IGNORED

St Etienne fans tonight

22A

Must say they impressed me tonight.

3-0 down from the first leg, but the ground appeared to be a sellout, some fans were even sat on the steps in the gangways. 1-0 down after 15 mins, but they still cheered and urged on their team. Even a throw in deep in the Man U half was loudly cheered. For want of a better expression, it seems they "always believe".

I don't want to poor cold water on your positive sentiment but with all their 'believing' they are still 4 goals down.

It's not really done them any good has it?

It's great to roar on your team but if you're shouting at a duck in a greyhound race you're still not going to get it to win.

2 minutes ago, Midlands Robin said:

I don't want to poor cold water on your positive sentiment but with all their 'believing' they are still 4 goals down.

It's not really done them any good has it?

It's great to roar on your team but if you're shouting at a duck in a greyhound race you're still not going to get it to win.

That made me smile - duck is a great analogy... but we're not a duck are we, let's be honest. Nor are we that far behind. It's both a mitigating and damning stat in equal measures that we lose by the odd goal, but it does show cold water is not being poured. It is continual margins at worst. 

1 minute ago, 22A said:

A point I was truing to make is that despite the situation appearing to be hopeless, there was no negativity from those fans. An example to us perhaps?

You make your own enjoyment in life. 

2 minutes ago, 22A said:

A point I was truing to make is that despite the situation appearing to be hopeless, there was no negativity from those fans. An example to us perhaps?

There's nothing like smiling on the scaffold.

At the moment we still have a slight chance of a reprieve and it's that which Is making the smile look strained, once the trap door opens a we're on the drop I reckon that's when you'll see a little more gallows humour.

Archived