally want him to have a run in the side,

I think he should of been used more off the bench so I think he's been mis managed a little bit, but then we don't see training

5 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

So I do have money invested in the club and if it is being wasted by pouring it into the pockets of agents then it is reducing the value of investment. You wouldn't of course have known this.

Not just your name ? :dunno:

Is it in the ' Gents ' along with your telephone number ? 

4 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Haha! Me too although I'm not sure if the plaque is still  on show anywhere. It used to be above the stairs to the Directors lounge in the old Williams stand.

However- this "investment" was approximately £100 per person at the time and I think that you really are stretching a point if you feel that it grants you some form of additional moaning rights and is ridiculous you feel if in some way that it's your money that Steve Lansdown is spending.

8 hours ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Haha! Me too although I'm not sure if the plaque is still  on show anywhere. It used to be above the stairs to the Directors lounge in the old Williams stand.

However- this "investment" was approximately £100 per person at the time and I think that you really are stretching a point if you feel that it grants you some form of additional moaning rights and is ridiculous you feel if in some way that it's your money that Steve Lansdown is spending.

I put in considerably more than that; but do feel free continue with your sweeping and unfounded assumptions if it helps your argument.

45 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

I put in considerably more than that; but do feel free continue with your sweeping and unfounded assumptions if it helps your argument.

OK

£150 and so you're a Director and major shareholder.

I hope you're ashamed of yourself for allowing us to get in such a mess.

Archived