IGNORED

Owen Coyle leaves Blackburn

Never to the dark side

3 minutes ago, Nomad said:

Not good news for us.

Oh come on , who could do anything there ? 

They'll go for another failure with a name and nothing will change .

Floyd Hasselbank would be my complete and rubbish guess or if the owners have anything about them Rowett , who in three months time will be fired with his career in ruins .

They are highly unlikely to get anyone of any real worth in there!!

The Venky's have ruined the club & they are massively in debt so they won't be looking to pay for a replacement.

If anything, Coyle was starting to turn them around & whoever comes in now will be starting from scratch.

2 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Oh come on , who could do anything there ? 

They'll go for another failure with a name and nothing will change .

Floyd Hasselbank would be my complete and rubbish guess or if the owners have anything about them Rowett , who in three months time will be fired with his career in ruins .

Not a chance Rowett will touch that job with the chicken jokers in charge.

12 minutes ago, Bo Andersons dietician said:

Could be really bad news for us to be honest.

I know a lot of Blackburn fans because I work up their occasionally - they hated him from the start and he didn't get any sort of backing because of his Bolton / Burnley background.

We have to hope that the Venkys continue with their series of truly awful appointments...

Where as LJ is hated by some because of his Bristol City background.

9 minutes ago, Loderingo said:

Tony Mowbray has been installed as the favourite for the job.  He's out of work and would probably take it.

Agreed. I dont think there is much risk with the job either. If he takes them to survival he is a hero, if they go down I doubt they will blame him but previous managers/Venky's.

Guest Redandy
2 hours ago, Northern Red said:

5 Live mentioned the other day that he was given a total of £200,000 for transfers across the last 2 windows despite significantly more money coming into the club.

They're a complete mess.

And what are we. Our clown has been totally supported in the last 2 windows and look where we are.

2 hours ago, Northern Red said:

5 Live mentioned the other day that he was given a total of £200,000 for transfers across the last 2 windows despite significantly more money coming into the club.

They're a complete mess.

BBC quotes £250,000 for transfers with £10m received by players going out - contrast that with LJ who has had £14m incoming and 2m outgoing (I know we got 11-14m for Kodjia, but for me that just balances out with having Tammy on loan). So how much better has LJ done with a net £22m more spend, 3 sodding points better - shameful & inexcusable.

Guest Redandy
8 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

That may be your reason but can you deny there are those who were against him based on his playing career here from day 1? 

Then what an opportunity Johnson had to prove them wrong. Shame he was not up to it.

24 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

That may be your reason but can you deny there are those who were against him based on his playing career here from day 1? 

I don't think there were that many. I certainly wasn't, I want to like the guy but post October this season has been a total shambles.

14 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Took Burnley into the Premier League in his first season as a manager in England....wish we'd had a manager as awful as him and achieved promotion to the top tier...

Our manager is highly thought of, and has been scouted by loads of PL clubs (allegedly)

Guest Redandy
42 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

He was up to October and I don't think you can use the past tense to describe his time here just yet.

That was 4 months ago and we have been in terminal decline ever since, so I think it can be safely accepted he has not proved anything but an inability to manage at this level.

2 hours ago, old_eastender said:

BBC quotes £250,000 for transfers with £10m received by players going out - contrast that with LJ who has had £14m incoming and 2m outgoing (I know we got 11-14m for Kodjia, but for me that just balances out with having Tammy on loan). So how much better has LJ done with a net £22m more spend, 3 sodding points better - shameful & inexcusable.

What laughable logic, I'm no LJ fan but he did good business there in the short term, no denying it. 

2 hours ago, old_eastender said:

All of that 250k must have been on Derrick Williams...

Well coyle is within a few points of us, with rubbish owners, a ruined fanbase, and having only spent 200 grand in a year, on our reserve centreback, compared to lj, who has spent millions, picked up a 20 goal striker on loan, has a supportive, reasoned owner, and a growing fanbase. Just shows how bad he has been, he has been shocking, and if are relegated with abraham scoring 20 odd goals, and that huge spend on transfers, and total inability to integrate the players into a cohesive team, he should never work in football again. The guy is a fraud.

Archived